Thread: fmc bean

Forum Member

Default fmc bean

hi...i'm new to firehouse.com. im a volunteer firefighter residing in philippines. we have an old fmc fire truck that need a pump overhaul. is it still possible to download a repair/parts manual for the pump? its a fmc bean model 5ta9h serial#10fc8 thanks

Forum Member

That's a tough one. Can somebody remind me of the chain of merger for the FMC company? Wikipedia says they tried to expand into aerials but flopped & shut down in 1990, but I was thinking they got gobbled up by Grumman, which got gobbled by KME. I can't remember.

Check www.moosefirepumpservice.com --they say they service FMC pumps, so they might have access to manuals you could buy.
    “I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.”
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

MembersZone Subscriber

Good luck, we have a 89' FMC, which is a great truck, the only down fall is when the pump has issues. FMC made their pumps "inhouse" and the only way to get parts is to salvage them from the junk yard. We has some issues with the impeller, which we had to send off to a machine shop too have a new one made. The best advice that I can give you is once you get your pump up and running take very good care of it and it will take care of you. Again Good luck Brother.
    Stay Safe
    Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
    - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
    -WINSTON CHURCHILL

MembersZone Subscriber

We had a fmc roughnecks (circa '84) on my first and second departments. Both pumps had questionable leaks. That was around 2000. Parts were very hard to find. We had pump manuals at both departments but both trucks have been sold since. Good luck.
    Last edited by Fireeaterbob; 02-07-2011 at 10:21 AM. Reason: spell
    A coward stands by and watches wrongs committed without saying a word...Any opinions expressed are purely my own and not necessarily reflective of the views of my former departments

Thread Information