Forum Member

Default IMPORTANT!!! Please read, even if you don't like me, it's about a terrible scam!

I have important imformation on a scam that was pulled on my wife today.

To start these people go by the name United Legal Alliance. They say they are out of San Antonio, TX and use a number, 210-280-8017, which according to my online cell phone information belongs to a Babcock, not ULA. They are actually located in Cincinatti, OH according to someone that claims to be a former employee on a discussion forum for phone scams.

Anyway, they called my dad today and he passed the number on to my wife. She called them back and they said that they were trying to serve a court subpeona on a credit card that I supposedly owed over a thousand dollars on and refused to pay. Well, for one, that credit card was closed BEFORE I joined the Marine Corps, and second, if I had any kind of amount on my credit report owed like that I would not have the secret clearance I have today, and the Navy investigators are pretty thourough about that.

Well, it scared my wife and she set up a 600+ dollar payment for them through our bank. But, she didn't think something was right so she looked them up on the internet and found pages upon pages about this company and their scam. SO, we went to the bank and closed the account and opened a new one that they can't touch.

I called this company back, after checking my credit report to make sure that account was indeed closed. After asking them questions needing specific answers they hung up on me several times. I got fed up with it and started threatening them with getting NCIS and JAG involved and then they got beligerent and angry and resorted to name calling, mainly calling me a bitch and hanging up on me. SO, I decided to keep harrassing the hell out of them until they closed shop for the night.

If you get a message from these people and they leave a 210-280-8017 number, DO NOT give them ANY money. I have a SSgt that has recruiter friends in Cincinatti that are going to go and pay this company a visit. They just might get a visit from NCIS after all.

Just thought I'd pass this on to you guys so you don't have to go through what I did today. Make sure your spouses and families get this information. They use anything from restraining orders, bad credit issues, and court appearances as ways to scare you. I quite enjoyed calling them and getting them all worked up and ****ed. It was fun harrassing the **** out of them. I might even do it again tomorrow.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by firefightinirish217 View Post
    Well, it scared my wife and she set up a 600+ dollar payment for them through our bank.
    Jumpin' Jeebus, FFI, how fcuking blond is she? Seriously, who in their right mind does anything that boneheaded?
    "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"

The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyMarshal View Post
    Jumpin' Jeebus, FFI, how fcuking blond is she? Seriously, who in their right mind does anything that boneheaded?
    Really, that's all you have to say is to insult my wife man? She made a mistake, they scared her with legal mumbo jumbo. I took care of the issue, just trying to warn others of what is going on.

I would appreciate if you wouldn't make stupid remarks like that about my wife.

Forum Member

Exclamation

No fussing with you or your wife, but no one should fall for that crap and send money without first checking with the BBB and getting your FREE credit reports from the three agencies first.

Getting that credit report would show either you did default or that you didn't.
    Contact the FBI and your bank post haste and get the bank to stop the funds.

No one is going to scare me into sending money if I know that I didn't owe the suckers and if I did have a card that had some money due, I would not do as they said but call the card company of I did owe it and work out something.

Let's talk fire trucks!

Really, you have to insult the guy's wife? C'mon man...
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnee View Post
    No fussing with you or your wife, but no one should fall for that crap and send money without first checking with the BBB and getting your FREE credit reports from the three agencies first.

Getting that credit report would show either you did default or that you didn't.
    Contact the FBI and your bank post haste and get the bank to stop the funds.

No one is going to scare me into sending money if I know that I didn't owe the suckers and if I did have a card that had some money due, I would not do as they said but call the card company of I did owe it and work out something.
    She knows better now, they just scared her. I was at work and left immediately when she called me. We went straight to the bank and everything is squared away now. Now that I have thier real address I will probably pursue them legally through JAG or NCIS, whichever one handles it. Don't know if it's worth it though. I would just hate for someone else to go throught htis garbage. The first thing I did was check my credit report to make sure that that account had indeed been closed, and it was just as I remembered.
    Last edited by firefightinirish217; 02-01-2011 at 08:54 PM.

Forum Member

Thumbs down

I would have expected better from you. Not insulting the man's wife in a public forum!

