Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Boca Raton Fire Department Hiring

Thanks guys. already had the website and union info but appreciate the effort.
    Last edited by jwgonz; 11-26-2010 at 11:20 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwgonz View Post
    Hello everyone,

Do any of you work for the Boca Raton Fire Department or know someone that does who I may be able to get in touch with?
    I am about to apply and I would like to know more information about the department that they don't have an the website.
    If any of you have any info let me know. Thanks all.

John
    jwgonz@gmail.com
    Someone didn't do their research!

They have quite a comprehensive website
    http://www.ci.boca-raton.fl.us/fire/

And their union site
    http://www.bocaratonfirefighters.org/

MembersZone Subscriber

Heres your info.... GOOD LUCK!!! You're gonna need it!!!!

Forum Member

Good luck to anyone who's trying to get hired.
    Last edited by jwgonz; 11-26-2010 at 11:21 AM.

Forum Member

I've worked in Palm Beach County for 10 years and here is what I know of Boca: very structured and military like, guys have always been snobby to other firefighters, pay and benefits are good, their eating up the County's area, nice equipment and hard core on EMS.
    If your going to cry about doing the job you signed up for do us all a favor and quit, there are plenty of dedicated people standing in line for the best job in the world.

Firefighter/Paramedic

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Firemedic 61 View Post
    I've worked in Palm Beach County for 10 years and here is what I know of Boca: very structured and military like, guys have always been snobby to other firefighters, pay and benefits are good, their eating up the County's area, nice equipment and hard core on EMS.
    Snobby? LOL, seriously what in the WORLD could they have to stick their noses up about? Other than a sweet a schedule? I hope it's not their clown show fire tactics that I've seen when they train! Seeing kids who have never taken a window before? wowww.....

Forum Member

Brother and sister firefighters, no fire department as a roster of perfect employees. Regardless of what anyone may think or have observed in their few short moments with Boca Fire, it's a great place with good people. We aren't perfect and I guarantee you aren't either, I encourage all applicants. This is an awesome place, and anyone who tells you otherwise is misinformed, I truly do LOVE this FD. Snobby, or Unskilled, or Whatever else your "brothers" may say to you, we strive to be better at everything we do. Good Luck, and remember why you're getting into the Fire Service.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by VESmedic View Post
    Snobby? LOL, seriously what in the WORLD could they have to stick their noses up about? Other than a sweet a schedule? I hope it's not their clown show fire tactics that I've seen when they train! Seeing kids who have never taken a window before? wowww.....
    Ahhh ... bring back bad memories of the state test ... "sir yes sir" ... "clearing glass away and down. Clearing glass down and away"

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by owenscott View Post
    Ahhh ... bring back bad memories of the state test ... "sir yes sir" ... "clearing glass away and down. Clearing glass down and away"
    Haha aint that the truth!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JVbrfd View Post
    Brother and sister firefighters, no fire department as a roster of perfect employees. Regardless of what anyone may think or have observed in their few short moments with Boca Fire, it's a great place with good people. We aren't perfect and I guarantee you aren't either, I encourage all applicants. This is an awesome place, and anyone who tells you otherwise is misinformed, I truly do LOVE this FD. Snobby, or Unskilled, or Whatever else your "brothers" may say to you, we strive to be better at everything we do. Good Luck, and remember why you're getting into the Fire Service.
    Guess I should thank you for picking up one of our biggest morons. I just wish we could give you some more.
    If your going to cry about doing the job you signed up for do us all a favor and quit, there are plenty of dedicated people standing in line for the best job in the world.

Firefighter/Paramedic

Forum Member

Content Deleted
    Last edited by Osirus466; 04-06-2011 at 05:45 PM.

Thread Information