Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 77 FirstFirst ... 8910111213142161 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Dallas fire rescue hiring 2011!

Forum Member

Na, But I have three f-ing schools to request them from in 12 days. I gotta say, this process seems super backwards. But Hey, I don't make the rules I just play the game.

Forum Member

21. Please list and or provide “proof of Community Service” and list any type of documentation for volunteer work you have done.
    I'm curious to how others are approaching this portion of the history packet. I've personally never made initiatives to attain any "proofs of community service" when I've volunteered.
    Last edited by JoeyCrush; 04-01-2011 at 01:11 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Neither have I. S&it.

Forum Member

I think the trick with these things is fill them out as best as possible and just provide explanations for crap you don't have. I have to get a DMV record from another for when I was like 17. There is no way that is coming back before the 12th. So I made a copy of the request form and will submit that with an explanation that I will send it in after the 12th. I think the same thing could apply for Transcripts and other documentation

Forum Member

Also, this is definately a step to weed people out. Not too many people failed the Civil Service Exam so this is the first weed out phase... At least that's my thought.

Forum Member

I was not going to send in my transcripts since I went to school for only 3 months in 2009..but I figure that will be their way to DQ me, since I did list the 3 months down on the history packet. They will find out regardless, right? .

MembersZone Subscriber

I agree with you Adam. I also think the Accuplacer will weed people out, hopefully I am not one of them. I hate tests like that.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCrush View Post
    Am I reading this correctly as four separate college transcripts?
    I just called recruiter, he said yes send 4 official transcripts, regardless of how long you went to school for. If schools make us pay for each transcript..holy $$!! some schools charge $50-$60 for 1!

Forum Member

In the interest of full disclosure I'm not a vet but I am all for vet preference so... do we know if they are giving vet preference points?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zack_kcaz View Post
    I just called recruiter, he said yes send 4 official transcripts, regardless of how long you went to school for. If schools make us pay for each transcript..holy $$!! some schools charge $50-$60 for 1!
    Thanks for calling Zack. I was just about to dial, but made sure to check here first. Much appreciated.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Smith View Post
    In the interest of full disclosure I'm not a vet but I am all for vet preference so... do we know if they are giving vet preference points?
    From what I gathered, the Review Panel will likely put vet status into consideration when then they rank remaining candidates after the CPAT. However, I assume they'll also use college transcripts, personal history, accuplacer scores, and CPAT times in ranking everyone.

Forum Member

Vets are awesome. I just hope one of them doesn't get hired over me. Haha.

Forum Member

So I just requested my transcripts be sent...my school does 5..i asked 5 a year? Admin woman said 5 ever..lol so I sent 4 to dallas and 1 to myself, hope that means only 5 free ones

Forum Member

I had all of em sent to me. I'm hoping they get here so i can just include em in my packet

Forum Member

I'm sorry if I overlooked or missed something, but does anyone know if the "Dallas Fire Rescue Forms" are submitted with our personal history packets?

http://www.dallasfirerescue.com/recr...cant_forms.pdf

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCrush View Post
    I'm sorry if I overlooked or missed something, but does anyone know if the "Dallas Fire Rescue Forms" are submitted with our personal history packets?

http://www.dallasfirerescue.com/recr...cant_forms.pdf
    I sent them in with mine. The worst that will happen is they will send them back. If not, they will probably just keep them in my file.

Awesome... my tech college called me saying they can't send the transcripts until a $300 balance is paid from the GI Bill...FFFFFUUUUUU!!!!!!WTF!?

Forum Member

Haha, have fun calling the government. They are always warm, cheerful, and willing to help. Beacons of customer service light.

Forum Member

Is the Cpat mentor program just an orientation or should we wear clothes to do the actually test? I was thinking it would be for some practice. Thanks!

Forum Member

Anyone going to the CPAT training sessions tomorrow? They are definately looking at any way to weed people out. Also I have done a couple ride alongs with Dallas and it was a great experience.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by irishguy1022 View Post
    Anyone going to the CPAT training sessions tomorrow? They are definately looking at any way to weed people out. Also I have done a couple ride alongs with Dallas and it was a great experience.
    why would you say they are looking at any way to weed people out? They have to do the mentor program, the CPAT requires them to let us look at the test before they do it

Thread Information