Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SaberJet Nozzle

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by . View Post
    ^^^That provided for the best laugh.
    So much of a laugh you forgot to respond with any worthwhile experience or information as to why a fog on a 2 1/2" is so useless?

Give me something good, I haven't even gotten into uses like vapor suppression or decontamination.

Quote Originally Posted by Catch22 View Post
    So much of a laugh you forgot to respond with any worthwhile experience or information as to why a fog on a 2 1/2" is so useless?

Give me something good, I haven't even gotten into uses like vapor suppression or decontamination.
    You do realize you're trying to discuss fire tactics with someone who's screen name is a period. Most likely a revived version of one of those recently banned members.

Don't waste your time.
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by GTRider245 View Post
    You do realize you're trying to discuss fire tactics with someone who's screen name is a period. Most likely a revived version of one of those recently banned members.

Don't waste your time.
    I know, but it made me feel better for a minute just to get it out. I don't intend to get into any debate by any means, particularly if he can't formulate a reason.

MembersZone Subscriber

( . ): When dealing with refined product that has a flash point above 100 deg. F, a fog pattern and low velocity "rain" applied to the spill is one very effective tool for extinguishment. The use of 200 ft. of 2 1/2" will provide a friction loss of nearly 80 psi, so the "Blitz" will have 100 psi nozzle pressure. This same 180 psi engine pressure on a 200 ft. 1 3/4" PC will develop 180 gpm for the cover line to protect the crew as they advance the blitz to the correct location to cover exposures or apply it to a tank or frack tower. This match allows the P.O. to have a single discharge pressure for both lines negating the need to gate back either line. The reason you use 580 gpm, is because most NFPA compliant engines will supply 500 gpm out of the tank and are usually over designed by the apparatus engineers. Usually on these forums, there is a whole lot more experience and training behind the posts than a quick look-over recognizes. Some of us have been fighting fire with fog for most of our careers, and if you will take the time to read the latest two issues of Fire Engineering with more then a cursory look at the analysis being done on fog vs Solis Streams you might learn something. By the way, if you apply a SS to a spill of any depth, you will cause a violent spreading of the fuel, and in short order you will create the sort of hell you are trying to avoid.
    Last edited by KuhShise; 01-26-2011 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Add SS comment

Forum Member

In the other thread you've mentioned you believe I "ran" from here, lol. no more info or love making needed from me, (either thread) you just happen to disagree.

Btw, Kushine is like your brother from another mother, I got you two mixed up! My mistake.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by . View Post
    In the other thread you've mentioned you believe I "ran" from here, lol. no more info or love making needed from me, (either thread) you just happen to disagree.

Btw, Kushine is like your brother from another mother, I got you two mixed up! My mistake.
    If we disagree, so be it. But you've called me out more than once, as well; can't expect me to sit idle anymore than I can expect you.

I'm man enough to accept differences of opinions, but if you're going to as much as say a 2 1/2" fog nozzle is useless, at least have the courtesy of backing it up with an opinion.

Thread Information