Forum Member

I would have expected better from you. Not insulting the man's wife in a public forum!
    Thanks, at least you were respectful with your response. Not sure what deputymarshall's deal is, but you just don't talk about a man's wife, or kids for that matter, like that. Where I come from that would start a fight. I don't mind a little respectful criticism, as your post was.

Forum Member

Sent you a pm.

I hope you can get this company's arz for this!!

Hang tough Marine!
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    Sent you a pm.

I hope you can get this company's arz for this!!

Hang tough Marine!
    Thank you sir. My SSgt was a recruiter in Cincinnati, he's gonna make some calls to his recruiter buddies up there to see what they can find out about these jokers. I want them in jail. If I can, I plan on pursuing them through the military legal system, if not, at least I can inform as many foks as possible about the issue. Their first mistake was choosing a Marine to try and victimize. I have nothing better to do than harrass them and make their life miserable.
    Last edited by firefightinirish217; 02-01-2011 at 11:00 PM.

Forum Member

Thanks, at least you were respectful with your response. Not sure what deputymarshall's deal is, but you just don't talk about a man's wife, or kids for that matter, like that. Where I come from that would start a fight. I don't mind a little respectful criticism, as your post was.
    Nobody listens to the DeputyPirate anyway.

The code is more what you'd call guidelines than actual rules (winky pirate face).

My teenage daughter loves those movies as well. DP keeps to the code you know, he's one of Johnny Depp's pirates, big fan, pickles and all.....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by pipeman_shortname View Post
    Nobody listens to the DeputyPirate anyway.

The code is more what you'd call guidelines than actual rules (winky pirate face).

My teenage daughter loves those movies as well. DP keeps to the code you know, he's one of Johnny Depp's pirates, big fan, pickles and all.....
    HAHA, too funny. My 7 year old loves those movies, I dread her teen years. I don't worry nearly as much about her as I do my 3 year old though, she's a rebel.

Savage / Hyneman 08'

Thanks for sharing the info. You have to protect yourself.

I had some incidents a decade ago when I had some financial issues. I got myself into debt I couldn't handle until I got a consolidation loan. Paid off all my high interest debts, got letters declaring my accounts paid in full, did everything right to clean up my mess.

A month later I got a call on my dept cell phone ( I don't give out the number and it's not in my name ) from one of the companies I paid off, wanting to update my records with some basic info ( they already had this info. WTF?). Wouldn't say where he got my dept cell #.

He called back a couple days later saying I lied to him and now he needs more detailed info. I refused and confronted him with the fact that he called my sister-in-law who is 1000 miles away from me and gave her a B.S. story to get her to give up my private dept #. She thought it was an emergency so she gave it to him. He threatend me and hung up.

I called the main number for his ( a major "trusworthy" credit card co. ) company and started asking questions. They immediately transfered me to a supervisor that checked his computer and said this man did work there and has no business calling me, my dept is settled. He had no idea why I was getting phone calls from this guy, but he had no authorization to contact me and certainly not to harass me for personal info. The calls stopped, but I made additional phone calls to report this company anyways.

Now a month after that I got numerous messages at home from a company I've never heard of with a guy named Tyrone threatening me with major legal action if I didn't pay the $8000 I owed them. I checked my records to confirm I had not done business with them and called back the next day.

A nice lady answered Tyrone's direct line and said her desk was next to his so she answered his phone. She told me the records indicated I owed the money and said if I had any questions I should call a gov't hotline for reporting fraud. I asked her another question and she again told me to call the hotline and gave me the number. Hinted that I should call right away.

I called the hotline, made a report, and never heard from Tyrone or his company again. Nothing showed up on my credit report. I guess Tyrone's office mate had a conscience.

What a F'd up deal. Protect yourself. All it takes to look like a reputable company these days is a website that can be made for cheap, a computer, and a telephone and fax #.
    We do not rise to the occasion. We fall back to our level of training.

Forum Member

I go to talk to a Navy lawyer Monday morning.

Forum Member

Really, that's all you have to say is to insult my wife man? ... I would appreciate if you wouldn't make stupid remarks like that about my wife.
    Seriously? You might want to think twice next time about posting something that foolish that she did on an open internet forum. What were you thinking?
    Last edited by DeputyMarshal; 02-02-2011 at 04:55 PM.

