Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Written Test Question

Hey guys I have been reading tons of threads on here and to say the least there is a lot of experience and knowledge on this board. Any way, I am preparing for Sacramento's written test, which i've heard is a CPS test, and I was wondering if they give you formulas for the math and mechanical advantage sections or is it something I should start memorizing. Im pretty strong in math but all the mechanical formulas are pretty foreign. I am yet to take a CPS test so that is the reason I am asking. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Forum Member

I know the CPS has a few versions and have only taken it once. If they offer a study guide your best bet is to pick it up. The one I got was $5 with the app and gives you an idea of what to study. There is nothing given to you formula wise for math or mechanical reasoning. To be honest it was one of the more challenging tests I have taken as well as I have heard that from alot of fellow testers. Most people's first attempts were in the low 80s...second attempts were high 80s. There are plenty of good FF study guides that give you alot of the basic knowledge you will need for these tests. Good luck!

Forum Member

Thanks for the reply. We'll see how it goes. I took my first cps test with bakersfield, ca a while back and to say the least I wasn't prepared for that test. I didn't prepare for that test and as a result I was about 70% done when time was up. Im hoping this goes better.

Btw, how do I take my email address off of my user name? Or is that a mistake I made when setting up my account?

Quote Originally Posted by mattmiller884@hotmail.com View Post
    Thanks for the reply. We'll see how it goes. I took my first cps test with bakersfield, ca a while back and to say the least I wasn't prepared for that test. I didn't prepare for that test and as a result I was about 70% done when time was up. Im hoping this goes better.

Btw, how do I take my email address off of my user name? Or is that a mistake I made when setting up my account?

Go to the main fourm page or this page. Look at the bottom. "Contact Us". Open that and ask them to change it to what you want or would like for it to be.

Look at the members list and be sure the new name isn't taken...
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Thread Information