Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tank Fill valve

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by LVFD301 View Post
    Ah, I remember now. It will be interesting to see how this plays out, once again I wonder if the money will do it.

I sent Rosenbaur a message, not sure who their dealer is now over here, but sent it to corporate asking if they would be interested in bidding - 3 weeks later no reply.

I will let you know soon on this week.
    It's probably one of three. Max Fire Apparatus, Franco Fire Equipment, or Towers Fire Apparatus. We're in Max's, but I don't know how far they go your direction.

I'll share with you my experience off of here.

MembersZone Subscriber

LV - Sent you a PM

I thought it was Franco - but when I used the corporate web site dealer finder it gave me a corporate sales contact.

I even asked a company in Springfield if they were interested - you can guess who. No reply.

Thats fine of course, lots of other interest, but I was interested in seeing a Ferrara product. Guess that will not happen.

Forum Member

Is SEMO still in buisness ?
    ?

MembersZone Subscriber

I thought it was Franco - but when I used the corporate web site dealer finder it gave me a corporate sales contact.

I even asked a company in Springfield if they were interested - you can guess who. No reply.

Thats fine of course, lots of other interest, but I was interested in seeing a Ferrara product. Guess that will not happen.
    I was surprised that they became a Ferrara dealer. Only thing I can say is call them again.

MembersZone Subscriber

Depending on what you're looking at, there's several tanker builders out there. If you're wanting one with a traditional-style body, then you may still be looking at the traditional builders.

One thing a rep from one of the "big boys" in apparatus told me when we were speccing our quick-attack was that the "big boys" are good at the aerials and pumpers, but they're usually going to be higher and put less energy into the tankers and quick-attacks. The reason he told me is because they do so many of the others, it requires them to change their lines up a bit to do anything else. Made sense to me.

When we did our pumper-tanker, it was actually a fluke that we got the full pumper-style body. We were originally looking at a wetside tanker and happened to find a couple of manufacturers that could pull of the pumper body.

Some of the ones we looked at were Midwest (while I was playing around on their site a bit ago, I noticed a map that shows tankers they have out there. Ava and Theodosia both have one), SEMO, Southern, and a couple I don't remember. I know there's several good manufacturers out there that will build a quality tanker and probably do it for less than some of the bigger names.

If you make it over here, I still have several of the specs and bids filed away. They're from '05, but they should give you some kind of idea where you might be. We did stay under $200K at the time, but I don't know what emissions and all that would have done to the cost by now.

Didn't McNeill get a tanker recently?

Quote Originally Posted by slackjawedyokel View Post
    Is SEMO still in buisness ?
    They're website is still up.

MembersZone Subscriber

Catch -

Is Tower's still selling trucks? I thought they that was selling equipment only.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by rm1524 View Post
    Catch -

Is Tower's still selling trucks? I thought they that was selling equipment only.
    They are now a Rosenbauer dealer. For whatever reason, they dropped Crimson.

Quote Originally Posted by Catch22 View Post
    They are now a Rosenbauer dealer. For whatever reason, they dropped Crimson.

I went to call you this morning, only to find I can't find your number. Email enroute

MembersZone Subscriber

I went to call you this morning, only to find I can't find your number. Email enroute
    LOL, I've had the same problem before. Actually, I think I lost yours when my computer crashed a couple of months ago. I got the idea that I'd download all my contacts back into Outlook via my phone. What happened was that my phone downloaded my Outlook contacts, which was empty.

Thread Information