Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tattoo Policy?

Forum Member

Default Tattoo Policy?

I am doing research on different fire departments in Texas because once I leave the Army thats were I would like to transition. I looked up a FAQ on Austins recruiting website about Tattoos it stated that as long as they are not visible in uniform you can have them. Does that mean because of my forearm tattoos I will have to wear long sleeves while on shift?

Forum Member

seems like policies on tatoos are one of the latest buss words, do not understand why, as long as not offensive.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fire49 View Post
    seems like policies on tatoos are one of the latest buss words, do not understand why, as long as not offensive.
    Fire department/EMS is all about customer service. There are a lot of people...and I mean A LOT of people find tattoos as a sign of, for lack of a better word, trashy. It also falls under the statement of uniformity and making the fire department or EMS service look professional and uniform and if someone has a full sleeve or neck tattoo, they believe it defeats the purpose...

...now after throwing that out my own personal opinion (not that im sure anyone cares) but as long as they are not offensive or shows a bunch of naked ladies or anything of the such, i dont think it should be a problem. Of course I have 2 tattoos and am looking to get more

Forum Member

To be, honest I doubt it. I wouldn't think TX would be any different from NC because I've seen officers with fore arm tats and they wear short sleeve uniform all summer long. I travel alot and I do see it often, from skulls, dedication, crosses, etc. I wouldn't sweat it.

Quote Originally Posted by mikecarroll84 View Post
    I am doing research on different fire departments in Texas because once I leave the Army thats were I would like to transition. I looked up a FAQ on Austins recruiting website about Tattoos it stated that as long as they are not visible in uniform you can have them. Does that mean because of my forearm tattoos I will have to wear long sleeves while on shift?

Forum Member

Good lord. Not this thread again. Use the search function... please.

Thread Information