Forum Member

Default Blinking indicator lights on panel

the water level indicator lights on my pump panel are blinking. I hear that they can be reset with a magnet with a certain sequence. Does anyone happen to know what it is? It's a piece waterous pump.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FireSpin View Post
    the water level indicator lights on my pump panel are blinking. I hear that they can be reset with a magnet with a certain sequence. Does anyone happen to know what it is? It's a piece waterous pump.
    Gauges made by Innovative Controls of Turtle Creek, Pa. can be set that way. Some Waterous branded gauges are made by I/C. I have their instruction sheet in the station. Give me a fax number and I'll send it to you or you can call them; they'll send it to you. They were very helpful to me when I called them. 412.824.2264

You do need a small bar magnet. The first time I tried to do it I was using a pretty big horseshoe magnet and it didn't work well at all.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FireSpin View Post

Really easy.

You can use any magnet you have. They say you need to use the "North Pole", but I've found that as long as it changes the blinking sequence, then you are good to go.

Make sure your tank is empty, and you're ready to fill the tank. Then follow along.

Swipe the "Cal" (small circle bottom of gauge) 3 times (quickly) until you see the top 3 lights blinking together. Slowly open your intake valve. When your tank is full, by the water gushing out, swipe the magnet again, 3 more times.

Wait about 10 seconds, and all the lights should be lit up to show a full tank.

Some tanks are shaped differently and need to be calibrated differently. This is the non-linear way to calibrate all tanks, and is more accurate.

FM1
    I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF
    "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Forum Member

http://www.fireresearch.com/pdfs/wla200.pdf

Here is the link to recalibrate it.

FM1
    I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF
    "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Forum Member

i always used the magnet thats on the end of one of those small scredrivers.

Forum Member

Our tank is a very irregular shape. The I/C gauge has ten increments on it including "Full" and "Empty." I was able to "customize" the settings to give a little grace period at the bottom. A former member has water meter which we borrowed and rigged up to adapt to garden hose. Each time we got to the next higher desired level of water in the tank, we shut the water off and set the gauge to that level, then continued on. We set the "Full" light so that it goes out after less than 50 gallons is used.

Forum Member

We had an engine that the indicator lights would blink when the water level was between amounts, like when it was between full and 3/4 and so on. It was built and planned this way.

Forum Member

If this is a class1 display, those blinking lights are basically a trouble code.

It may just need to be recalibrated, but it's likely there is a problem elsewhere. (pressure transducer, wiring, or the display itself)

http://www.class1.com/_Downloads/cla...ip%20empty.pdf

Read this and see if it looks like what you have. I think Class1 made a 5 light version for pierce, but everything else should be the same. If yours doesn't resemble this, disreguard this message..
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.

Thread Information