Thread: Glove Corp

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyChiefGonzo View Post
    The bitterness of poor quality reamins long after the sweetness of low price, and in this case, the pain and suffering can be career ending.

Caveat emptor.

Good morning, Ray!

Your quote means nothing though in this instance. The blazefighter is NOT a cheap glove!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    How come your doctor has both his hands on your shoulders while giving you that exam?
    Because I'm a government employee duh.

But he forgot my iron chasity belt with only one key that opens the greatest treasure in all the land
    Co 11
    Virginia Beach FD

Amateurs practice until they get it right; professionals practice until they cannot get it wrong. Which one are you?

'The fire went out and nobody got hurt' is a poor excuse for a fireground critique.

Forum Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by blaster668 View Post
    Your quote means nothing though in this instance. The blazefighter is NOT a cheap glove!
    No but it is a cheap copy made overseas and NOW it is a non existent company that is on the lam to avoid lawsuits.

BUYER BEWARE of the "kool " things that show up on the market.
    Give me elk hide over polyester any day!

Forum Member

Changing materials after the testing phase of a glove is a dirty way to do business. Makes me want to replace all of our Glove Corp. X3s that we issed to a few guys.
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by islandfire03 View Post
    No but it is a cheap copy made overseas and NOW it is a non existent company that is on the lam to avoid lawsuits.
    According to their website, they WERE manufacturered in Arkansas with headquarters in Indiana. I have the Blazefighter EXT and really like them so far. It is a shame another US company is shutting their doors if this what is happening.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by imafireman View Post
    It is a shame another US company is shutting their doors if this what is happening.
    You're right. The injuries caused by doing dirty business practices pales in comparision.
    Co 11
    Virginia Beach FD

Amateurs practice until they get it right; professionals practice until they cannot get it wrong. Which one are you?

'The fire went out and nobody got hurt' is a poor excuse for a fireground critique.

MembersZone Subscriber

For those who like to blame everything on LOW BID, these gloves were not. Having been part of the pilot program to evaluate the replacements for the horrendous FireGuard Commander Oven mitts I can tell you that the glove selected was chosen because of it's field performance compared to the other test gloves. The other gloves tested included, the dragonfire alpha, the pro-tech 8, Super gloves, and a few others. This glove was the best overall based on the feedback from the users. The gloves were tested by engines, trucks and rescues in various parts of the city and evaluations were submitted to FDNY R & D before any decision to purchase was made.
    To me it seems more like a quality control issue from a company getting too big too fast. Hopefully those folks Building fire trucks in Louisiana will take note too... this can happen to you, this is not the first vendor to go under from dealings with the FDNY and it will surely not be the last.
    As for those who think our bunker gear is the best because it is what we have, think again, try what is out there and make informed decisions on what works best for you. The morning pride deal was made long ago in a different era with alot of politics involved. I would venture a guess that if a field eval of different bunker gear was offered to members today the outcome would not be favorable to MP...

FIREMAN 1st GRADE

Quote Originally Posted by jfTL41 View Post
    For those who like to blame everything on LOW BID, these gloves were not. Having been part of the pilot program to evaluate the replacements for the horrendous FireGuard Commander Oven mitts I can tell you that the glove selected was chosen because of it's field performance compared to the other test gloves. The other gloves tested included, the dragonfire alpha, the pro-tech 8, Super gloves, and a few others. This glove was the best overall based on the feedback from the users. The gloves were tested by engines, trucks and rescues in various parts of the city and evaluations were submitted to FDNY R & D before any decision to purchase was made.
    To me it seems more like a quality control issue from a company getting too big too fast. Hopefully those folks Building fire trucks in Louisiana will take note too... this can happen to you, this is not the first vendor to go under from dealings with the FDNY and it will surely not be the last.
    As for those who think our bunker gear is the best because it is what we have, think again, try what is out there and make informed decisions on what works best for you. The morning pride deal was made long ago in a different era with alot of politics involved. I would venture a guess that if a field eval of different bunker gear was offered to members today the outcome would not be favorable to MP...
    key words: The analysis revealed that the manufacturer had changed one of the materials used in the gloves. The change from a cotton fiber to a polyester blend made the gloves noncompliant with the national safety standards.
    ALL GAVE SOME BUT SOME GAVE ALL
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    CAPT. Frank Callahan Ladder 35 *
    LT. John Ginley Engine 40
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40
    FF. Jimmy Giberson Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Otten Ladder 35 *
    FF. Steve Mercado Engine 40 *
    FF. Kevin Bracken Engine 40 *
    FF. Vincent Morello Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Roberts Ladder 35 *
    FF. Michael Lynch Engine 40
    FF. Michael Dauria Engine 40

