Thread: Your thoughts?

Forum Member

Default Your thoughts?

I would first off like to thank everyone that has replied to my previous threads. I really appreciate how much help you all have been and it makes me excited to be a part of such a brotherhood. My question today has to do with going to emt/paramedic/firefighting school. I am currently a freshman at texas tech and I'm feeling that it just isn't for me. Basically my question is would it be wise to go ahead and go to firefighting/paramedic/emt(whatever is required in my area) so I could start a career I feel passionate about? I'm currently looking into Ft. Worth, Texas, Arlington, Texas(both of these only require a HS diploma) and Abilene, Texas (my hometown which requires firefighter/emt certs.). I feel like I'm wasting my time and a lot of money here at Texas Tech. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks again!
    Cole

Forum Member

If you are going to jump then best to get paramedic first then tx firefighter cert
    That makes your chances a lot better in Texas

If you try for a dept that only requires a high school paper you will be going against 2000 or better other applicants

What is your major at tech and how much school fo you have left??

Get your guns up!!!!!

Forum Member

I am an undeclared major I am only a freshman but I just cannot find anything for me here. I don't want to be in a office. I don't care about the money I just want to do something that matters not sit behind a desk. I took a test and it told me to be a cop or firefighter basically and I have always wanted to be a firefighter. So I am just staying undecided until they make me declare if I stick with the whole college thing. If I do have to declare it will probably be something that has to do with technology or sociology I don't really know to tell you the truth lol.

Forum Member

Well college is not for everyone
    But in the long run you make a little more money with a 4year degree

Like I said paramedic should be the first thing you get

I cannot remember if Lubbock has someone that offers a paramedic program

Are you from Lubbock area or somewhere else in tx?

Would not do a sociology major

Forum Member

I understand the money thing but the way I see it if I need it to advance I will take what I need when that comes along and I'm from Abilene Texas it is about 2 and a half hours from Lubbock. I know they offer it in Abilene and I'm not quite for sure about Lubbock but I have heard from some people that they do but I'm not absolutely sure if they do. If anyone does in Lubbock it is the community college.

Thread Information