Forum Member

Default We are one big family

I really want to help out my Capt. and his cousins 4yr old son who was diagnosed with brain cancer! Please read the story attached, he emailed this to me over the weekend. I am doing what ever i can to help him out in collecting different department patches from all over to create a care package! I know he would appreciate this more than anything.
    Lets see what this huge family can do!

Any other questions please message me.

Thanks!

Jerry Caskey November 19 at 5:53pm Report
    I am reaching out to as many of my fire department friends as I can for a little help. This past summer my cousin's 4-year old son, Fischer Hansen, was diagnosed with brain cancer.

His story can be read on www.fischerhansen.org

This little boy LOVES the fire service and really wants to be a firefighter when he grows up. His whole bedroom is done up in fire department stuff and I would like to help him out a little bit.

I am putting a "care package" together to send to him and I am collecting fire department patches from as many fire departments as I can.

If you would, please do two things for me. One, please send me a patch from your fire department that I can include in my care package. Number two, please forward this email to as many of your fire department friends as you can.

Thank you so much!!

Patches can be sent to:
    Captain Jerry Caskey
    PO Box 15576
    Loves Park, Illinois 61132

Home :: fischerhansen.org
    www.fischerhansen.org
    Our Wish for Fisch Is a Long, Healthy, Happy Life. Please support Fischer Hansen's brave fight with cancer.

Forum Member

I see if I can find one around the house and send it on it's merry way.

Forum Member

No offense, but.....

In the past, there have been several suspect stories posted here in the forums requesting patches for children. It is a tactic that some less than honest patch collectors have used to their advantage. You will hopefully understand why I am questioning this one also- your address is in Illinois, when a church in Wi. is collecting for the family.

I'll send a patch to the lad through the church.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    No offense, but.....

In the past, there have been several suspect stories posted here in the forums requesting patches for children. It is a tactic that some less than honest patch collectors have used to their advantage. You will hopefully understand why I am questioning this one also- your address is in Illinois, when a church in Wi. is collecting for the family.

I'll send a patch to the lad through the church.
    Thats cool if you think that, he is my captains, cousins son. I have also never looked into anything about getting patches, I just figured that his would be an appropriate place to post it. All I am trying to do is help out.

Forum Member

The count is up to over 100, going to continue collecting patches until Christmas then sending them in as a gift to little Fischer. We have received a lot of patches, stickers, hats and shirts. He is going to love this surprise!

Thanks, all help is greatly appreciated!

Forum Member

Up to 136 patches right now + all the hats and t-shirts that have been received. We have decided to make a trip to Wisconsin to see Fischer and give him his care package in person, instead of mailing it to him. We are not sure if it will be right before or right after Christmas.

Keep them coming in!

Thread Information