Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Dallas fire rescue hiring 2011!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GiveMeAChance View Post
    Just got into town earlier this evening. One recruiter said I could complete the gear pickup and physical, etc tomorrow (Mon) but I just realized it's Columbus Day. You guys think they'll be working?
    Since you are new to the area let me know if you need any help finding any housing or whatever. I live pretty close to the academy. I am starting in december.

Forum Member

Just got into town earlier this evening. One recruiter said I could complete the gear pickup and physical, etc tomorrow (Mon) but I just realized it's Columbus Day. You guys think they'll be working?
    See you Wednesday! Wow. It's really here. Guess who won't be sleeping tonight or tomorrow.

Forum Member

I was able to get the physical and fingerprinting out of the way today. Just a heads up to the Dec guys, the physical took 2 hours. By the time I turned in the paperwork and got my letter from the personnel dept to show the equipment dept, they were already closed. Good thing there's one more day before we start!

I want to get to sleep early but if anyone wants to grab dinner or something, hit me up. I think I'll be staying somewhere right near the academy for at least this week.

Forum Member

I was able to get the physical and fingerprinting out of the way today. Just a heads up to the Dec guys, the physical took 2 hours. By the time I turned in the paperwork and got my letter from the personnel dept to show the equipment dept, they were already closed. Good thing there's one more day before we start!

I want to get to sleep early but if anyone wants to grab dinner or something, hit me up. I think I'll be staying somewhere right near the academy for at least this week.
    You got the email about Wednesday right? Where we'll be & the paperwork right? The equipment location opens at 8 am btw plan for 2 hours there too

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FireCoco View Post
    You got the email about Wednesday right? Where we'll be & the paperwork right? The equipment location opens at 8 am btw plan for 2 hours there too
    Nope no email...hmmm. Also, when I checked in today they didn't even have a conditional letter for me at first. Can you PM me the details?

FR1
    Forum Member

2 hours? Was it the wait or just a really involved physical?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FR1 View Post
    2 hours? Was it the wait or just a really involved physical?
    The wait...at least at the Mesquite or South Garland location. The actual process took all of 10 mins. Same with the fingerprinting but no waiting.

FR1
    Forum Member

Nice, do they do your physical and drug test all together or seperate locations?

Forum Member

Same location, but there was a little wait in between

Forum Member

So what time do you start work tomorrow

Forum Member

7am. a.k.a. 6-6:30

Forum Member

how long is DFD fire academy?

Forum Member

Academy is 6 ish months I believe

Forum Member

oh ok cool...well good luck to all of you in the academy and keep us updated on your progression throughout the academy

Forum Member

Well October class has started but there is still about 100 of us waiting to start, let's keep this thread going, anybody hear any new info? I heard they took 100 in the October class, so I'm wondering if they will merge the next two classes?

Forum Member

I haven't heard anything new yet, I'm anxiously waiting for that letter in the mail!

Forum Member

I am waiting for the letter to come too. December is gonna come up pretty fast. I am just getting pretty anxious.

Forum Member

If they combine the dec and march class will they call the march guys or just send them a letter. Also how many days do we have to tell them we want the job, not that i dont want the job just saying becuase mail do get misplaced.

Forum Member

Called today and nothing new. Letters are going out soon for the December folk! They're just trying to tie up any lose ends with the class that started today.

Forum Member

Hang in there fellas! There were just over 100 recruits there today. I believe that included both the former sub-rookies as well as those recruits who will be the next batch of SRs. I believe those new SRs will be assisting with recruiting starting tomorrow, but don't quote me.

Today was orientation, which was a lot of paperwork and general information. Tomorrow is diversity training and the actual in-class stuff won't begin until at least Mon or Tues. They are swamped as apparently they aren't used to having so many recruits at once.

Forum Member

GiveMeAChance, Thank you for the update. You know us on the back side are a little antsy! We are kind of like baby pit bulls biting at the ankles of the recruiters and I'm sure they are close to being fed up with us!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Burke714 View Post
    Any news for us December folks; letters ect.?
    Hey Burke are you out of state or local. I will be starting in December too.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by irishguy1022 View Post
    Hey Burke are you out of state or local. I will be starting in December too.

I'm from orange county, ca

Forum Member

So has everyone been training and running pretty hard. December is gonna come up quick. Have a friend who started this week. Says was a lot of paperwork and orientation type stuff.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FireCoco View Post
    Academy is 6 ish months I believe
    How was the first week.

Thread Information