Forum Member

Default Will it be hard for me to become a Firefighter?

It wouldn't be in a huge city, probably just a decent sized town. I would probably either be working in West Virginia or Ohio.
    I would have a Bachelors degree in fire science ( I think, or Creative Writing) and be in excellent physical shape. No criminal record at all, but I don't have any family members that are cops or firefighters. Would it be hard for me to get hired? I've heard everywhere you go there are over a thousand applicants, and that gets me a little nervous lol. Thanks!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Cortezz View Post
    It wouldn't be in a huge city, probably just a decent sized town. I would probably either be working in West Virginia or Ohio.
    I would have a Bachelors degree in fire science ( I think, or Creative Writing) and be in excellent physical shape. No criminal record at all, but I don't have any family members that are cops or firefighters. Would it be hard for me to get hired? I've heard everywhere you go there are over a thousand applicants, and that gets me a little nervous lol. Thanks!
    Might as well give it a try! Never know unless you do it.

Forum Member

Find out what those states require if anything to get hired

And get it especially emt Paramedic preferred

Then apply apply apply and if you are willing to relocate to other states take a look at thier requirements Siunds like you are a good candidate

Maybe get on a volunteer dept if you can to give you an idea of what you are getting into

MembersZone Subscriber

If you don't even bother to test because you think too many people are already testing it will be damn near impossible.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Cortezz View Post

Yes it will in Ohio and West Virginia.

Go south and try in Virginia, North Carolina.

Some places take in account the BS degree and some don't give a mouses butt what you have had. It is what you can put on the paper in front of you, your work background, credit history and police and driving history.

They don't if mama, daddy of sister has ever ben on the job. It is you that is competing for a job.

You can figure from 500 to 10,000 applications are put on depending on where the FD is.

Thread Information