Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: City of Sacramento

Forum Member

You guys know when the academy starts yet? I got an email today for EMS testing in Feb. for a summer academy. Just wondering if you're starting in the next month or so.

Forum Member

I just got an email yesterday for an EMS test, too. Does anyone have any idea as to what I should study? Should I focus on National Registry, local protocols, or anything else?

Forum Member

I have another question someone may be able to answer. For the EMS written/skills testing, what is the dress code? I've never had this hoop without an interview immediately after, so I'm not sure if it's a suit and tie or business casual dress? If anyone knows, I'd appreciate the help. Thanks!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by skitahoe View Post
    I have another question someone may be able to answer. For the EMS written/skills testing, what is the dress code? I've never had this hoop without an interview immediately after, so I'm not sure if it's a suit and tie or business casual dress? If anyone knows, I'd appreciate the help. Thanks!

Always dress for success. I would say business casual would be your best bet.

MembersZone Subscriber

Whats up skitahoe, I'd go with business casual. By the way, I got the same email.
    Am pretty stoked!
    skitahoe likes this.

Forum Member

backgrounds have started for the first rounds

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by lauby View Post
    backgrounds have started for the first rounds

So are you guys slated to start in the summer also? Or is your academy starting sooner? Just curious as to the timeline from this point on.

Forum Member

We have been told April at the earliest. Polygraphs have just been started so we wait.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by lauby View Post
    We have been told April at the earliest. Polygraphs have just been started so we wait.
    Since you recently went through this. It's a EMS written and then skills and if you pass an interview and then on to the backgrounds? And how long was it from the EMS portion to you just starting the polygraphs? And is that the last part of the background? Appreciate the insight.

Forum Member

correct, 2 months

Forum Member

Next round of EMS emails sent out, I received an email today stating I am invited to come to an EMS written & skills day next month. Anyone else?

Forum Member

Sorry duplicate post, computer had a hiccup when posting.
    Last edited by ARafe; 08-19-2013 at 01:10 PM.

Forum Member

Hi Brian2013, Just wondering did you test in 2010? Also were you included in the mass email sent out at the beginning of last month (July) advising that even though they were accepting applications they would be conducting concurrent recruitments. Im trying to get a basis on timeline/# of people in process, the mass email had list of approx. 120 names, and timeline has been pushed back numerous times now.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARafe View Post
    Hi Brian2013, Just wondering did you test in 2010? Also were you included in the mass email sent out at the beginning of last month (July) advising that even though they were accepting applications they would be conducting concurrent recruitments. Im trying to get a basis on timeline/# of people in process, the mass email had list of approx. 120 names, and timeline has been pushed back numerous times now.
    I receive a email last month (July), inviting me to attend a EMS written and skills portion. This was from the lost that was established in 2010. They told us they needed to hire 40 ASAP due to retirements and that the next academy is going to be held in Oct. I dont know if that means everyone from my group will be through backgrounds by Oct, but from the sounds of it they are at least going to start some people through the process.

Forum Member

duplicate post, deleted
    Last edited by brian2013; 10-11-2013 at 06:01 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by brian2013 View Post
    I receive a email last month (July), inviting me to attend a EMS written and skills portion. This was from the lost that was established in 2010. They told us they needed to hire 40 ASAP due to retirements and that the next academy is going to be held in Oct. I dont know if that means everyone from my group will be through backgrounds by Oct, but from the sounds of it they are at least going to start some people through the process.
    Thats whats kind of frustrating, I took my EMT skills in Feb, Interview in April, and still am waiting, besides filling out a background questionnaire I have had no contact from backgrounds, seems to be running out of time for Oct. start.

Forum Member

Thats whats kind of frustrating, I took my EMT skills in Feb, Interview in April, and still am waiting, besides filling out a background questionnaire I have had no contact from backgrounds, seems to be running out of time for Oct. start.

Forum Member

Have you filled out the full packet yet? what did they tell you the process was going to look like when you did your questionnaire ? They mentioned last week that they had a bunch of Police candidates going through backgrounds, and that they had to push them through before finished FD. So hopefully everything starts back up soon. Best of luck to you

Forum Member

Have you filled out the full packet yet? what did they tell you the process was going to look like when you did your questionnaire ? They mentioned last week that they had a bunch of Police candidates going through backgrounds, and that they had to push them through before finished FD. So hopefully everything starts back up soon. Best of luck to you
    Yeah my personal history packet has been turned in and I had my questionnaire back in mid April, at that point we were being told that they were trying to get people done for July. That was later pushed back to Oct. , and now being told if the Oct deadline is not met that it would be May of next year... ugh. Thanks for the info you shared, helps piece together whats going on and helps my sanity alittle with all the waiting.

Forum Member

Yeah my personal history packet has been turned in and I had my questionnaire back in mid April, at that point we were being told that they were trying to get people done for July. That was later pushed back to Oct. , and now being told if the Oct deadline is not met that it would be May of next year... ugh. Thanks for the info you shared, helps piece together whats going on and helps my sanity alittle with all the waiting.
    Dont stress, everything will happen when it is meant to be! These processes are very time consuming. Look at the positive, at least you are still in the process! Look at all the people that are going to be taking the written next month, think about what they would be willing to do to be in our shoes! Only time will tell what will happen. Just live day by day, keep your head down and your nose clean! Best of Luck

Thread Information