Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Asst Chief

  1. #1
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    14

    Default Asst Chief

    Post Deleted
    Last edited by airforcefire520; 12-15-2010 at 01:44 PM.


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    5

    Default PM me. You can't receive any PM's from me

    I tried to PM you but you have not set up your profile correctly.

  3. #3
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Post Deleted
    Last edited by airforcefire520; 12-15-2010 at 01:44 PM.

  4. #4
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Do I have to b ex-airforce or retire aireforce to b get this job?? why? How about ex-Marine?

  5. #5
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    HOLLY SPRINGS NC
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnson1970 View Post
    How about ex-Marine?
    No such thing Devil Dog...
    Last edited by ridebmxnc; 12-15-2010 at 05:03 PM.

  6. #6
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Bossier Parish, Benton LA
    Posts
    197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnson1970 View Post
    Do I have to b ex-airforce or retire aireforce to b get this job?? why? How about ex-Marine?
    that's two different branches.
    If I were hiring some1 it would be from the USN b/c they're all firefighters.
    Don't join the military just to get a firefighting job, b/c once you get out you're still on active reserve for two years. alot can happen in two years.
    Benton Fire District Four
    Ladder One
    First Due!


    Caddo Parish Fire District 1
    Career Firefighter/Paramedic


    When things get rough, just say:
    Acabo de perder cinco minutos de su vida.

  7. #7
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Awww.wrong answer partner,15yrs service here and just to let you know,we,the marines are the trainers for ALL naval firefighters....

  8. #8
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    546

    Default

    Ah, i love how even the most innocent thread can become a branch bashing one.

    I think the OP just put AF due to the fact that they typically get the most certs that can fill that req. Pretty sure that if you have the required certs you are in.

    As for EX-Marine? I always thought it was a Former-Marine. But that's just me.

    And is it just me, or does Fireguy come off as a troll? Don't feed the bastard.

  9. #9
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    HOLLY SPRINGS NC
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnson1970 View Post
    Awww.wrong answer partner,15yrs service here and just to let you know,we,the marines are the trainers for ALL naval firefighters....

    not anymore sir... the air force runs the academy at goodfellow, and trains the firefighters for all the services.

    the navy also has their own firefighting trainers for the shipboard firefighting training they recieve in boot camp. the Marines dont have anything to do with it anymore.

  10. #10
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ridebmxnc View Post
    not anymore sir... the air force runs the academy at goodfellow, and trains the firefighters for all the services.

    the navy also has their own firefighting trainers for the shipboard firefighting training they recieve in boot camp. the Marines dont have anything to do with it anymore.
    Louis F. Garland DOD (Department of Defense) Fire Academy, located at Goodfellow Air Force Base in San Angelo Texas. The Air Force has ownership but it is a joint service ran academy. There are Army, Navy, Air Force and Marine instructors as well as civilian instructors (who are all pretty much retired military firefighters). The apprentice course as well as many advanced courses are taught there by all branches of the service. This is NOT where the Navy is taught shipboard firefighting. Just thought I'd clarify that a little bit.

  11. #11
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FIREguy2011 View Post
    that's two different branches.
    If I were hiring some1 it would be from the USN b/c they're all firefighters.
    Don't join the military just to get a firefighting job, b/c once you get out you're still on active reserve for two years. alot can happen in two years.
    It's not active reserve, it's IRR (Inactive Ready Reserves) and you'll only be called back during critical MOS shortages or of course a full mobilization. Your comment on only hiring USN Firefighters made me chuckle, thanks for the laugh.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Looking for a word that begins with M...
    By Dalmatian190 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-21-2006, 02:45 PM
  2. Asst. Chief Thomas E. Andersen
    By MikeE-631 in forum Line of Duty: In Memory Of
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-23-2002, 03:08 PM
  3. DAMN Asst. Chief (PLEASE READ)
    By FLAME5 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-16-2001, 11:14 PM
  4. Delaware Asst. Chief Dies in Exercise Flashover
    By webteam in forum Line of Duty: In Memory Of
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 05-06-2000, 10:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts