Back In Black

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyMarshal View Post
    Seriously? You might want to think twice next time about posting something that foolish that she did on an open internet forum. What were you thinking?
    Thats pretty lame, man.

You go out of your way to get under people's skin on here... strange.
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Forum Member

FFI, there might be some statute under FCC regs that applies, since those arse-wipes used a land line to try and run their scam. Maybe check out that angle. Good luck!

Forum Member

Default Problems

I feel your pain with the scammers that are out there. I hope it gets resolved. My beef is what has happened here. It seems that when a person tries to get a problem fixed by asking those of us on this site get slammed by some individuals. How about we help a brother or sister out instead of berating them or their wives or significant others. I think the time is now to start thinking before you send in a response.

Just my 2 cents....
    Respectfully,
    Jay Dudley
    Retired Fire
    Background Investigator
    IACOJ-Member
    Lifetime Member CSFA
    IAFF Alumni Member

Truckie

Certain things are usually off limits in the house, like kids and spouses. But you would only know that if you spent anytime in a house.
    firefightinirish217, thanks for sharing. Its refreshing to know that Im not the only one not perfect or with a perfect lady. But then again, she is perfect for me!!
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by firefightinirish217 View Post
    I have important imformation on a scam that was pulled on my wife today.

To start these people go by the name United Legal Alliance. They say they are out of San Antonio, TX and use a number, 210-280-8017, which according to my online cell phone information belongs to a Babcock, not ULA. They are actually located in Cincinatti, OH according to someone that claims to be a former employee on a discussion forum for phone scams.

Anyway, they called my dad today and he passed the number on to my wife. She called them back and they said that they were trying to serve a court subpeona on a credit card that I supposedly owed over a thousand dollars on and refused to pay. Well, for one, that credit card was closed BEFORE I joined the Marine Corps, and second, if I had any kind of amount on my credit report owed like that I would not have the secret clearance I have today, and the Navy investigators are pretty thourough about that.

Well, it scared my wife and she set up a 600+ dollar payment for them through our bank. But, she didn't think something was right so she looked them up on the internet and found pages upon pages about this company and their scam. SO, we went to the bank and closed the account and opened a new one that they can't touch.

I called this company back, after checking my credit report to make sure that account was indeed closed. After asking them questions needing specific answers they hung up on me several times. I got fed up with it and started threatening them with getting NCIS and JAG involved and then they got beligerent and angry and resorted to name calling, mainly calling me a bitch and hanging up on me. SO, I decided to keep harrassing the hell out of them until they closed shop for the night.

If you get a message from these people and they leave a 210-280-8017 number, DO NOT give them ANY money. I have a SSgt that has recruiter friends in Cincinatti that are going to go and pay this company a visit. They just might get a visit from NCIS after all.

Just thought I'd pass this on to you guys so you don't have to go through what I did today. Make sure your spouses and families get this information. They use anything from restraining orders, bad credit issues, and court appearances as ways to scare you. I quite enjoyed calling them and getting them all worked up and ****ed. It was fun harrassing the **** out of them. I might even do it again tomorrow.
    Good luck putting this beast down. Thanks for the tip. I dumped my landline and have software in my cell phone that blocks calls that aren't in my address book. Since these folks don't leave voice mails, it's cut way down on my telemarketing and scam type calls.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by firecat1 View Post
    FFI, there might be some statute under FCC regs that applies, since those arse-wipes used a land line to try and run their scam. Maybe check out that angle. Good luck!
    Thanks for the tip, never even thought of that route. I will bring that up to the JAG lawyer on Monday as well.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SPFDRum View Post
    Certain things are usually off limits in the house, like kids and spouses. But you would only know that if you spent anytime in a house.
    firefightinirish217, thanks for sharing. Its refreshing to know that Im not the only one not perfect or with a perfect lady. But then again, she is perfect for me!!
    HAHA, my thoughts exactly. It only takes a guy one time inthe house to say something about a wife or a kid and their butt gets an education on the error of their ways. I feel the same about my wife brother.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JayDudley View Post
    I feel your pain with the scammers that are out there. I hope it gets resolved. My beef is what has happened here. It seems that when a person tries to get a problem fixed by asking those of us on this site get slammed by some individuals. How about we help a brother or sister out instead of berating them or their wives or significant others. I think the time is now to start thinking before you send in a response.

Just my 2 cents....
    What's even worse is I got sucked into that little attitude for a bit. I've learned that I had a lapse in judgement and try not to hit folks that are down already.

The kicker of it is, I was just trying to share some useful info about a scam going on. Perhaps DeputyDipschlitts will get a little taste of being done wrong like that before he'll go casting stones again.

