Forum Member

Default NIMS I-700, I-100 & I-200 TTT - in NY

NIMS I-700, I-100 and I-200 Train the Trainer

Where: Various Locations Throughout the State, see attached PDFs for Details (Orange, Monroe, Essex, Greene, NYS Fire Academy)

Date: Various Dates, see attached PDFs for Details

Time: Various Times, see attached PDFs for details

All federal, state, local, tribal, private sector and non-governmental personnel with a direct role in emergency management and response must be NIMS and ICS trained in accordance with Homeland Security Presidential Directive #5 (HSPD #5). This includes all emergency services related disciplines such as EMS, hospitals, public health, fire service, law enforcement, public works/utilities, skilled support personnel, and other emergency management response, support and volunteer personnel. It is recommended that elected officials who will be interacting with multiple jurisdictions and agencies during an emergency incident at the minimum complete IS-700. Everyone directly involved in managing an emergency should understand the command reporting structures, common terminology and roles and responsibilities inherent in a response operation.

To assist those federal, state, local, tribal, private sector and non-governmental personnel with a direct role in emergency management and response become NIMS compliant the New York State Office of Fire Prevention and Control offers train the trainer opportunities for those that are placed in a position that requires them to ensure that their personnel are compliant with the various levels of ICS needed as identified in the New York State Implementation Strategy.

Pre-requisites: Prospective Instructors should have successfully completed ICS-100, ICS-200 and IS-700 at a minimum. ICS 200 Instructors should have successfully completed ICS-300. All prospective ICS instructors must complete the certification course to teach 700, 100 and I-200 and should have training and experience in adult education and have served as Incident Commander or in a Command staff or General staff position. Please bring with you a copy of your I-700, I-100, I-200 and I-300 certificates to the course they will be collected prior to the beginning of the course and used for your admission into the course. Those without a copy of certificates or training transcripts will not be admitted into the course.

If interested in this course please complete the attached New York State Fire Academy application and submit by the registration deadline below. Lodging and meals are available for a fee the evening prior to and day of the training for those traveling from out of the area and wishing to attend. Any OFPC staff, State Fire Instructor's or DHSES employees should document their affiliation on the application at the time of registration. Any questions please contact the State Fire Academy at the number on the application.

*****Registration deadlines vary depending on course dates, see attached PDFs for details*****
    Last edited by pasobuff; 01-06-2011 at 10:24 AM.

Thread Information