Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Forum Member

Most of the gloves I have been issued, no make that all of them, have been like trying to work with mittens on. Have to take them off to do most things. My experience with the Pro-Tech glove has been that they were far superior. I have never had a problem with the Pro-Tech 8's or the Titans that I have owned. I love the way they feel.
    Stephen J Bourassa
    Latham FD (NY)
    member since 1969
    challenge competitor since 1993

Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Quote Originally Posted by Chenzo View Post
    Have you had better luck with the new Pro-Techs vs the old ones? I just can't get over seeing some of the old ones all cut to hell and burned up to feel comfortable using them. Any heat related issues with them? Hands getting burned or incredibly hot?
    The first pair of ProTechs I owned the liner pulled out of them and ProTech replaced them for free. That pair within a short period of time had a cut right through the leather into the inner lining. ProTech also replaced those for free. I had a very long discussion with Andy from ProTech and I became a product tester for them. The ProTech 8 Titan is head and shoulders above those first generation gloves. I abuse the crap out of my gear as a fire training instructor and they have held up great there and in front line use on my career FD. I received a pair of the Fusion gloves to test and I think they are even better. Again I have used them in training fires and for extrication training too and they are light, comfortable, and so far have offered fantastic protection against heat and cuts.

I realize people will look at my posting on these gloves with a jaundiced eye because I am a product tester. I am not paid to test their products and the only thing I get out of it is the gloves to use. Believe me, and Andy knows this too, if I thought the product was sub par he would know it and so would you!
    “The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing, is nothing, and becomes nothing. He may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he simply cannot learn and feel and change and grow and love and live.” Leo F. Buscaglia

This place gets weirder and weirder every day...

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Believe me, and Andy knows this too, if I thought the product was sub par he would know it and so would you!
    I know, but I hadn't heard anything good, bad, or indifferent from you, so that's why I asked.

Default protech 8 titan k

I bought my first pair of titan k. I am a fire explorer and I used them three times, one in just a search trainging, one in fire sprinkler training and used them in a bomb fire. When i was using them they started getting smaller and now i can't even fit my hand in them. Any ideas of why that happened?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fireish14 View Post
    I bought my first pair of titan k. I am a fire explorer and I used them three times, one in just a search trainging, one in fire sprinkler training and used them in a bomb fire. When i was using them they started getting smaller and now i can't even fit my hand in them. Any ideas of why that happened?
    I have the same problem, my L were perfect after break in and after a bit of use now they feel too small in almost every way, especially lengthwise in the fingers. My guess is it's due to the leather, I'm just curious if I would be safe with a L if I go wth a pair of Fusion.

I've heard nothing bad about the Titans. I agree, and hear a lot of the same as the others... great dexterity and protection. For the price, I don't think you can go wrong.
    TruckCommittee.com

Thread Information