Anyway, thanks for stating what I was thinking, but in a more civil manner, haha.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by notfruitybutloopy View Post
    I read that and thought about doing the same thing, mainly thinking of writing a program that calls them and plays back microphone feed back.
    Just set a plain old fax machine on redial. That thing barking in their ear will drive them crazy.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Acklan View Post
    Just set a plain old fax machine on redial. That thing barking in their ear will drive them crazy.
    Thank you soooo much for the awesome idea. I wish I had a fax that I could tie up doing that. I guess I'll just settle for the fact that I harrassed them so much that they finally begged me to stop calling them, haha.

Forum Member

If DeputyMarshal were a native American Indian, his name would have been "Face like a Dick."

If he were an ancient roman, his name would have been "Ballbaggius Maximus."

Anyways, what's the latest SitRep on this??? Did JAG sink their teeth into it?
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

I don't know you firefighinirish, but thank's for the tip. Hope things work out for ya.

Forum Member

Insulting his wife isnít going to help his situation. I mean Iím all for ball busting, but thereís no reason to bring his wife into.

You might as well go after his children while youíre at it.

Forum Member

Ok, sorry for the long time on the update. Basically I had to report them to the federal trade commission. Of course, that wasn't enough for me. So, I called them 18 times within a 24 hour period. By the time I was done asking them questions and threatening them with legal pursuit the manger, whom called me a bitch as you will recall, begged me, not asked, but begged me to stop calling them and harrassing her employees. Mission accomplished. Not one word back from them ever either. HAHAHAHAHAHA, that was my evil laugh in case you couldn't hear it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by firefightinirish217 View Post
    Ok, sorry for the long time on the update. Basically I had to report them to the federal trade commission. Of course, that wasn't enough for me. So, I called them 18 times within a 24 hour period. By the time I was done asking them questions and threatening them with legal pursuit the manger, whom called me a bitch as you will recall, begged me, not asked, but begged me to stop calling them and harrassing her employees. Mission accomplished. Not one word back from them ever either. HAHAHAHAHAHA, that was my evil laugh in case you couldn't hear it.
    Way to go Jarhead. Good man, you can be in my company any day!
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

Don't let DeputyMarshall get to you, man. I reckon he's just looking to stir up trouble for a bit fo fun. Some people have nothing better to do than pick a fight over a person who is not on here to give him an earful back.
    It's not the destination, but the journey that matters.

Stay safe

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    Way to go Jarhead. Good man, you can be in my company any day!
    Thanks COT, would be an honor.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaryJane69 View Post
    Don't let DeputyMarshall get to you, man. I reckon he's just looking to stir up trouble for a bit fo fun. Some people have nothing better to do than pick a fight over a person who is not on here to give him an earful back.
    Thanks MJ, I've got his number. I pretty much did the same thing to him that I did to the frauders.

Forum Member

Jumping on a bro's wife for being worried about her husband and not thinking it through.Kinda low,man.I don't know fighting irish except through this forum but I doubt he's the kind of fella that would get into that kind of trouble.

Back on topic:
    I've often gotten emails from someone claiming to be a soldier who's found a pile of gold and is trying to get it out of Iraq or another part of the sandbox and needs MY help.
    Though flattered and I could use the percentage they claim they'll give me,I have a policy of forwarding those types of emails to my brother in law who works at NSA Millington and knows a few guys at NCIS.If they've done anything to the folks sending out those emails,I haven't heard about it.However,the emails from people claiming to be Marines or other branch members in possession of ill gotten gains has dropped to zero.
    I hope that y'all stay alert for people trying to slice off a piece of cash that isn't theirs and expect you to stand still while they do it.
    Non Illigitimus Carborundum and keep thoughts of retribuition against the scammers to yourself.Someone might be called to testify and you'd be putting a friend in a tight spot against you.
    Last edited by doughesson; 05-02-2011 at 04:13 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by doughesson View Post
    Jumping on a bro's wife for being worried about her husband and not thinking it through.Kinda low,man.I don't know fighting irish except through this forum but I doubt he's the kind of fella that would get into that kind of trouble.
    Thank you sir, and no, I wouldn't allow myself to get into that kind of trouble.

Back on topic:
    I've often gotten emails from someone claiming to be a soldier who's found a pile of gold and is trying to get it out of Iraq or another part of the sandbox and needs MY help.
    Though flattered and I could use the percentage they claim they'll give me,I have a policy of forwarding those types of emails to my brother in law who works at NSA Millington and knows a few guys at NCIS.If they've done anything to the folks sending out those emails,I haven't heard about it.However,the emails from people claiming to be Marines or other branch members in possession of ill gotten gains has dropped to zero.
    I hope that y'all stay alert for people trying to slice off a piece of cash that isn't theirs and expect you to stand still while they do it.
    Non Illigitimus Carborundum and keep thoughts of retribuition against the scammers to yourself.Someone might be called to testify and you'd be putting a friend in a tight spot against you.
    Wow, bizarre indeed brother.

Thread Information