Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Smile Fort Collins, CO. Testing spring 2011

Hi all, Poudre Fire Authority in Colorado will be testing this coming spring (2011). Please visit our website at www.poudre-fire.org and click on the employment tab for more details. This will be an excellent list to get on. We will be hiring more people in the next two years off this list then we have in probably the last decade. We also just hired 8 this week. If you have further questions after looking at our website, please email me directly sprice@poudre-fire.org

Thanks and hope to hear and see many of you this spring!

Forum Member

Thanks for the info!!! What type of written exam is used, is it a civil service type exam?

Forum Member

Last edited by ColoradoDave; 02-13-2013 at 12:56 PM.

Forum Member

Default Fort Collins, CO Testing Spring 2011

The written test is not a civil service exam. Once you apply, at the bottom of the application is a link to order the study guide. It is a fire based study guide. The questions come out of the guide verbatum. If you study the book over the course of a couple of weeks it should be a very straight forward test. It has a high pass rate. The study guide and written test are issued by a third party examiner; I believe the cost of the study guide is between $25 and $35 dollars.

Forum Member

Default ?

Poudreguy,
    I've been over the PFA website and it says the test is a PASS/FAIL. Are the tests scored and placed into different bands? or if the candidate passes the test do they move on to the first interview?
    Thanks,
    Mike

Forum Member

Poudreguy- Thanks for the information pertaining to the written exam I appreciate it. I also watched the video posted on the website and that was very informative. The second interview the oral resume is an interesting idea, I have never done an interview like that. Hopefully I can make it that far in the process

Forum Member

Kookoos1-

The test is pass/fail. However it is on a bell curve. The chiefs will determine how many move on. For example, if they want 250 people to go to the first interview, they will identify that score and that will be the cutoff. Those above that cutoff will proceed to the first interview panel. In that regard it kind of depends on how the whole group taking the written does. Hope this helps and does not confuse anyone further.

Forum Member

Poudreguy,
    That helps a lot knowing it is graded on a curve. I appreciate the info.
    Thanks
    Mike
    Last edited by kookoos1; 12-22-2010 at 11:42 PM.

Thread Information