MembersZone Subscriber

Unhappy Little help please!

I am lost my BC handed me a letter from FEMA, says dear AFG applicant: basically a bunch of political crap makes it sounds like they are giving me a DJ letter. OK i can live with that but after reading it 20 times it does not say I have been denied, even references my grant EMW-2010-03323. I have got no new mail on the portal. Please someone help.

the letter is from AFG C/O McKing Consulting Corp. signed by Catherine Patterson AFG grant Admin.

Kurt man sorry to hear about your back luck, i hope the best for you and your wife.

MembersZone Subscriber

Bill what does it say (example) and when was it dated?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default More

The letter is not dated, the envelope is dated 01-11-11, says the following:

Reference: EMW-2010-FO-03323
    Dear Assistance to Firefighters Grant Applicant:

The following information is in response to your request for feedback on your FY 2010 Assistance to Firefighters Grants (AFG) Program Application. As a reminder, in FY 2010, the Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) Federal Emergency management Agency (FEMA) received 16,234 applications, requesting $2,540,136 in federal funds. The large number of applicants and finite amount of available funding resulted in many worthy applicants not being funded. By far the biggest challenge for applicants is the competitive nature of those applicant. Hoplefully, the information below will assist you with preparing for future grants.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default more

Afg applications recieve a preliminary rating based in answers to questions in the request details and departmental cahracteristics sections application. These sections are part of the program priorities identified in the AFG Program Guidance. The answer to these application questions have weighted vlaues. The Criteria Develpomental Team, which consist,
    anyways it is almost two page long, when you get a DJ dont they send you a email on the portal? I am failry new and got email on portal for my prior DJ. thanks

MembersZone Subscriber

The letter is explaining the reason(s) for the computer DJ that you previously recieved. These DJ notices do go to the portal. Check your old emails in the portal and look for an email dated 11/3/10. That is the date when the computer DJ's went out. Somebody saw the email as you have to submit a request to recieve an explanation from the AFG.

MembersZone Subscriber

Yeah it sounds like you were DJ'ed and somebody intercepted it for you.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by firebill911 View Post
    I am lost my BC handed me a letter from FEMA, says dear AFG applicant: basically a bunch of political crap makes it sounds like they are giving me a DJ letter. OK i can live with that but after reading it 20 times it does not say I have been denied, even references my grant EMW-2010-03323. I have got no new mail on the portal. Please someone help.

the letter is from AFG C/O McKing Consulting Corp. signed by Catherine Patterson AFG grant Admin.

Kurt man sorry to hear about your back luck, i hope the best for you and your wife.
    Yep sounds like the Chief got the DJ, requested an explanation and then handed you what they said. Thanks for the words of encouragement, anyoen who knows me also knows I am one to never say die, so I just have to use my own advice to people and learn to think out of the box. I'll get through somehow.
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Thanks

THanks for the info it sounds like wse got a DJ. Cant find it on portal and chief says he never recieved anything, i guess to verify maybe I will call help desk monday when i get back to work, even though im feeling like i just received a DJ =(!

MembersZone Subscriber

Red face ha!

after all this and pretty much giving up this year (2010) I got a 1199A update! Caught me off guard. My BC says I thought you said we got denied, well I could be wrong. So let me get this straight, got 1199A update and no 10 ?'s (yet), so I got a pretty good chance of getting an award?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by firebill911 View Post
    after all this and pretty much giving up this year (2010) I got a 1199A update! Caught me off guard. My BC says I thought you said we got denied, well I could be wrong. So let me get this straight, got 1199A update and no 10 ?'s (yet), so I got a pretty good chance of getting an award?
    You are moving forward and your chances are getting better each step you complete.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default 10 ?'s

well after all that has happened I got our 10 ?'s this am and promptly sent in answers so I feeling pretty good, hope this seals a deal!

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Award Numbers

Firebill,

Do the award numbers match on your; Denial letter, 1199A and 10Qs?
    "There's no such thing as a bad day,
    Some are just better than others." JFR 1914-1997

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Numbers match

Yes EMW numbers match, but we got a denial in 07 for scba comp cascade etc, and then reapplied in 08 for same, then they called and said they had left over money from 07 and wanted to know if we wanted to go ahead with out 07 proposal, uhhh yah sure or someting like that.

Forum Member

I'm confused yet intrigued by whatever you're trying to say.

Do you have a 2010 Award Number posted on your 1199A?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default numbers

yes numbers match

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Computer Glitch?

Could this indicated another computer glitch like 2008?
    "There's no such thing as a bad day,
    Some are just better than others." JFR 1914-1997

Forum Member

Sounds like at least one. I haven't checked back on DJs at all. firebill, did they get an email with a DJ also or just a letter?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Letter

We got an email to dept. email, but not one on our fema mail account.

Forum Member

Definitely a glitch then, DJs and 1199As aren't supposed to miss the Mail Center online. Being the software nerd, appears that it's all part of one component that emails both personal and app mail so if one went out the other should have too. Minus errors of course, but should be trackable on their end.

MembersZone Subscriber

I got questions to email address. 1099 showed up in application area. Nothing to mail center.

Forum Member

They never sent those to the app center, but this year they're hitting all 3 email addresses with them.

Thread Information