MembersZone Subscriber

Unhappy 2009 Closeout Reports

The closeout module will not be avaialble in the drop down menu any time soon.

From an email that I recieved:

FYI 2009 closeout module has not been deployed, so 2009 grantees cannot submit closeouts nor have they been notified to do so yet. It could be 2-3 months before the 2009 closeout module is deployed, because they are trying to fix the issues with 2005 2008 closeouts first.

Forum Member

Yeah, my closeout is due tomorrow Jan 21 st. Next thing you know, they'll be stopping any action on the site due to failure to report.....
    Are they always this far behind with paperwork? I still have a "pending" amendment from June 24th of last year!
    Money has been in the bank and passed on to the vendors so I guess they'll have to trust me I spent it wisely.....

Forum Member

Yeah, My regional closes out on Jan 25th. I have been pretty hard getting ready for my closeout.

It would be much easier to do it sooner than later and have to review all over again.

But might as well go from a previous one and get as much down to be ready when the portal does open.

MembersZone Subscriber

Our grant has been completed for some time. Would have liked to complete the closeout on the 21st, but as we know it's not going to happen. Just have to be prepared for when the module is installed.

Troyboy....Since the module is not vailable there is no failure to report. No one can be held accountable at this point, becasue the AFG is behind the eight ball. Even if the module was available you have 90 days following the end of the POP to submit the reportbefore you are in default.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Notification of Functioning C/O Module?

Does anyone think they will notify us when (and if) the closeout module becomes functional? Or do we need to just keep checking (like some of us still are doing for 2010 1199a)

Forum Member

So...is this why my submitted 08 closeout has not been processed? It has been months without any word. In the past closeouts took much less time.

Forum Member

my guess is that they have got all kinds of weird things going on in their grant world that they are trying to deal with. however accountability is gonna get done sometime. I would say visiting here would be the best way to be notified unless one has the inside contacts that they use regularly. (onebugle and others)

Forum Member

I'm still trying to close out 2008's grant....damn system won't let me...
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Thread Information