Forum Member

I would expect anyone with a lick of sense not to post stories about how foolish their wife had been in a public forum. How do you think she'd feel about it?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by notfruitybutloopy View Post
    ^^

I read that and thought about doing the same thing, mainly thinking of writing a program that calls them and plays back microphone feed back.

It's going to happen one of these days that these guys are going to tap a mafia / drug cartel bank account, then I'm going to laugh as a favour is done to the world.
    Yeah, right.

Looking at the time you posted, you should have been in bed for an hour or so.

Better watch how you talk about the "family", so you never know who is part of the "family"!

Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

Seriously? You might want to think twice next time about posting something that foolish that she did on an open internet forum. What were you thinking?
    Had to retract my response, didn't want to sink to DeputyDipshiat's level.

Takes a real big man to pick on another man's wife that isn't thinking right right now because her horomones are all messed because she's pregnant and these people used scare tactics on her to force her into setting up a payment.

I mean, God forbid her loving me enough to fear me going to jail.
    Last edited by firefightinirish217; 02-02-2011 at 09:14 PM.

Forum Member

So, I called HSBC, Orchard Bank this evening to see if they ever do business with this United Legal Alliance company. They said they have never heard of them nor have they ever used them. JAG is gonna have a ball with this one. I smell blodd in the air.

Forum Member

Mother****er, what the **** is your problem? She made an honest mistake, doesn't make her a damn fool. Keep talking **** about my wife dick. You sir are a real piece of work, just so you know.
    Lighten up, Francis.

Forum Member

Hey DeputyDip****t, butt pirate, what the hell ever you are. Just go on with yourself. You were wrong for talking crap about my wife, you've been called on it by myself and two others on here. You're wrong, face it, and deal with it. Grow a pair and be a man and admit when you're wrong.

I tell you what, why don't you mosey your tough as hell internet self on down here to MCAS Cherry Point and look me up so you can muster up the courage to talk **** about my wife to my face, it'll get taken care of Marine Corps style.
    Last edited by firefightinirish217; 02-03-2011 at 06:40 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

So, I called HSBC, Orchard Bank this evening to see if they ever do business with this United Legal Alliance company. They said they have never heard of them nor have they ever used them. JAG is gonna have a ball with this one. I smell blodd in the air.
    I hope that you have better luck with this "issue" than most folks do. You see the problem with most "companys" like this is that they are not States side. There phone numbers are routed from a foreign country into an American town and then to victim. So catching them and prosecuting them damn near impossible. Plus, a lot of time the scam is a double edge sword, in that if you call the number back you will receive one hell of a phone bill. SO before you call the number back CHECK THE AREA CODE FIRST! If you call the number back there is nothing I nor the phone company can do for you because you did make the call. Your best bet is to file a report with your local agency for attempting to obtain property by false pretense and leave it be. I'll file a report on your behalf and that is about as far as it will and can go. By all means let your family and friends know what has occurred so they don't become victims as well but don;t get your hopes up about seeing any Justice done anytime soon. It sucks but it is what it is.
    Stay Safe
    Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
    - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
    -WINSTON CHURCHILL

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BULL321 View Post
    I hope that you have better luck with this "issue" than most folks do. You see the problem with most "companys" like this is that they are not States side. There phone numbers are routed from a foreign country into an American town and then to victim. So catching them and prosecuting them damn near impossible. Plus, a lot of time the scam is a double edge sword, in that if you call the number back you will receive one hell of a phone bill. SO before you call the number back CHECK THE AREA CODE FIRST! If you call the number back there is nothing I nor the phone company can do for you because you did make the call. Your best bet is to file a report with your local agency for attempting to obtain property by false pretense and leave it be. I'll file a report on your behalf and that is about as far as it will and can go. By all means let your family and friends know what has occurred so they don't become victims as well but don;t get your hopes up about seeing any Justice done anytime soon. It sucks but it is what it is.
    I called AT&T, they said it wasn't routing outside the states. But, what I did find out, via post from a disgruntled employee that posted on a scam alert site, is that they are not in San Antonio as they say they are, but in Cincinnati, OH. My SSgt was a recruiter in Cincinnati, he has buddies that are still recruiters up there, he's going to see if they'll go by there one day and check the place out. I mean the person gave out the street address and floor numbers as well. We'll see if it's legit.

