Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Question Reguarding My Driveing record?

I'm going through the hiring process on my local department. And dont know how long they look back on your driving record. I'm 30 now and have a speed on 4/15/10 and illegal uturn in 2009 back in 2004 a careless driving (first time on a motercycle after I got my permit) and back to 1998-2001 a das "paid fine right away" lost my DL becaeus I have to many violations with in 3 years (3 speeding 8-12 over) between 98-2001. My life is a lot differnt now becaues I believe in public safty and my actions back then were very imature. Is it worth trying to have some expunged from 99-2001 or will I be ok . I can man up to my mistakes and I think a lot smarter now. Any feedback would be great thanks )

Forum Member

Default tttt

also on my application I listed my 2 tickes in the last 5 years , also went through the emsrb backround check I passed and got my emsfr card, ff1 cert,ff2cert,emt cert

Forum Member

Well you should be fine with your driving record, however they probably won't hire you because of your spelling... JK I've known just one wreckless operation to keep someone from getting hired.

Forum Member

Default Ttt

Sorry about the spelling errors lol yea I seen that. Thanks for the input )

Sheesh!
    You can't even text speak on here well, let alone give a whole emoticon

Expunging usually won't help. Going through background investigations you will normally have to divulge everything. Your entire record speaks volumes too. At one point you even lost your driver's license due to an excessive number of tickets?

If you do make it to a background check, prepare a written letter with a reasonable explanation for each infraction and the outcome. After you've prepared the written document; have someone else proofread it for you!

Not saying it won't happen for you, and if this is the only thing you have going against you, you have a slight hurdle to take care of here.

Good luck!

Forum Member

Talking

I think you should be an English teacher.

Forum Member

depends on the dept, some have it spelled out on thier web site

as far as expunge, sometimes appplication requires all tickets ever gotten

Forum Member

Default ttt

Thanks for all the advice, and ffbam24 I will certainly prepare that for them. On there city website it does say "must pass a Dl backround check" and I assume that for insurance reasons. So I will give it my all and be very honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason55372 View Post
    Thanks for all the advice, and ffbam24 I will certainly prepare that for them. On there city website it does say "must pass a Dl backround check" and I assume that for insurance reasons. So I will give it my all and be very honest.

Never assume sparky. See the link and then you will know for sure.

http://www.aspiringfirefighters.com/...tigations.html
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

Default ttt

That link has good points, its all about being "honest" and not trying to hide anything. We are humans and we all make mistakes whether if its big or small, and even one that has not may eventually down the road. Ex: If someone asked, have you ever drove faster than the posted speed limit before? and you answer no, that is a lie becaues everybody that has had a DL has drove faster than the posted limit at one point in there life. Now if you ask someone the same question and they answer yes, and explain I have and I do pay attition to the posted speed limit and at times I may catch myself driving above, but I slow down. Than you can see there being honest and you know there decision making on driving safely is trustable vs a person with a clean record saying "oh no I never speed" Anyways my point nobodys perfect.

Thread Information