Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Post Contract Pay - Curacao/Marshall Islands

After reading through these posts it seems that the most elusive piece of information is contract pay. Does anyone have an idea what the Curacao contract pays as well as the Marshall Islands. Just looking for a little info guys because I can't find it on these forums nor on the internet. Thanks.

Forum Member

If you are offered the job that information should be in the hiring packet.

Forum Member

What is this about a contract job in Curacao?

Forum Member

Currently, ITT has the contract. I was deployed there in 2007 with the ANG, but soon after ITT took over and now contracts out firefighters, drivers, crew chiefs, etc. I've known about it, but don't know anybody who has gone so I was curious as to the pay. I know I'd find out if or when they contacted me, but I was just wondering if anybody else had gone or known someone who went?

Forum Member

The pay is about $2,500 every two weeks. You have to pay for everything also; apartment, food, car, gas, etc. The country is not very cheap to live in. If you are looking for a high paying contract Curacao is not it. If you want a job where you don't do much at all and get to live on an island then go for it.

Forum Member

Are you there now or had you gone recently? Is $2,500 every two weeks for firefighters, drivers or crew chiefs? As far as living goes, do a lot of the guys share a place? Thanks for the feedback.

Forum Member

After bonuses and incentives (e.g. end of contract money and living/moving expense pay), the salary for firefighter is 75k. Firefighters do live with each other in some instances but plan on renting a hotel room for $75+ a night for at least a month until you find something. You can get a one bedroom bungalow type place for as low as $800/month. Tourism is the chief export of Curacao so it is expensive. ITT is a good company out there and there are good chiefs/officers out there right now. Like roughneck said though, because of living expenses, it's not a high paying contract (it is decent and fair though), but it is a fun place to work.

Forum Member

i just send an email to the address provided on thier website and it got sent back saying its not a good email. does anyone have a contact email?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by peterbound View Post
    If you are offered the job that information should be in the hiring packet.
    I'm pretty sure he was hoping to find out before that point. Helpful as always, PB.

I heard (From a guy I work with who is looking at the same contract and found the info somewhere. I'll pimp him for source and the email someone else asked for) the same $75K figure (including bonuses, etc) and that you pay for housing, etc.

MembersZone Subscriber

I see they are advertising, anyone over there care to give some info?

Forum Member

Default I will check in to that

I have several friends at ITT and I know a couple of guys who worked out there before ITT got the Contract. I will look into it over the weekend and update my website with the info on Monday. I will also post my findings here. My website has alot of the current openings for contract jobs overseas.

Thread Information