The number that they are using is a San Antonio number, but, they are using a re-router to send people's calls to their offices in Cincinnati. The lady at AT&T said that since I called them and let them know about the situation that if there were any charges for any kind of international calls, they would take them off of my bill.

Oh, and they sent a copy of the "settlement", which is null and void now because I closed the account, to my email. So now, if they do get caught for some reason, I now have proof that they did try to take money illegally from me. The JAG lawyers want me to come in on Monday to talk to them. I think they're a little ****ed at these folks because they tried to take advantage of one of their own. Hopefully being a federal employee will have some kind of bearing on how they'll pursue this.

If nothing else, it gave me some happiness just to get under those idiot's skins and **** them all off. By luchtime today they were begging me to stop the payment or whatever I wanted and to please, please stop calling them and harrassing them. No ****, the supervisor lady that I kept calling actually begged me not to call them again. Too damn funny, and oh so satisfying, haha. My SSgt was laughing his *** off, I had them on speaker phone so that my SNCO's could be witnesses that they kept hanging up on me when I would ask for specific information or dig too far.

Also, when I mentioned that I knew they were in Cincinnati, the supervisor I was talking to got really quiet for a good long time before she finally tried to deny it. You know me BULL, I'm red headed, hot tempered, Irish lineage, and a Marine. Just can't let it go brother.

BTW, thanks for offering to help with it BULL, that means a lot. I think I'm gonna see what JAG wants to do with it first. They seemed pretty ****ed off at the people. They wanted me to come in tomorrow or Friday, but I let them know it would be Monday before I could go by there.
    Last edited by firefightinirish217; 02-02-2011 at 10:48 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

I called AT&T, they said it wasn't routing outside the states. But, what I did find out, via post from a disgruntled employee that posted on a scam alert site, is that they are not in San Antonio as they say they are, but in Cincinnati, OH. The number that they are using is a San Antonio number, but, they are using a re-router to send people's calls to their offices in Cincinnati. The lady at AT&T said that since I called them and let them know about the situation that if there were any charges for any kind of international calls, they would take them off of my bill.
    Good deal. That was smart of you to check before you called. Most victims are so mad they call the "subjects" back to give them a piece of their mind and get burnt.

Oh, and they sent a copy of the "settlement", which is null and void now because I closed the account, to my email. So now, if they do get caught for some reason, I now have proof that they did try to take money illegally from me. The JAG lawyers want me to come in on Monday to talk to them. I think they're a little ****ed at these folks because they tried to take advantage of one of their own. Hopefully being a federal employee will have some kind of bearing on how they'll pursue this.

The Feds, have more horsepower that us local LEOs so hopefully they will be able to nail the subjects

If nothing else, it gave me some happiness just to get under those idiot's skins and **** them all off. By luchtime today they were begging me to stop the payment or whatever I wanted and to please, please stop calling them and harrassing them. No ****, the supervisor lady that I kept calling actually begged me not to call them again. Too damn funny, and oh so satisfying, haha. My SSgt was laughing his *** off, I had them on speaker phone so that my SNCO's could be witnesses that they kept hanging up on me when I would ask for specific information or dig too far.

Also, when I mentioned that I knew they were in Cincinnati, the supervisor I was talking to got really quiet for a good long time before she finally tried to deny it. You know me BULL, I'm red headed, hot tempered, Irish lineage, and a Marine. Just can't let it go brother.
    Good Luck, I hope that you will be able to hammer their butts to the wall!
    Stay Safe
    Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
    - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
    -WINSTON CHURCHILL

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BULL321 View Post
    Good Luck, I hope that you will be able to hammer their butts to the wall!
    Me too brother, me too. Like I said though, if not, at least I got a little bit back by harrassing the **** out of them until they finally literally begged me to cancel the payment and stop calling them. I said I don't have to cancel the payment, the account is closed. It was so nice hearing the strain in that woman's voice when she begged me to please stop calling their office and harrassing them. I thought to myself, "Mission accomplished!"
    Last edited by firefightinirish217; 02-03-2011 at 06:40 AM.

Thread Information