1. #26
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Memphis Tn,USA-now
    Posts
    5,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    Lakeland was a field when I live down there. The fairgounds was the place, with the Pippin!!
    Lakeland's incorporated and you can't find a place for less than $90K,the Zippin Pippin's been sold to Oshkosh Wisconsin and they jackhammered the Fairgrounds last year to put in a parking lot for tailgating Tiger football fans on game day at the Liberty Bowl.
    The Mid South Fair is held in Desoto County,Mississippi and another fair is held out at the Agricenter which is across Walnut Grove Rd from the old Penal Farm,which itself is now a natural park.
    You oughta move closer to town so you can hear the news.

  2. #27
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Memphis Tn,USA-now
    Posts
    5,436

    Default

    Glad that he did.I could just see some badge heavy cop pulling your daughter over and the consequences that would follow.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefKN View Post
    I hear all of you that hate the snobby adult bike folks... I guess.

    But remember, this was all bicycles, even my daughter's Dora the Explorer Bicycle.

    Stupid.

    FYI, this crazy politician has since retracted this legislation.

  3. #28
    Truckie
    SPFDRum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 1999
    Location
    St Paul, MN
    Posts
    2,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefKN View Post
    I hear all of you that hate the snobby adult bike folks... I guess.

    But remember, this was all bicycles, even my daughter's Dora the Explorer Bicycle.

    Stupid.

    FYI, this crazy politician has since retracted this legislation.
    A true of the extreme lack of common sense of politicians....
    Though I am not truly a bike snob, but as an avid snowmobiler, bicyclists have done a wonderful job in banning sleds from trails the vary trails they lobbied to get, develop and maintain. So while these yuppies sit home, the trails sit idle all winter long, while the bars and restaurants that depended on the snowmobilers slowly go broke. /rant off. Sorry....
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

  4. #29
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Memphis Tn,USA-now
    Posts
    5,436

    Default

    Well,in every state I've lived in,bicycles DO have to follow the same rules of the road,which I usually do.
    I grew up learning that where there is no sidewalk,you ride(and walk) against traffic so that you can see the cars with drivers who aren't watching out for you.
    In this day of cell phones,texting while driving,eating those 99 cent heart attack meals and other tasks "more important" than safely operating a 3,000+lb motor vehicle,this is a smart tactic for me because it lets me see the idjits who are too impressed with themselves to realize that I can't go any farther off road than I already have.
    It my just be a $65 wally world special but I don't like riding into ditches to avoid a collision.That sudden stop at the bottom ain't much fun.

    Quote Originally Posted by firefightinirish217 View Post
    WEll, for those that are condemning this, just remember, bicycle enthusiasts sure do insist on being treated as though they're on a vehicle that deserves equal share of the road, that is, until they have to pay to use it. If they want to be treated like a legal vehicle, then they should be registered as a vehicle. In the state of Georgia a bicycle is considered a vehicle, though not required to be registered. But hand signals are still expected to be used on the road. All I ever here out of bicyclists is how they want to be treated equally on the road, well, fine by me. Register your bike and ominus dominus, you're a legit vehicle. That's just my $0.02 worth.

  5. #30
    MembersZone Subscriber
    voyager9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Southern NJ
    Posts
    2,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SPFDRum View Post
    A true of the extreme lack of common sense of politicians....
    Though I am not truly a bike snob, but as an avid snowmobiler, bicyclists have done a wonderful job in banning sleds from trails the vary trails they lobbied to get, develop and maintain. So while these yuppies sit home, the trails sit idle all winter long, while the bars and restaurants that depended on the snowmobilers slowly go broke. /rant off. Sorry....
    The yuppies sit home. True bicyclists will break out the cross-country skis

    And I've almost been hit by snowmobiles while skiing.. many times. There is a very valid reason separate trails should be set aside for motorized and manual activities.

    And most snowmobiliers I know.. trail or no trail the Bars aint losing any business.
    So you call this your free country
    Tell me why it costs so much to live
    -3dd

  6. #31
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Memphis Tn,USA-now
    Posts
    5,436

    Default

    Some snowmachiners/motorcyclists/jetskiers et cetera,et cetera et cetera have more horsepower than they do sense.They get going faster than conditions dictate because "It's fun to go fast".

    Quote Originally Posted by voyager9 View Post
    The yuppies sit home. True bicyclists will break out the cross-country skis

    And I've almost been hit by snowmobiles while skiing.. many times. There is a very valid reason separate trails should be set aside for motorized and manual activities.

    And most snowmobiliers I know.. trail or no trail the Bars aint losing any business.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. License Plates on Fire Apparatus
    By EMT324 in forum Ohio
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12-21-2006, 07:19 PM
  2. Special License Plates for Fire/Rescue personnel
    By medicmaster in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-27-2005, 10:46 AM
  3. License Plates
    By Rescue9112002 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 11-25-2005, 08:00 PM
  4. New Kentucky License Plates
    By hfd133 in forum Kentucky
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-14-2003, 10:23 AM
  5. license plates
    By backdraft663 in forum Fire Explorer & Jr. Firefighting
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-08-2003, 11:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register