Forum Member

Default I could really use some help

I graduated an academy at a community college and I have ifsac FFII, hazmat OPS, and a state EMT-B license but I don't have airport. I've been looking for work in my state for a year but this state is kinda broke and I haven't landed any of the few jobs that come up. What companies with overseas contracts can I hope to get hired by?
    Thanks

Forum Member

What state are you in?

Have you looked at other states that will accept your training???

Forum Member

I live in New Mexico and I have a New Mexico EMT-B license, but my firefighter license is from texas, where the college is. I applied to a department in texas but I got eliminated because my EMT-B license isn't from Texas. I'm not nationally certified, so that doesn't help much either.
    I'm very interested in overseas firefighting because I really want to travel, and the money is a very persuasive factor as well, considering how poor my family is.

Forum Member

Cannot speak to the emt cert, but have you looked at what it takes so you can work in any state???
    Tx has openings all the time

http://www.tcfp.state.tx.us/employment.asp

Check the varied company names on this thread and apply if you want to go overseas

Teex appears to have a class coming up

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 50
    The TEEX class is Dec.6-11th It's on there website on PDF. It's called ARF 100. It also says you have to register 30 days in advance.
    Just talked to the guy today. I'm going

This says march 2012 but call them and see about dec
    http://www.teex.com/teex.cfm?pageid=...14&navdiv=ESTI

Forum Member

Forum Member

Any college hours???

http://www.dfwairport.com/careers/dps.php

The initial hiring requirements.
    Have at least 30 hours or more of college credit.
    Pass both a written and physical ability test.
    Pass a polygraph test.
    Complete and pass a background investigation.
    Successfully pass the chief's interview.
    Pass both a physic evaluation and drug test.

Forum Member

Thanks for the info fire49.
    I got tons of college credits, haha, but no degree. Just the certs.
    I'm basically broke right now, I'm washing dishes at a restaurant so I can earn some gas money so I can travel and test for more departments. That dallas job is real interesting, but I just don't have the money to go there and participate in their hiring process. That's another reason why I'm interested in the overseas contracts because I understand they do a lot of their hiring process over the phone.
    I am dying to get started in this career, I don't even care what the pay is. I'll take a job in a town of 100 people if they'll pay me to be there. I've been a bit caught up on the oral interviews because I'm really not sure how to get high scores on those things. I can get 95 all day long on written exams but for some reason the interviewers don't score me very well on the words I say to them.
    Anyway, I applied to dyncorp just now and from the looks of things wsi and sallyport are two other options. I'm going to pursue every option that I have the means of pursuing.

And thanks a ton for the link to the airport class. Gives me something to save up for

Thread Information