Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Dallas fire rescue hiring 2011!

Forum Member

I checked governmentjobs.com and my status changed to placed on eligible list.

Peace and Love.

Adam

Oops, didn't realize someone posted this already. I guess you've been informed twice.

Be good, keep your head on a swivel out there.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by OchmanM7 View Post
    What does that mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by tll0110 View Post
    what did they have you guys do?!
    They had us through the ringer! The tower, hose drag, ceiling breach/pull, search maze, tire pulling. Lots of stations to increase strength where needed.

Forum Member

Does placed on eligible list mean eligible for CPAT? Or are they behind on changing it & it means written exam eligible? I hope it means Accuplacer & CPAT eligible

MembersZone Subscriber

Default accuplacer

has anyone taken it yet if so how long did it take? I'm scheduled for next Wed and I don't want to take a whole day from work if I don't have to. That said if I must I must.

Forum Member

Default Personal History Statement

What are your guys' thoughts about filling this thing out?
    Did you use ink pen or did you do it on your computer.
    I'd like to do it on the computer but I haven't found a way to do so and I've tried on multiple computers. I am about to just do it in pen.
    What do you guys think?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by bbell1977 View Post
    has anyone taken it yet if so how long did it take? I'm scheduled for next Wed and I don't want to take a whole day from work if I don't have to. That said if I must I must.
    Found out...an hour and a half.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nick775 View Post
    He has been out of his office for the past couple of days getting some dental work done. Fortunately I caught him before hand but I can't imagine how many out-of-state candidates are trying to get a test scheduled. He's probably way backed up with paperwork so I'd keep calling. I'm taking mine on Friday in Nevada.

By the way, who did you guys use as a witness on all of the forms? I'm wondering if we need to get those notarized as well?
    You dont need those notarized, when I dropped off my packet today the lady said you can leave them blank and they will be signed if you get high enough in the testing process

MembersZone Subscriber

Check your email guys. I just got one from Arnold Watkins that I passed the written.

Forum Member

Got it too! =)

"Congratulations! You passed the written exam for the above referenced position. You will continue through the recruiting process with the Dallas Fire-Rescue Division. Please be advised that scores will not be released."

Forum Member

Did everyone include the other forms in their packet? Listed under Dallas Fire rescue forms. I work 60 hrs a week and did not have time till today to fill out everything. I have the PHS filled out and ready to drive down there right now to turn it in, but have not filled out the other pieces of paper. Can we turn these in at a later time? Early next week? Been trying to call the recruiting line since 9:00 am and not answer everytime.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ts5tj View Post
    Did everyone include the other forms in their packet? Listed under Dallas Fire rescue forms. I work 60 hrs a week and did not have time till today to fill out everything. I have the PHS filled out and ready to drive down there right now to turn it in, but have not filled out the other pieces of paper. Can we turn these in at a later time? Early next week? Been trying to call the recruiting line since 9:00 am and not answer everytime.
    I think they have to be turned in with the packet, I did anyways and the recruiter didn't say anything about it, I would just to be safe, its just a few signatures

Forum Member

th
    ink they have to be turned in with the packet, I did anyways and the recruiter didn't say anything about it, I would just to be safe, its just a few signatures
    Ya I filled every form out and signed every one. Decided to better safe than sorry. I also do not work today, everyone is off from my office today. So I just filled out my section of the employee verification. Praying that will work! Ff not Still going to try to call the office till 3 today to try and get some answers.

Forum Member

Woo hoo, got the email saying I passed. NOW I have to get my school to send the transcripts. I really don't want to pay the $320 that I 'owe' for a class I didn't attend, or even know about!!! I filled out a "Retro withdraw form" and stated I knew nothing about the class, or that I was even signed up for it. I also included I need these for the Dallas fire dept by the 12th, and I already went down there...ect, ect. I'm praying that the essay I wrote will be good enough for them, because they ask for proof as to why you need to withdraw and clear the fees or whatever...
    If not, I don't think I'll be continuing the process... We'll see.
    Congratulations guys!

MembersZone Subscriber

I only passed in the personal history packet and what was in there.

Forum Member

They want four official copies of college transcripts??

Seem like one official and copies off that one should do

Forum Member

I request a DMV record from another state I lived in 8 years ago and still have not received. I'm just going to include the request form with a letter saying I will forward when I receive it. I don't think it's vitally necessary to have every little piece of info but if you just explain you requested and will forward that should be fine.

Nobody told me that but if i were a reasonable person that would be acceptable to me.

Forum Member

Why are you getting a DMV Record? Is this necessary? I didn't see anything about it....
    Also, any out of state people have any luck scheduling their accuplacer? I just talked to a recruiter on the telephone. He told me anything requiring a witness signature needs to be professionally notarized. Just a heads up....

And has anyone been able to verify if we need 4 transcripts from each college?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fire49 View Post
    They want four official copies of college transcripts??

Seem like one official and copies off that one should do
    However, the transcript isn't "official" if its been issued directly to the student in an unsealed envelope.

Forum Member

What did everyone do for the witness names for the documents in Dallas Fire Rescue Forms and for the CPAT Waiver form? Leave it blank?

Forum Member

I have all four of my official college transcripts from my undergrad, and graduate school in my packet ready to mail. I am still waiting on my highschool transcripts. I went to high school in Arlington tx but now live out of state. Do you think it would be ok if I have my high school mail my transcripts directly to Dallas as long as they are post marked by the 12th? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Airlinepilot2FF View Post
    I have all four of my official college transcripts from my undergrad, and graduate school in my packet ready to mail. I am still waiting on my highschool transcripts. I went to high school in Arlington tx but now live out of state. Do you think it would be ok if I have my high school mail my transcripts directly to Dallas as long as they are post marked by the 12th? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    Why are you having high school transcripts sent in?

FR1
    Forum Member

They requested both high school and college. I called and they said they needed both. No questions asked.

Forum Member

(4) Official College transcripts** - - **XEROX COPIES of transcripts will not be accepted.**
    Even though you have turned in transcripts to Civil Service that is their copy; you will still need to provide the Fire Department Official transcripts

College Transcripts Requested. Where in writing do they say they want High School Transcripts

Forum Member

Number 3 under the required documents specifically states that they need a copy of your high school diploma or high school transcript.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nick775 View Post
    Number 3 under the required documents specifically states that they need a copy of your high school diploma or high school transcript.
    That's what I thought. I'm not near my papers, so I was freaking out a little. Wonder why they are telling people different?

For those out of state, did you get get the accuplacer sent to your local school yet, or can it be sent via attachment in email to school admin?

Thread Information