Thread: Small Boots

Forum Member

Default Small Boots

I have a new Female firefighter that I am trying to get boots for. She says she wears a size 2 or 3. We still issue normal rubber boots, but I also looked into leather for her. The smallest I can find in leather is size 5. In rubber, Servus and Ranger both make a size 4 in womens. Airboss makes a size 3 in mens.

I am personally a leather boot proponent, but the bean counters say otherwise. I plan to purchase Airboss boots as much as possible in the future, as they are a lot more like a leather boot. They fit good, and have an outsole that is more like the ones on leathers.

My question is, which of these boots is likely to be closest to her actual size? The womens 4 in a traditional rubber or the mens 3 in a more shoe like fitting rubber?

Forum Member

Talk to your local dealer

Forum Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by blaster668 View Post
    I have a new Female firefighter that I am trying to get boots for. She says she wears a size 2 or 3. We still issue normal rubber boots, but I also looked into leather for her. The smallest I can find in leather is size 5. In rubber, Servus and Ranger both make a size 4 in womens. Airboss makes a size 3 in mens.

I am personally a leather boot proponent, but the bean counters say otherwise. I plan to purchase Airboss boots as much as possible in the future, as they are a lot more like a leather boot. They fit good, and have an outsole that is more like the ones on leathers.

My question is, which of these boots is likely to be closest to her actual size? The womens 4 in a traditional rubber or the mens 3 in a more shoe like fitting rubber?
    Sent you a PM with name & contact info for Falcon Boot in Lewiston Maine. They make the globe leather boots and can custom size just about anything.

Forum Member

Thorogood will make custom size boots in leather or rubber (US built models that is).

The upcharge custom rubber boots is very large compared to price of standard rubber boots (all made on molds). The upcharge for oversize leathers is not so significant something like $60 (it's mostly sewing of sheet/leather material).

Can do custom foot size or custom lower leg size (such as fat calf/tree trunk syndrome).

Go with the leather option. Custom made rubber boots is idiotic.

Thread Information