Forum Member

Default Pro-Tech 8 Titan K or Fusion???

Please let me know what yall think?

Thanks in advance!

Forum Member

Before someone comes in and tells you to search;
    I have tried on both the titans and fusions, never used On Da Job, but only tried them on for a minute or two and the Titans (IMO) have more dexterity and feel better. I'm actually going to order a pair now that The Fire Store has free shipping for a few days

Forum Member

Wish I knew about the free shipping. I got a pair of Titan K last week, didn't like the fit/feel at first but a day or so of putting them on, stretching out my fingers, beating them around, taking them off and play-fighting my Corgi with them they feel great and broke in to be really comfortable.

Haven't used them yet at work, but as far as fit they're good, finish though seems inconsistent glove to glove, otherwise I look forward to using them.

BTW have not used or seem the Fusion, so sorry I can't give a comparison.

Forum Member

Titan.....
    HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

MembersZone Subscriber

Whatever my department issues to me.

Couldn't resist.
    Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

MembersZone Subscriber

I have used all of the protech gloves and am very happy with them all. The protech 8's were great loved those gloves too bad they don't make them anymore or thats all i would be wearing. I like the titan and titan k's both great gloves. The only complaint would be they are hard to get on and off when wet. Now I have been using the fusion's since they came out and am very happy with them. They may seem like the are a little more bulky at first but they break in nice and i don't have any issues with them at all. And the good thing is you can almost get two pairs of them for the price of the Titan k's. I also have a pair of the blaze fighters and they are very good gloves as well. I have never worn protechs X glove if anyone else has use them let me know what you think. Also I was wondering if the super glove is worth the hype?

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Wink And.............

Gloves are for Sissies.......
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

You tell 'em Harve...
    HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

MembersZone Subscriber

So are hoods.....

Forum Member

Well I went and ahead and bought the Titan K's will let you guys know what I think, Thanks for the replies!

Forum Member

I like the Shelby brand of gloves.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

MembersZone Subscriber

Cut a pair of these gloves open and look at the liner, then decide if these are the gloves you want protecting your hands.

Forum Member

I'm a big fan of the Dragon Fire Alpha X. Comfortable, good dexterity, and I feel they offer more protection than the Pro-Tech's.

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

I have both the Protech 8 Titan and Fusion, I have used them both is actual fire incidents and live fire training. They have both served me well. I do like the fit and feel of the Fusions better, especially donning and doffing when wet.

I also own the gloves Chenzo mentioned the Dragon Fire Alpha X and they are a fine glove too. I have used them in training fires and they too have served me well.

Gloves are a very personal thing. You need to find a pair of gloves that fit you well, offer some durability, and of course the protection you need.

Good luck if you don't have the size of hand, or length of fingers, that all glove manufacturers have decided are "Normal."
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    I have both the Protech 8 Titan and Fusion, I have used them both is actual fire incidents and live fire training. They have both served me well. I do like the fit and feel of the Fusions better, especially donning and doffing when wet.

I also own the gloves Chenzo mentioned the Dragon Fire Alpha X and they are a fine glove too. I have used them in training fires and they too have served me well.

Gloves are a very personal thing. You need to find a pair of gloves that fit you well, offer some durability, and of course the protection you need.

Good luck if you don't have the size of hand, or length of fingers, that all glove manufacturers have decided are "Normal."
    Have you had better luck with the new Pro-Techs vs the old ones? I just can't get over seeing some of the old ones all cut to hell and burned up to feel comfortable using them. Any heat related issues with them? Hands getting burned or incredibly hot?

Forum Member

I like gardening gloves.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rolo Tomasi View Post
    Cut a pair of these gloves open and look at the liner, then decide if these are the gloves you want protecting your hands.
    Which gloves are you talking about?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by gb1k View Post
    Which gloves are you talking about?
    My guess is the Pro-Tech's in general. I don't know if you had or have seen any of the first gen Pro-Tech 8's, but they were simply awful.

That being said, it sounds like the later models have seen vast improvement over the earlier ones. I'm not sure, I haven't seen the newer ones yet.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Chenzo View Post
    My guess is the Pro-Tech's in general. I don't know if you had or have seen any of the first gen Pro-Tech 8's, but they were simply awful.

That being said, it sounds like the later models have seen vast improvement over the earlier ones. I'm not sure, I haven't seen the newer ones yet.
    Weird I was in a lot of fire's with the original Pro-tech's and never got burned. Now in the last couple years I have been in a hundred or more fire's with my Titan's and the last few months fusions and haven't had a problem yet.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by giweff View Post
    Weird I was in a lot of fire's with the original Pro-tech's and never got burned. Now in the last couple years I have been in a hundred or more fire's with my Titan's and the last few months fusions and haven't had a problem yet.
    I saw some wickedly trashed Pro-techs from the first model. And I heard a couple stories of peoples hands getting burned. But if you had luck with them that's good. I went with the DragonFire's because I felt they offered better protection with the same amount of dexterity.

It boils down to what Fyred said though,

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp

Forum Member

Most of the gloves I have been issued, no make that all of them, have been like trying to work with mittens on. Have to take them off to do most things. My experience with the Pro-Tech glove has been that they were far superior. I have never had a problem with the Pro-Tech 8's or the Titans that I have owned. I love the way they feel.
    Stephen J Bourassa
    Latham FD (NY)
    member since 1969
    challenge competitor since 1993

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Quote Originally Posted by Chenzo View Post
    Have you had better luck with the new Pro-Techs vs the old ones? I just can't get over seeing some of the old ones all cut to hell and burned up to feel comfortable using them. Any heat related issues with them? Hands getting burned or incredibly hot?
    The first pair of ProTechs I owned the liner pulled out of them and ProTech replaced them for free. That pair within a short period of time had a cut right through the leather into the inner lining. ProTech also replaced those for free. I had a very long discussion with Andy from ProTech and I became a product tester for them. The ProTech 8 Titan is head and shoulders above those first generation gloves. I abuse the crap out of my gear as a fire training instructor and they have held up great there and in front line use on my career FD. I received a pair of the Fusion gloves to test and I think they are even better. Again I have used them in training fires and for extrication training too and they are light, comfortable, and so far have offered fantastic protection against heat and cuts.

I realize people will look at my posting on these gloves with a jaundiced eye because I am a product tester. I am not paid to test their products and the only thing I get out of it is the gloves to use. Believe me, and Andy knows this too, if I thought the product was sub par he would know it and so would you!
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Believe me, and Andy knows this too, if I thought the product was sub par he would know it and so would you!
    I know, but I hadn't heard anything good, bad, or indifferent from you, so that's why I asked.

Default protech 8 titan k

I bought my first pair of titan k. I am a fire explorer and I used them three times, one in just a search trainging, one in fire sprinkler training and used them in a bomb fire. When i was using them they started getting smaller and now i can't even fit my hand in them. Any ideas of why that happened?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fireish14 View Post
    I bought my first pair of titan k. I am a fire explorer and I used them three times, one in just a search trainging, one in fire sprinkler training and used them in a bomb fire. When i was using them they started getting smaller and now i can't even fit my hand in them. Any ideas of why that happened?
    I have the same problem, my L were perfect after break in and after a bit of use now they feel too small in almost every way, especially lengthwise in the fingers. My guess is it's due to the leather, I'm just curious if I would be safe with a L if I go wth a pair of Fusion.

Thread Information