Thread: Peoria FD

Forum Member

Default Peoria FD

Just curious if anyone took the most recent Peoria exam. If so has anyone received any news on the status? I have passed written/physical and am on the alphabetical list. Anyone know if Peoria has plans of hiring folks on?

Forum Member

Peoria is still in a lot of budget trouble. They have extended their wage freeze for another 6 months and have not filled the last 10 or so spots to be vacated by attrition. That is after they eliminated 6 spots earlier this year. The city originally wanted to layoff about 18 so the last couple guy are still on the chopping block.
    If you do get a call from Peoria, I would keep in mind that the job secutiry will not be there for quite a while. Good luck.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFP1983 View Post
    Peoria is still in a lot of budget trouble. They have extended their wage freeze for another 6 months and have not filled the last 10 or so spots to be vacated by attrition. That is after they eliminated 6 spots earlier this year. The city originally wanted to layoff about 18 so the last couple guy are still on the chopping block.
    If you do get a call from Peoria, I would keep in mind that the job secutiry will not be there for quite a while. Good luck.
    Took the test several years ago for Peoria and would have taken the job if hired (talking about 10 years ago now) but reality is many depts are seeing the same issues with budgets and so forth. There is an attack on the public employee claiming we are the source of budget woes etc....as such many politicians and public have been drinking the kool-aid and agree with such BS. We're in for the long haul when it comes to hiring etc, unfortunately.
    The thoughts and opinions posted here are mine and mine alone and do not reflect the thoughts and or views of city or dept affiliation.

Forum Member

Its tough all over right now. I guess for someone trying to get hired onto the job it should come down to what you're doing now and how much you're willing to sacrafice. For example: do you have a family and a job with a steady pay check right now? Or are you young and single with few financial responsibilities?

Thread Information