Forum Member

Default TNT Lifetime Warranty

Really??? Anyone know the full story about the claims of TNT's Lifetime Warranty?

According to their website:

Should any TNT product purchased from TNT or an authorized representative of TNT fail to perform as originally intended due to wear, workmanship, or even accidental damage, return it to TNT with postage prepaid, and we will either replace or repair it, at our option, for as long as you own it -- no if's, and's or but's. This warranty does not apply to: (1) abuse (2) any alterations non compliant with TNT factory specifications (3) engines, lifting bags and lifting bag accessories, which are not manufactured by TNT. (All engines and lifting bags have separate warranties from the manufacturer).

Does anyone have excemptions to this warranty?

IF ITS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE.......

MembersZone Subscriber

We just recently took delivery of a set of TNT tools and in our area (Western PA) I have not heard of any instances where they have failed to honor their warranty. Our local dealer, First Out Rescue, provides replacement equipment within 24 hours (maximum time period) should a component need to be taken out of service for repair and/or replacement.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GFD615 View Post
    Really??? Anyone know the full story about the claims of TNT's Lifetime Warranty?

According to their website:

Should any TNT product purchased from TNT or an authorized representative of TNT fail to perform as originally intended due to wear, workmanship, or even accidental damage, return it to TNT with postage prepaid, and we will either replace or repair it, at our option, for as long as you own it -- no if's, and's or but's. This warranty does not apply to: (1) abuse (2) any alterations non compliant with TNT factory specifications (3) engines, lifting bags and lifting bag accessories, which are not manufactured by TNT. (All engines and lifting bags have separate warranties from the manufacturer).

Does anyone have excemptions to this warranty?

IF ITS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE.......
    Keep reading. Our tools also have a LT warranty PROVIDED: That they are serviced annually by a ResQtek representatine(IE Dealer)and are not subjected to abuse or alteration. I believe you will find the annual service clause on the TNT's as well. And it makes sense(to me)to have the annual service/adjustments,they will benefit your tool and reliability over the ownership period. T.c.

MembersZone Subscriber

My experience with TNT has been great. We found a broken piece in our combi tool during annual maintenance, took it to the factory about a hour away. They took it right in replaced the part, went through the tool and handed it back, looking like new. They have given us a new boot for the tools and stickers no cost no questions. I guess it is too good to be true.
    Not like our SCBA warranty for life, seems like anything that goes bad is not covered.
    If you do go with TNT I suggest going to their service school. It is 2 days cost like $100 of which you will drink and eat. The instructors are the guys in the factory.

MembersZone Subscriber

The TNT Company Overview and Mission are outlined on here along with a discussion of their warranty.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/TNT...6755685?v=info

MembersZone Subscriber

I would like to echo GFD615ís comments. We have had TNT rescue tools for almost 8 years. Last summer we took delivery of a second set of tools (2 cutters (including the BFC-320), spreader, ram and accelerator power unit). We also upgraded our original power unit to the accelerator option. We have not run into anything they can not handle.

While training on extrication one night two years ago we discovered a small hydraulic leak on our original cutters. One phone call to our local dealer, First Out Rescue (we are in the Finger Lakes region of New York) and he was in his truck bringing us a replacement cutter the same night. The next day the cutters were repaired and on the way back. No charge for the repair, it was covered under the liftime warranty.

Great products and great service. Hard to beat that combination.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ejfeicht View Post
    We just recently took delivery of a set of TNT tools and in our area (Western PA) I have not heard of any instances where they have failed to honor their warranty. Our local dealer, First Out Rescue, provides replacement equipment within 24 hours (maximum time period) should a component need to be taken out of service for repair and/or replacement.
    Great dealer. I have the number for two of the guys, and they couldn't be more helpful. In addition to the lifetime warranty, these guys bent over backwards when we were looking at their new low pressure systems, as opposed to some of the other dealers for different rescue tools that we were looking at.

MembersZone Subscriber

We have a set of TNT tools that are probably in the neighboorhood of 10 years old. On two occasions our spreader needed repair. The second one was our fault, the tool was unsecured in the compartment on a hanging bracket and came loose and got wedged between the compartment wall and a shelf. On both occasions one call to our dealer resulted in a loaner tool being delivered within 24 hours and our tool getting repaired an returned to us at NO CHARGE.

As a side note, the TNT Factory repair center contacted our dealer and us regarding the second issue (the one that was our fault), and inquired if we had secure tool mounts as the only way they could figure out to break the tool as we did was exactly what happened, unsecured in the apparatus. We told them we had a mount but the tool wasn't secured to the mount at the time....still covered by warranty.

Zero complaints with TNT Service and Warranty.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by RoaddoggAK View Post
    Great dealer. I have the number for two of the guys, and they couldn't be more helpful. In addition to the lifetime warranty, these guys bent over backwards when we were looking at their new low pressure systems, as opposed to some of the other dealers for different rescue tools that we were looking at.
    The Blanton organization at TNT has maintained the traditional "family business" values of customer service that so often seems to get lost in the larger corporate business world. This philosophy carries through to their dealer network also and Mike Curry and crew from First Out Rescue Equipment are top notch to work with.

MembersZone Subscriber

The Blanton organization at TNT has maintained the traditional "family business" values of customer service that so often seems to get lost in the larger corporate business world. This philosophy carries through to their dealer network also and Mike Curry and crew from First Out Rescue Equipment are top notch to work with.
    It really goes to show you that there is still some companies that operate with something other than the bottom line first in their mind, and that make sure their dealers are on board with what they are preaching. There's been 3-4 guys on here from different areas that are all saying the same thing:Top notch customer service and dealers that care about their customers.

(BTW, ejfeicht, how's that new engine running? Looking at Bruin, you're not that far away from Erie.)

MembersZone Subscriber

RoaddoggAK the engine is working great, have used the CAFS on 3 structure responses thus far with good results. Have you guys placed that new Sutphen in service yet ? Very nice addition to your fleet.

MembersZone Subscriber

RoaddoggAK the engine is working great, have used the CAFS on 3 structure responses thus far with good results. Have you guys placed that new Sutphen in service yet ? Very nice addition to your fleet.
    Went in last week after a few minor repairs made. It didn't take us too long to get everyone up to speed, we took the best ideas from our 1993's and the tower and updated them. Same wb, pump type, options. All the guys really had to get used to was the on board class A system. If you ever wander up north, feel free to stop by.

Forum Member

I must admit...TNT has really made a big impression on many departments across the country. Service is what it's coming to...nice to see someone willing to extend the extra value to its customers.

Forum Member

We tweaked an arm on our spreader....It was about a 1/4"-3/8" off at the tip. TNT replaced it no questions asked. They are the real deal.
    Buck
    Assistant Chief/EMT-B

Forum Member

hey.. this mike curry??

doing instruction at O'hare Towing, home of the show "wrecked" on speed channel?

shown here instructing the first lady of towing Marci Gratzianna
    http://www.speedtv.com/programs/wrec...ed-characters/

Mike's a good guy and a great man of character. I'm proud to consider him a very good friend in addition to a business partner. If all the rest of TNT's dealers are like him, then you'll be in good hands. I do know some of the other dealers, and the ones I know.. you would be.
    Last edited by scooby0066; 02-28-2011 at 12:39 AM. Reason: correct link

Thread Information