1. #1
    Forum Member
    RS1606's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    221

    Default My last stupied question.

    in the month of april, I have an interview with the department that i'm an explorer with for a full time job.
    for the interview, should i wear my explorer class A uniform? i would love some in put on this.
    thanks every one and God bless
    Firefighters need not fear fire, but give it all their respect.

  2. #2
    Forum Member
    JayDudley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    1,273

    Thumbs up Dress

    No.....wear a suit like everyone else. Your participation in the Explorer program with your department will come out in the interview. I'm sure most will agree.

    Good Luck!!
    Respectfully,
    Jay Dudley
    Retired Fire
    Background Investigator
    IACOJ-Member
    Lifetime Member CSFA
    IAFF Alumni Member

  3. #3
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,952

    Default

    Agree. Agree

  4. #4
    Forum Member
    FWDbuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Pee-Ayy!
    Posts
    7,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RS1606 View Post
    in the month of april, I have an interview with the department that i'm an explorer with for a full time job.
    for the interview, should i wear my explorer class A uniform? i would love some in put on this.
    thanks every one and God bless
    Have I steered you wrong yet? Wear a suit, son. Dont have one? Get Mom to take you for one, or borrow one from one of your buddies. GOOD LUCK.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

  5. #5
    Forum Member
    PaladinKnight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,413

    Default

    And Please....

    Learn to spell


    STUPID...
    HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

  6. #6
    Forum Member
    CaptOldTimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 1999
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinKnight View Post
    And Please....

    Learn to spell


    STUPID...
    Plus you need to learn proper grammer son. You lack most of everything.

    When you interview be sure to tell them how smart you are and write opinions in these forums.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

    Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

  7. #7
    Forum Member
    PaladinKnight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    Plus you need to learn proper grammer son. You lack most of everything.

    When you interview be sure to tell them how smart you are and write opinions in these forums.
    You mean... Stupified???


    Wear a suit kid... sit up straight, answer the questions directly, don't tell any jokes, and be sure to laugh at theirs...
    HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

  8. #8
    Forum Member
    FWDbuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Pee-Ayy!
    Posts
    7,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    Plus you need to learn proper grammer son. You lack most of everything.

    When you interview be sure to tell them how smart you are and write opinions in these forums.
    Some of you may not know that he was quite humbled by our verbal azz-kickings last summer. He and I have communicated through private messages several times, and it appears that he used the advice that we all hammered at him to heart, and has grown up a bit. Don't be too hard on him. And yes, he still needs help with his writing skills.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

  9. #9
    Forum Member
    CaptOldTimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 1999
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Some of you may not know that he was quite humbled by our verbal azz-kickings last summer. He and I have communicated through private messages several times, and it appears that he used the advice that we all hammered at him to heart, and has grown up a bit. Don't be too hard on him. And yes, he still needs help with his writing skills.
    If YOU have been spoon feeding him, maybe he will be OK and get by the interviews. At least he will be getting one, as some don't make it to the table. I hope that he will present himself in a good manner and none of the kid stuff.
    Last edited by CaptOldTimer; 11-23-2010 at 03:55 PM.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

    Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

  10. #10
    Forum Member
    FWDbuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Pee-Ayy!
    Posts
    7,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    If have been spoon feeding him, maybe he will be OK and get by the interviews. At least he will be getting one, as some don't make it to the table. I hope that he will present himself in a good manner and none of the kid stuff.
    By all means, keep roasting him on the spit about his writing....
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

  11. #11
    Forum Member
    PaladinKnight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Some of you may not know that he was quite humbled by our verbal azz-kickings last summer. He and I have communicated through private messages several times, and it appears that he used the advice that we all hammered at him to heart, and has grown up a bit. Don't be too hard on him. And yes, he still needs help with his writing skills.
    Humble is a good thing...

    Everytime I realize that I can't do the things I did when I was 25, I am humbled.

    I ticked about it... but I am humble...
    HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

  12. #12
    Forum Member
    FireRescueLupo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    178

    Default

    Agree completely on the suit, but one thing I always wondered that maybe some of you fellers that have been doing interviews or have enough experience might know, does color really matter? I am not talking bright green or red, but between black and dark blue, will that make a difference? Solid tie or striped? Sounds silly but I hear from people you have to wear dark blue suit with solid colored tie.

  13. #13
    Forum Member
    PaladinKnight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,413

    Default

    Dress conservative. If you dress to flashy... it makes a bad impression. No loud ties...
    HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

  14. #14
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    HOLLY SPRINGS NC
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinKnight View Post
    Dress conservative. If you dress to flashy... it makes a bad impression. No loud ties...
    definately no loud ties, but it should be "bold" make a statement like a red or blue tie with a design that isnt to flashy.

    and i doubt this will be your last stupid question ;p

  15. #15
    Forum Member
    Jonnee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ridebmxnc View Post
    definately no loud ties, but it should be "bold" make a statement like a red or blue tie with a design that isnt to flashy.

    and i doubt this will be your last stupid question ;p


    Take a bath before you get dressed.

    Be sure to wear shoes too!

  16. #16
    Forum Member
    FWDbuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Pee-Ayy!
    Posts
    7,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnee View Post
    Take a bath before you get dressed.

    Be sure to wear shoes too!
    And clean underwear, too.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

  17. #17
    Forum Member
    PaladinKnight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,413

    Default

    Don't forget to do something about that bad breath...
    HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

  18. #18
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Get a haircut, shave off any scraggly hair...cover any tattoos, shower and wear a mild aftershave. Wear a nice suit, and dress shoes. Don't shuffle in, walk, sit, don't cross your legs. Sit up straight, be attentive. Think about answers. These people already know you from the explorer group. Stress your learning there, and don't mumble...smile. Be enthusiastic...but also, don't be ****y...you'll do fine..

  19. #19
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RS1606 View Post
    in the month of april, I have an interview with the department that i'm an explorer with for a full time job.
    for the interview, should i wear my explorer class A uniform? i would love some in put on this.
    thanks every one and God bless
    Nah, you don't want to seem to buffy. Just make sure they know that you are a jr.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Chiefs Interview
    By ccesena in forum Career Advancement
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-24-2011, 06:47 PM
  2. Truck Replacement Question
    By Ranburne in forum Federal FIRE ACT Grants & Funding
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-29-2010, 02:13 PM
  3. Multi Part Rescue-Pumper question
    By mohican in forum Apparatus Innovation
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 08-22-2007, 03:47 PM
  4. This is Sort of a Serious, Sort of Not Quite So Serious Question
    By MalahatTwo7 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-20-2007, 11:39 PM
  5. FCC question
    By ADSNWFLD in forum Emergency Services Dispatcher
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-26-2004, 04:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register