Forum Member

Default Turnout Gear for 2011 Fire Act

I am starting to prepare for the upcoming years grant opportunities. This year we are going to be persuing turnout gear. I was wondering if anyone has successful narratives for turnout gear. I would appreciate any assistance that you could provide. My email address is EMS142@roadrunner.com.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you may be able to provide.

Gool luck everyone!

Rob

MembersZone Subscriber

Speaking of the 2011 round I hope they release the new census numbers before the grant application is due in. I would hate to put in the old numbers and they kick it because the computer has the new numbers.

MembersZone Subscriber

Census report schedule

http://www.census.gov/population/www/cen2010/glance/

So depends on how slow FG is this year. Likely will not have 2010 #. But can use 2000 census or 2009 estimate as beneficial you your case.

MembersZone Subscriber

Talked to some folks at the Census last week. The person told me that the numbers would be released in batches. First the Congressional districts had to be notifed first then the general public on website would be posted.

The numbers would be released starting in Feb. if all went well.

ms

Forum Member

Just hope the new congress funds the program. That would be the fnext step....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EMS142 View Post
    I am starting to prepare for the upcoming years grant opportunities. This year we are going to be persuing turnout gear. I was wondering if anyone has successful narratives for turnout gear. I would appreciate any assistance that you could provide. My email address is EMS142@roadrunner.com.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you may be able to provide.

Gool luck everyone!

Rob
    Narrative sent
    Mike

MembersZone Subscriber

Midwestchief, i sent you one check your e mail.
    Good luck

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Limeforever View Post
    Just hope the new congress funds the program. That would be the fnext step....
    I would say that the area that has the best chance to retain funding will be the security/emergency services.

Dump the rest. LOL

Forum Member

Thank you chief if I can ever assist you please feel free to ask. Good luck with the grants.

Rob

MembersZone Subscriber

EMS142 did you get the one I think I sent to you or did I send it to midwestchief. Please let me know who got it. I emptied out my sent box so I don't remember where it went.

Forum Member

Smile T/O Gear narrative?

We will be requesting help for turnout gear this year as well. If anyone would be kind enough to share a successful narrative for it I have our successful narratives for SCBA, Breathing Air Compressor, Engine Refurb, communications, and SAFER to send back. Our department is a four station career 3,500 call a year urban department.

My work email is jhawthorne@lemontfire.com

My thanks as always to Brian and Kurt and all the others folks out there helping us! Bring on the snow.

MembersZone Subscriber

What are the cost limits for turn outs for 2011? ( Helmet, coat, pants, gloves, boots, hood)

Forum Member

Should be in line with the 2010 pricing. Right around $2,500 total.

Forum Member

Smile T/O Gear narrative?

We will be requesting help for turnout gear this year as well. If anyone would be kind enough to share a successful narrative for it I have our successful narratives for SCBA, Breathing Air Compressor, Engine Refurb, communications, and SAFER to send back. Our department is a four station career 3,500 call a year urban department.

My thanks as always to Brian and Kurt and all the other folks out there helping us! Bring on the snow.

MembersZone Subscriber

Jacket 900, pants 800, helments 200, boots 300, hood 25?, gloves?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by admpaul View Post
    EMS142 did you get the one I think I sent to you or did I send it to midwestchief. Please let me know who got it. I emptied out my sent box so I don't remember where it went.
    Must have sent it to EMS, I didn't get it. Figured it was just a typo earlier.
    Midwestchief

Forum Member

I did get your email thank you!

MembersZone Subscriber

Default turnout grant

Quote Originally Posted by admpaul View Post
    Midwestchief, i sent you one check your e mail.
    Good luck
    Hello

Our department is a volunteer department in a remote area. We will be applying for a grant for turnouts this year and would like to put in for a grant for new high pressure air packs next year. I see some of you have had success in applying for these grants. If you would share your applications it would be greatly appreciated. Please send to:

marty@aberdeenresort.com

Thanks

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BP305 View Post
    Hello

Our department is a volunteer department in a remote area. We will be applying for a grant for turnouts this year and would like to put in for a grant for new high pressure air packs next year. I see some of you have had success in applying for these grants. If you would share your applications it would be greatly appreciated. Please send to:

marty@aberdeenresort.com

Thanks
    Sent you 3 of them tonight. Good luck.

Forum Member

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by lemontfire1 View Post

My thanks as always to Brian and Kurt and all the other folks out there helping us! Bring on the snow.
    Turn-out narrative sent (awarded 4th round in December 2010). I need winning narratives for SCBA and a Thermal imaging Camera.
    Thanks,
    Brian
    Last edited by Clutchcargo1; 02-21-2011 at 08:12 PM.

Forum Member

Default Gear Grant

Can anyone help me out with a copy of their Turnout gear narrative? It would be appreciated.

Thanks

Forum Member

I would be eternally greatful for a copy as well. We are an extremely rural department that has been lucky enough to see a recent spike in membership, especially among the younger generation that have recently/or are in the process of completing FF1 & FF2. The problem is that there was a grant that was written and awarded in 05 for PPE for 20 sets of gear and 4 sets of scba and most of the ppe is either odd sizes or has been damaged. Unfortunately, the prior management of our volunteer company did not anticipate the future and this has left us scrambling for innovation. At the rate that our membership is growing, we dont have enough ppe for these members. Also, the gear that was awarded in 05 does not have the drag strap. Is this another selling point, or are we at a loss until the 10 years is up in 2015? My email is bethabbott49@yahoo.com

Forum Member

Kind of but not really. The DRD isn't an issue on why you need new gear, the issue is that X amount of sets don't fit the people properly. That's how injuries happen. Just have to lay out how many people have turned over that the gear was ordered for, and how many are left that are in pieced together gear that doesn't fit properly. May not get everyone a new set but as long as it is sized correctly and it's under 10 years then it's usable. Unless it's damaged beyond safety testing, in which case it gets thrown out and that person has no gear. Damaged gear happens no matter whose money buys it, they don't hold that against anyone.

Forum Member

sell it as the new members do not have appropriate ppg for them and because of gaining additional new members you want them ALL to be safe

Forum Member

I would be appreciative as well for copies of successful narratives for Turnout Gear apps. I tried for it in 2011 and have yet to hear anything as of yet. We are a rural volunteer fire dept that has seen a recent spike in membership and along with gear being over the 1o year limit drastically needs to get new gear. So I am going to start working on 2012 grants now. I am also looking for successful narratives for an engine / pumper. Any assistance that anyone could offer would again be greatly appreciated!!!

Thread Information