55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Thumbs up Ten Thousand..........

For the past week or so, I spent a bit of time wondering what I'd have to say for my 10,000th post here. There really isn't anything that fits, except a Big

THANK YOU!!

To everyone. I've seen a few posters come and go, and sadly, a few Morons or Trolls or whatever we call them, have run things downhill a bit. Some really Good Firefighters/Officers/Chiefs have wandered off, largely because of the BS. On the other hand, the WT is trying to do things right (mostly) but they're short handed, and they all have other duties that pre-empt doing WT things sometimes.

I'm not going anywhere myself, this place feels too much like home, complete with squabbling kids........ But anyway, Thanks to everyone for all the Advice, Information, Friendship, and on one sad occasion, Condolences. May the Forums remain here and open to all for a Long Time to Come............ God Bless You All. Harve
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hwoods View Post
    For the past week or so, I spent a bit of time wondering what I'd have to say for my 10,000th post here. There really isn't anything that fits, except a Big

THANK YOU!!

To everyone. I've seen a few posters come and go, and sadly, a few Morons or Trolls or whatever we call them, have run things downhill a bit. Some really Good Firefighters/Officers/Chiefs have wandered off, largely because of the BS. On the other hand, the WT is trying to do things right (mostly) but they're short handed, and they all have other duties that pre-empt doing WT things sometimes.

I'm not going anywhere myself, this place feels too much like home, complete with squabbling kids........ But anyway, Thanks to everyone for all the Advice, Information, Friendship, and on one sad occasion, Condolences. May the Forums remain here and open to all for a Long Time to Come............ God Bless You All. Harve
    Thanks Harve, your more than a gentleman, and certainly have contributed in a positive light. Thanks, I enjoy reading your posts...cant wait to see your 100,000.

Forum Member

You're a fount of wisdom, a treasure trove of laughs, and a credit to the human race, Harve. We're well-served to have guys like you around here.

Now don't post for a little while so you can ogle that even 10,000 on your profile for a while!
    “I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.”
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Forum Member

Harve, you are like the wise old Grandfather here on the forums, and we love you, even if your apparatus are all the wrong color!!!!!!!
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

THANK YOU!!

To everyone. I've seen a few posters come and go, and sadly, a few Morons or whatever we call them, have run things downhill a bit. Some really Good Firefighters/Officers/Chiefs have wandered off, largely because of the BS. On the other hand, the WT is trying to do things right (mostly) but they're short handed, and they all have other duties that pre-empt doing WT things sometimes.

Chief Harve,

I am not sure if I can maintain good enough attitude to make it to 10,000 myself, but I value your experience. We are normally on the same page about stuff, but even when we are not, I value your opinion and perspective that comes from you serving in multiple facets of the fire service.

A big, "no, no..........thank you!!!"

Just so you know, I'm not being that nice to you again until you make it to 15K.
    RK
    cell #901-494-9437

Management is making sure things are done right. Leadership is doing the right thing. The fire service needs alot more leaders and a lot less managers.

"Everyone goes home" is the mantra for the pussification of the modern, American fire service.

Comments made are my own. They do not represent the official position or opinion of the Fire Department or the City for which I am employed. In fact, they are normally exactly the opposite.

Forum Member

YELLOW??? Are you serious???

Thanks for sharing your knowlege and experience!

Forum Member

Hmmn,where is Marvin? Harve ought to have those ten thousand lil pills to go for each post. You know, the ten thousand instant Martians,just add water,hehe. Here's to 10,000 more Harve! T.C.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MemphisE34a View Post
    Chief Harve,

I am not sure if I can maintain good enough attitude to make it to 10,000 myself, but I value your experience. We are normally on the same page about stuff, but even when we are not, I value your opinion and perspective that comes from you serving in multiple facets of the fire service.

A big, "no, no..........thank you!!!"

Just so you know, I'm not being that nice to you again until you make it to 15K.
    Ya,you WILL! I'll drag you kicking and screaming into it. T.C.

Forum Member

THANK YOU!!

No, thank you Harve. Thanks for the interesting posts to read, the insightful information, and for stepping in at times when tempers were flaring abit and helping to calm things down.

You sir are one that I look up to.

MembersZone Subscriber

Here's to 10k more Harve!

MembersZone Subscriber

Congrats Harve, Looking forward to 10,000 most posts of your wisdom.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    Hmmn,where is Marvin? Harve ought to have those ten thousand lil pills to go for each post. You know, the ten thousand instant Martians,just add water,hehe. Here's to 10,000 more Harve! T.C.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Nice to have guys like you around to listen to.

Thanks
    Bring enough hose.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Harve, you are like the wise old Grandfather here on the forums, and we love you, even if your apparatus are all the wrong color!!!!!!!
    You just had to go and pick on Grandpa's trucks didn't you. You know you'd love to work off one our beautiful yellow engines.

Harve thanks for all that you do and have done. This place would not be the same without you, Brother.
    Stay Safe
    Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
    - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
    -WINSTON CHURCHILL

Forum Member

Congrats Sir, it has been very informative reading your posts. You'll always have my respect and attention.

FM1
    I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF
    "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BULL321 View Post
    You know you'd love to work off one our beautiful yellow engines.
    Like I have said before...We loved our yellow trucks so much that we overwhelmingly voted to go back to red!!!!!!!
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Congrats you old fossil. Kept on posting wise one!!

They only one that was close I think was the scarecrow and they banned him from these parts!!!
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

MembersZone Subscriber

Congrats Chief. I always enjoy your insight and your humor.

Forum Member

Default Thanks...

Thanks for keeping it real and at times light hearted around here.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Respectfully,
    Jay Dudley
    Retired Fire
    Background Investigator
    IACOJ-Member
    Lifetime Member CSFA
    IAFF Alumni Member

Forum Member

Congrats hwoods!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BULL321 View Post
    You just had to go and pick on Grandpa's trucks didn't you. You know you'd love to work off one our beautiful yellow engines.
    At least they are not lime green...

Back In Black

Thanks for your comments and input on each of those 10k posts.

Now, what will you comment on in post 10,001?
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefKN View Post

Now, what will you comment on in post 10,001?
    Good question...

Forum Member

Harve...

When we look up an example of an Officer and Gentlemen, your picture and bio is displayed.

I am proud to know you, even though you still have that musky odor of the stables...

You have set the Standard and raised the bar so high that most of us can only hope to stand in your shadow.

Well Done sir...
    HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinKnight View Post
    Harve...

When we look up an example of an Officer and Gentlemen, your picture and bio is displayed.

You have set the Standard and raised the bar so high that most of us can only hope to stand in your shadow.

Well Done sir...
    When we look up an example of leadership, we would also find your picture and bio displayed. It is an honor to know you sir. Thank you for taking the time to share your knowledge.

Thread Information