1. #1
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Eaton Ohio
    Posts
    5

    Default looking for some lights?

    hello my name is kyle been a firefighter for 8 years now and i was wondering what are some good grill mounted led strobes to put in the grill of my explorer. any help would be great. not looking for the best but decent i was what im looking for but best also works to.

    thx for the help and be safe out there everyone

  2. #2
    Forum Member
    PaladinKnight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,413

    Default

    Your first post and you are starting with lights?

    This is a can-of-worms topic here.

    Try google: "grille strobes"


    Guys... keep it civil.... he's new.


    firestorm2011: This subject has been beat to death... look through the topics and you will see much discussion on this.

    Welcome aboard sir,
    HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

  3. #3
    Forum Member
    DeputyChiefGonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Somewhere between genius and insanity!
    Posts
    13,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinKnight View Post
    Your first post and you are starting with lights?

    This is a can-of-worms topic here.

    Try google: "grille strobes"


    Guys... keep it civil.... he's new.


    firestorm2011: This subject has been beat to death... look through the topics and you will see much discussion on this.

    Welcome aboard sir,
    The "search" function is your friend....
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

  4. #4
    Forum Member
    Chenzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Rural WI
    Posts
    1,240

    Default

    elightbars.org


    Go there. Ask questions. They are light fanatics over there. Far too much wacker for me over there, but they may be able to help you out.

    saves us all the headache of the same old thread, too

  5. #5
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Eaton Ohio
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Thanks for all the help everyone. Most of my searches that i tried and found were lights that were outta my price range. but in recent months I have acquired a decent set of 4 (8 led head) {4 red led's and 4 white led's} in each unit for 200 bucks. They were all brand new fresh in the package and were only 49.99 each. So thanks again everyone for the help.

  6. #6
    Forum Member
    Miller337's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    934

    Default

    If you can't say anthing nice. If you can't say anything nice. If you can't say anything nice.I'm trying, I really am. Honest.

  7. #7
    Forum Member
    CaptOldTimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 1999
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,256

    Default

    Firestorm2011 - first of all you need to check with the State Motor Vehicle Code, in which you live, to see IF you are allowed to have such lights on your private vehicle.

    Every state has their own rules to this matter. Not all firefighters, career or volunteer are allowed to install lights or may be limited to the type, quanity and where they be mounted.

    As others have said, do a search, on these forums, on the subject and you will see many posts, rules and other comments concerning this.

    Check these:

    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/sear...?searchid=6028


    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...isghts+in+povs


    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...isghts+in+povs
    Last edited by CaptOldTimer; 01-25-2012 at 10:55 AM.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

    Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

  8. #8
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Eaton Ohio
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    Firestorm2011 - first of all you need to check with the State Motor Vehicle Code, in which you live, to see IF you are allowed to have such lights on your private vehicle.

    Every state has their own rules to this matter. Not all firefighters, career or volunteer are allowed to install lights or may be limited to the type, quanity and where they be mounted.

    As others have said, do a search, on these forums, on the subject and you will see many posts, rules and other comments concerning this.

    Check these:

    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/sear...?searchid=6028


    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...isghts+in+povs


    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...isghts+in+povs
    I already know what I can and cant have I'm just looking for lights but I have already found what I am looking for. I'm going to actually buy another 4 of these lights that I have bought already. Thanks for what ever help was given but this thread is dead as of this comment.

  9. #9
    Forum Member
    CaptOldTimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 1999
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by firestorm2011 View Post
    I already know what I can and cant have I'm just looking for lights but I have already found what I am looking for. I'm going to actually buy another 4 of these lights that I have bought already. Thanks for what ever help was given but this thread is dead as of this comment.
    The thread was dead when you sign on and began it.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

    Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

  10. #10
    Forum Member
    Miller337's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by firestorm2011 View Post
    I already know what I can and cant have I'm just looking for lights but I have already found what I am looking for. I'm going to actually buy another 4 of these lights that I have bought already. Thanks for what ever help was given but this thread is dead as of this comment.
    And I was supposed to be nice. Screw nice. You worthless, ignorant, snotnosed, rude, wannabee punk go slap your crappy lights on your POV so you too can go "CODE 3" and stand there (if you make it without wrecking or killing anyone) with your finger in your tucas trying to look like a big deal being a yard maggot.

    OOOPS, sorry everyone just kinda slipped out there.

  11. #11
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Eaton Ohio
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miller337 View Post
    And I was supposed to be nice. Screw nice. You worthless, ignorant, snotnosed, rude, wannabee punk go slap your crappy lights on your POV so you too can go "CODE 3" and stand there (if you make it without wrecking or killing anyone) with your finger in your tucas trying to look like a big deal being a yard maggot.

    OOOPS, sorry everyone just kinda slipped out there.
    ok miller way to be professional. I was just one firefighter asking a question to other firefighters. Didn't really appreciate the comment there.

  12. #12
    Forum Member
    Miller337's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by firestorm2011 View Post
    ok miller way to be professional. I was just one firefighter asking a question to other firefighters. Didn't really appreciate the comment there.
    Gosh, Mighty Firestorm I thought you had declared this thread dead after you expained how you know everthing in a touchingly consending manner.

  13. #13
    MembersZone Subscriber
    LVFD301's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by firestorm2011 View Post
    Thanks for what ever help was given but this thread is dead as of this comment.
    Wow. Is that how it works? You simply declare it dead and no one else replies?

    Anyways, remember, you get what you pay for. A dirt cheap LED is going to still be a dirt cheap LED.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Amber lights and POV's?
    By XRaysJL in forum Probie House: The Place for Newbies
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-19-2008, 11:25 AM
  2. blue light no more
    By Frenchie477 in forum New York
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-13-2006, 08:49 AM
  3. Vehicle Inspection Forms
    By cctrtlt2 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-21-2006, 01:47 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-02-2004, 07:53 AM
  5. RFP's
    By D Littrell in forum Apparatus Innovation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-08-2000, 06:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register