1. #1
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Posts
    24

    Default Used Pumper For Sale

    Hi My Department has a 1993 Ferrara Commercial Cab Pumper for sale. The truck has a top mount 1250 hale pump with a 1000 gallon tank. We can sale directly to another Fire Department (government agency) without having to go through the bid process. The truck will come with a some equipment such as ladders. I have attached a photo of the truck if anyone is interested. We are looking to get $37k out of it. Email me at Chip@forresteoc.com
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  2. #2
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Alum Bank, PA
    Posts
    580

    Default

    If anyone is interested, we are parting out a 1988 Pierce arrow with an enclosed 7 man cab. Cab is in really good condition. Email me imafireman@yahoo.com for more information

  3. #3
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Posts
    24

    Default still for sale

    Quote Originally Posted by FireCoordinator View Post
    Hi My Department has a 1993 Ferrara Commercial Cab Pumper for sale. The truck has a top mount 1250 hale pump with a 1000 gallon tank. We can sale directly to another Fire Department (government agency) without having to go through the bid process. The truck will come with a some equipment such as ladders. I have attached a photo of the truck if anyone is interested. We are looking to get $37k out of it. Email me at Chip@forresteoc.com
    We still have this truck for sale and really need to move it before our new truck arrives. Does anyone know any other forums I can post this on. I can't really put it up for sale with firetec or any company like that because it belongs to the county and we must sale to another government agency or either go through the bid process. Don't want to go through all that, just want some other department to be able to buy a good truck for a good price and us to have a little money to put towards the purchase of our new one. Any help will be appreciated

  4. #4
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    441

    Default

    Put it on govdeals.com will be sold for market value as soon as you want it to be. Be prepared to learn that the market value for that Ferrara is substantially less than how you value it.

  5. #5
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fireinfo10 View Post
    Put it on govdeals.com will be sold for market value as soon as you want it to be. Be prepared to learn that the market value for that Ferrara is substantially less than how you value it.
    I have heard about this site. One of my neighboring counties just sold a truck on the site and done very well. Guess that will be my next step.
    Thanks

  6. #6
    Forum Member
    Bones42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Pt. Beach, NJ
    Posts
    10,702

    Default

    We did well with our sale on govdeals as well.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

  7. #7
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Posts
    24

    Default Truck still available

    This truck is still available. I know some department out there needs this truck. Make us a reasonable offer on it. I have a firetruck company wanting to buy the truck but really don't want to go through the bid process. I would rather sell it to another fire department.

  8. #8
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    441

    Default

    Don't buy a Ferrara next time?

  9. #9
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fireinfo10 View Post
    Don't buy a Ferrara next time?
    Never had a problem with Ferrara. Have one ordered from them now and will continue to buy from them.

  10. #10
    Forum Member
    DeputyChiefGonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Somewhere between genius and insanity!
    Posts
    13,586

    Default

    Why didn't you trade it in?
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

  11. #11
    Forum Member
    Bones42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Pt. Beach, NJ
    Posts
    10,702

    Default

    After this amount of time, if you are really interested in getting rid of the truck...govdeals (or similar) is the way to go.

    Your hesitation to do that and offering your own suggested price shows that you value the truck more than others and you really aren't that interested in getting rid of it. Good Luck.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

  12. #12
    MembersZone Subscriber
    LVFD301's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,025

    Default

    I have departments that need a truck desperately, including the one next to me. While operating on a yearly budget of 6k, they can't even afford the 5% match on an AFG grant.

    You sell it to them for 1k and I will donate the 1k to them to purchase it....

  13. #13
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bossier Parrish, Louisiana
    Posts
    10,676

    Default

    I don't know if this is the case in MS, but here in LA you will not get full credit for an engine over 15 years old unless it is classified as a reserve.

    May be part of the problem.

    Ferrera commercial apparatus are quite popular in that part of the world and have a solid reputation.

  14. #14
    Forum Member
    islandfire03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,661

    Talking

    it's not that Ferrara makes a bad truck, It's just not worth what the OP seems to think it's worth.

    Real numbers are on the short side of 50% of that value, judging by whats available on the used truck market.
    I know of a similar truck that just sold for 17 k with 6,500 miles on the clock & 1250 hrs on the meter. It was manufactured by one of the big 3 builders.

  15. #15
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bossier Parrish, Louisiana
    Posts
    10,676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by islandfire03 View Post
    it's not that Ferrara makes a bad truck, It's just not worth what the OP seems to think it's worth.

    Real numbers are on the short side of 50% of that value, judging by whats available on the used truck market.
    I know of a similar truck that just sold for 17 k with 6,500 miles on the clock & 1250 hrs on the meter. It was manufactured by one of the big 3 builders.
    Price does seem a bit high.

    We sold 3 similar trucks 4-6 years ago for 27K.

  16. #16
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeputyChiefGonzo View Post
    Why didn't you trade it in?
    I wish i would have now.

    A resale truck company offered me 30k for the truck but the only problem is I have to put it out for public bid to sale it to them which I am in the process of doing now.

    Our neighboring county just sold a 1995 model made from the same specs as this 1993 for 60k. So no I do not think the 30k range is priced too high for this truck.

  17. #17
    Forum Member
    islandfire03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,661

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by FireCoordinator View Post
    I wish i would have now.

    A resale truck company offered me 30k for the truck but the only problem is I have to put it out for public bid to sale it to them which I am in the process of doing now.

    Our neighboring county just sold a 1995 model made from the same specs as this 1993 for 60k. So no I do not think the 30k range is priced too high for this truck.
    If you can get 30k for it , take it and run with a smile.
    The used market is flooded with trucks right now and they just aren't bringing in the big dollars.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Terminolgy? pumper, pumper tanker, recue pumper, Etc???
    By rezfire in forum Apparatus Innovation
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-04-2004, 03:27 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-04-2003, 02:07 PM
  3. 208-year-old pumper
    By NJFFSA16 in forum Fire Buffs' Firehouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-19-2002, 02:32 AM
  4. Civilian Fire Fatalities
    By DCFF in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 02-08-2002, 09:18 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register