MembersZone Subscriber

Default Just Applied with SP and KBR

I just applied with SallyPort and KBR. How long does it usually take to hear back, Whats the pay like and any other information anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

Forum Member

Don't hold your breath, I applied in August. When I found out they had the contract.
    Stay Safe
    Dan Ortiz

Forum Member

Yep...just take a deep breath and wait....til at least January I hear. I finally got someone who would answer the all important "how long til you are hiring question". I was told there holding off any logcap hiring at this time until the current personnel needs are assessed....basically they have too many, or at least enough for now. They will re-assess needs after the beginning of the year depending on contract reissue to current personnel. Other then 2 on here I have seen, not many are being deployed and I am not sure how they are picking who they hire.

But I have been wrong before...Good Luck!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FLFIRE1975 View Post
    Yep...just take a deep breath and wait....til at least January I hear. I finally got someone who would answer the all important "how long til you are hiring question". I was told there holding off any logcap hiring at this time until the current personnel needs are assessed....basically they have too many, or at least enough for now. They will re-assess needs after the beginning of the year depending on contract reissue to current personnel. Other then 2 on here I have seen, not many are being deployed and I am not sure how they are picking who they hire.

But I have been wrong before...Good Luck!

which company is on hold kbr or sallyport i heard that too that theres too many
    firefighters there now i know they are deploying some dec 6thand 13th im probaly the last group for awhile

Forum Member

Default Sallyport

I heard from my friend in Iraq that things aren't so good with Sallyport right now. More guys stayed on than expected durring the WSI/Sallyport switch. The guys who go home for there 2 week R&R's that don't have ARFF are not being allowed to come back. He also said they are pushing the guys that are over there that DO have ARFF to also get ARFF Driver Operator and Mobil Water Supply. He said the Crew Chiefs are not affected but some firefighters are sometimes getting up to 4 days off a week. That brings your paycheck down alot. Originally they were told they were gonna be paid 24/7. Alot of guys are looking for jobs back home.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 50 View Post
    I heard from my friend in Iraq that things aren't so good with Sallyport right now. More guys stayed on than expected durring the WSI/Sallyport switch. The guys who go home for there 2 week R&R's that don't have ARFF are not being allowed to come back. He also said they are pushing the guys that are over there that DO have ARFF to also get ARFF Driver Operator and Mobil Water Supply. He said the Crew Chiefs are not affected but some firefighters are sometimes getting up to 4 days off a week. That brings your paycheck down alot. Originally they were told they were gonna be paid 24/7. Alot of guys are looking for jobs back home.

but cant sallyport teach those classes so they can keep people but wait a minute that would make sense boy i would love to get those certs too that could help me later that means they need people if people are going home they just gotta get the bugs worked out lol wsi ways were a joke sometimes lol i still wanna go i heard the checks were about 4600 every 2 weeks a lot of bases had too many people i heard alot of folks are demobing cuz of that im still deploying dec 13 as of today

Thread Information