Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 74 of 77 FirstFirst ... 246471727374757677 LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 1528
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Dallas fire rescue hiring 2011!

Forum Member

nice how did you come up on this website?

Forum Member

Still looking for a roommate, any one who is willing to PM me or post here I will PM you. Thanks! Also anyone know what steps are left? Medical/Psych/Uniforms?

BTW; Go Giants!
    Last edited by FireFighterCanididate1; 01-15-2012 at 08:02 PM.

Forum Member

I was looking for the Dallas Fire Dept. shift calender and some how it came up. (Don't google Firefighter Calender! LOL!) It's a bunch of Buff Guys that will make you look bad!

FireFighterCanididate1 FYI, Dallas Firefighters ONLY like the Dallas Cowboys!!! Lol!

Forum Member

need to get on shift first

http://www.dffa.org/

Forum Member

Did they tell anybody about when to expect a call for the medical and fingerprint test? I was too surprised by the other call to ask.

Dallas doesn't do a psych test to whoever was asking about that earlier.

Forum Member

Got this from Dallas FD facebook page.

Dallas Fire-Rescue Recruiting

DFR is hosting a Job Fair for interested persons at our training academy, 5000 Dolphin Road, Dallas, TX 75223 on February 11, 2012, from 0900 - 1500. Any females interested in learning about a career within DFR are encouraged to attend and tour our facility, female firefighters will be available to answer questions. The job fair is open everyone. COME JOIN US. SEE YOU THERE!!!

ATTENTION ALL INTERESTED CANDIDATES!!!!
    THE APPLICATION PERIOD FOR DFR TRAINEE FIRE AND RESCUE OFFICERS WILL OPEN ON FEBRUARY 5, 2012 THROUGH FEBRUARY 18, 2012. PLEASE REFER TO OUR WEBSITE www.dallasfirerescue.com for a link to the online application portal.

Forum Member

Does anyone know what the academy schedule is? Mon-Fri from what time till what time?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by daboss View Post
    Does anyone know what the academy schedule is? Mon-Fri from what time till what time?
    PT Starts at 6:30 and you'll be expected to show up an hour early. So 0530-1630ish.

Forum Member

Congrat's to everyone who got calls recently. I plan on testing this next time around. I have a question though. I work in wildfire at a very remote base in NM and once the season starts we get very busy and it's really hard to get away. If I advanced past the test would the Dept. view my situation as a deployment and be understanding of my unavailability? Or would I be removed from the process? Thanks.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jackscoldsweat View Post
    Congrat's to everyone who got calls recently. I plan on testing this next time around. I have a question though. I work in wildfire at a very remote base in NM and once the season starts we get very busy and it's really hard to get away. If I advanced past the test would the Dept. view my situation as a deployment and be understanding of my unavailability? Or would I be removed from the process? Thanks.
    Hey Jack, unfortunately you would most likely be removed from the process. The recruitment for Dallas has multiple deadlines that must be met in order to advance. I just started my academy with DFR a few months ago and was also working as a wildland firefighter in Reno, NV during their last recruitment. I had to quit my department of three years just to meet all of the deadlines for this last go-around. It was a risk I was willing to take and fortunately it paid off. Good luck to you and have a safe fire season!

Forum Member

Any females in any of the current classes?

Forum Member

i know of one in the december class

Forum Member

According to the countdown on my phone we have 58 Days, 18 hours, and 38 minutes until we start.

In case anybody was wondering.

Forum Member

Can't wait!

On another note, still need a roommate or a place to stay. I know a few guys are staying at the Reserve, looking for someone to split the bills with. If anyone knows anyone in this class or FD or completely separate from FD I will be interested. Please PM me!

congrats to all that got the calls!

Forum Member

Hi. I head that another test will be opening up soon. What does the process consist of and how long did it take you guys? Im from california, just took an EMT job to qualify for medic school, and took a pay cut to get it done, so Im on a budget lol. Thanks in advance

Forum Member

Did anybody else get a call from Dallas requesting more college transcripts and a high school transcript? Plus shot records.

I'm kinda confused because I already sent all of it way earlier in the process.

Forum Member

I haven't heard anything since they called a couple of weeks ago. Kind of weird that they would ask you for those items now. On the bright side, at least they are asking you for them instead of not saying anything at all and it jeopordize your position. I hope you took them that stuff already.

Forum Member

Just saw dallas is accepting apps again... Any idea how many they will take this time around?

Forum Member

Has anyone from the first 2 classes moved from a far distance? How do you like Dallas? Best place to live? I am assuming close to Academy and any other interesting things?

Also I'm prepping for academy, any insight on fitness? I am running, push ups sit ups; have any numbers on basic requirements?

Thanks guys, hope to see/meet you all soon!

Thread Information