Charleston 9
    "If my job was easy a cop would be doing it."
    *******************CLICK HERE*****************

Forum Member

...The other gloves tested included, the dragonfire alpha, the pro-tech 8, Super gloves, and a few others...
    We just started switching to the dragonfire's ourselves. Have been very happy with them. Would be curious to see/know what results were found in the city, as you would put more wear/tear on them than I will.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

FH Home page has this on their news bulletin

http://www.firehouse.com/news/top-he...ighters-burned
    "You see things and you ask, 'Why'? I dream of things that never were and I say, 'Why not'?

"I used to work in a fire hydrant factory. You couldn't park anywhere near the place."

"When you are kind to someone in trouble, you hope they'll remember and be kind to someone else. And it'll become like a wildfire."

Forum Member

What a shame and shame on them. I have one of the original pairs of these gloves and I love them. Not only did they go out of business, they should be held criminally liable for the injured firefighters.
    Jason Brooks
    IAFF Local 2388
    IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

Already switched back out to my blue oven mitts.

Forum Member

See firefighterclosecalls for more infomation.

BillyG is on top of it.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

MembersZone Subscriber

To me it seems more like a quality control issue from a company getting too big too fast. Hopefully those folks Building fire trucks in Louisiana will take note too...
    Ferrara?

You get what you spec out. If you spec out a ****ty cheap truck, thats exactly what you get. I've seen a cheap chief give his guys a real POS truck because he cut corners every way possible while our truck was scanned over with a fine tooth comb and has never given us any unusual problems. Dont be mad at them for your buyer's mistake.
    ‎"I was always taught..." Four words impacting fire service education in the most negative of ways. -Bill Carey

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tajm611 View Post
    Ferrara?

You get what you spec out. If you spec out a ****ty cheap truck, thats exactly what you get. I've seen a cheap chief give his guys a real POS truck because he cut corners every way possible while our truck was scanned over with a fine tooth comb and has never given us any unusual problems. Dont be mad at them for your buyer's mistake.
    I agreed with you other times, but you are getting in way over your head with these comments.
    Last edited by nyckftbl; 02-04-2011 at 09:53 PM.
    Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by E40FDNYL35 View Post
    key words: The analysis revealed that the manufacturer had changed one of the materials used in the gloves. The change from a cotton fiber to a polyester blend made the gloves noncompliant with the national safety standards.
    Unbelievable.... So you pull a bait-and-switch on the busiest fire department in the world, and think you'll actually get away with it?

Please. These guys make Decca Records look intelligent.

MembersZone Subscriber

I am an even smaller glove company. Some say I'm the smallest glove company ever. I'm selling my FF gloves for even FURTHER BELOW COST. Due to a shipping error, I'm overloaded with [item] and I'm passing these savings on to you!
    ‎"I was always taught..." Four words impacting fire service education in the most negative of ways. -Bill Carey

Forum Member

I can even beat that deal! I am willing to GIVE my only pair away! Thats right, you will pay NOTHING for my pair of gloves. All you will have to do is pay a small shipping and processing fee. Of course my idea of small and yours may differ. But non the less, the gloves themselves are free!

MembersZone Subscriber

I will not be undersold! I will actuall PAY you to wear my gloves!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tajm611 View Post
    I will not be undersold! I will actuall PAY you to wear my gloves!
    Excellant.

Thread Information