Forum Member

Default One for Harve Woods.. Tractor pull engine KaBoom!

‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Thats pretty cool, I never saw a catastrophic failure where the block completely blew off and left all the rods and pistons connected to the crankshaft.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

I guess he didn't win...
    HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinKnight View Post
    I guess he didn't win...
    He did, unfortunately it was not for fastest time to the post.

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking Ka-Boom

Well, when the're cranking 6-7 times the normal horsepower out of those engines it's bound to happen. Never saw a head blow off though. Usually a rod through the side of the block. Was at the Labor Day US Nationals in Indy when a blower blew off and went 6 rows into the stands and hurt a bunch of people. That was the start of the requirement that the blowers (SuperChargers) be safety strapped to the engine.
    Last edited by donethat; 01-26-2011 at 11:21 AM.

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Thumbs up And.........

Gonz, Thank You. Yardo posted it on Facebook, so I saw it about an hour ago. And for anyone interested, the Keystone Nationals Pull is March 24,25,26, at the Pennsylvania Farm Show Facility in Harrisburg. Current schedule has me pulling on Friday.........
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Current schedule has me pulling on Friday.........

SCHHUUULLLTTTZZZZ!!! I KNOW nothing! I know NOTHINGGGGG!!!

I am not going there AT ALL!!! HAHAHAHAAA

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Talking And..........

Hi Rick, How's the SNOW??.......
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

MembersZone Subscriber

HAHAHAAA ok, now thats funny. Firstly, at work, I am not able to view video links a lot of the time, so I dont bother even trying. So today I finally remembered to check in on this. The whole Schultz thing was purely coincidental, not knowing until now that this event took place in Germany.

The snow? We got a new dusting a few days ago, but otherwise, only about 2feet still on the ground. Beyond that....

GET ME THE FARK OUTTA HERE!!!

I dont like cold and I dont like snow PERIOD Besides that, we're doing pretty good. I still get notices from the US/DC government broadcast system, so I know that there's been some snowy weather down your way too. Got one earlier in the week, indicating that although "all government offices were open, a 2hr early departure was approved." Guess you guys got what, 1/4 inch or so?? haahahaha

Forum Member

I still drag race my '71 Chevelle SS with a 496ci 12-71 blower 10% over driven. I've seen just about everything that can be launched from an engine. Even a full set of heads still bolted to the turbo charged intake system.

That right there, beats them all. Would have loved to see this one in person. What the heck was the boost pressure, 180psi???

FM1
    I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF
    "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Forum Member

Damm.....I wonder if he had to change his shorts, or his shoes after that one!
    Courage, Being Scared to Death and Saddling Up anyways.

Forum Member

At one of my old towboat jobs,I was in the engine room next to a Caterpiller marine engine(can't think of the model number just now) as it blew a head gasket and showered me with oil and engine coolant.I looked like a lobster for a few weeks.
    Back in 1994,I went to a drag strip in Senatobia MS with a neighbor who raced and during the "Run What You Brung" races,this one guy pulls up to the lights in a brand new Corvette that still had the drive out tag on it.
    The track announcer said,"I know what you're gonna do.You'll blow out the engine today,and Monday you'll have it towed back to the dealer,deny that you were racing when it blew up on you and want to trade this one for another one..."

MembersZone Subscriber

Red face

Since this thread is about tractors and tractor pulls.....

Saanich tractor in the pink for breast cancer fundraiser

By Richard Watts, Times Colonist February 15, 2011 {see below!}
    StoryPhotos ( 2 )

Workers on a family farm in Saanich, known for 65 years of vegetable and sod production, have painted a tractor hot pink to raise awareness of breast cancer.

Tuf Turf Farm, at 4060 Blenkinsop Rd., kicked off a year-long campaign Monday to raise money for the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation.

The campaign will include the selling of T-shirts, emblazoned with the slogan (in pink letters) "Tuf Guys Wear Pink." And for every cubic yard of soil Tuf Turf farm sells, it will donate $1 to the foundation.

It's hoped the specially painted tractor -described as "big, bright and bold" by one farm employee -will be clearly visible from Blenkinsop Road and draw attention to the campaign.

The campaign was launched in honour of Marion Lim, who founded the farm 65 years ago with her husband, Harvey Lim. She died in 2005 of breast cancer.

Paul Paterson, Tuf Turf general manager, said the couple carved a farm out of what was mostly trees and bush, turning it into one of the top vegetable producers on Vancouver Island.

Paterson said Marion was a vibrant woman, "just a wonderful lady. . And tough," he said. "She was tough as nails."

The farm is now owned by the Lims' son, Terry, and concentrates on sod production. But it still produces vegetables for the sake of crop rotation.

Paterson said the sod production takes the business into many area golf courses. It's hoped, through that presence, that the campaigners can further promote the message about the need to fund research into beating breast cancer.

Tracy Ryan, Vancouver Island regional manager for the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation, is delighted with the campaign.

Ryan said the foundation has for years embraced the colour pink, almost as a logo. And it's gratifying to see so many men now willing to put it on.

Farming "is typically a maledominated industry and the fact they are so enthusiastic about the colour, I think it's a remarkable thing," she said.

rwatts@timescolonist.com

Copyright (c) The Victoria Times Colonist

Read more: http://www.timescolonist.com/health/...#ixzz1E7oeq3QD

PHOTOCREDIT: More Images Operations manager, Taewyn Cleugh drives a repainted bright pink loader at Tuf Turf- a family operated farm. The farm is kicking off a year-long breast cancer campaign and will donate one dollar per every cubic yard of soil sold to the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundatio. (Feb. 14, 2011)Photograph by: Debra Brash, timescolonist.com
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information