Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Orlando Fire Dept. Testing 2011

Forum Member

Check your email and the city's website, you might have some good news.

Forum Member

Moving on! Can't wait for the FFST. I wish there was some way to know my score! I know several guys who didn't pass, and we're sure they did fine...so I'm interested to see how I did. Congrats brothers!

Forum Member

My score is up, either I'm extremely consistent and got the same score or it's showing the same one from 2012 under 2014

Forum Member

joe_carlos, check again.. it took sometime but it shows your raw score

Forum Member

Thanks guys! I got it. Passed with an 80. I'm pretty happy with that. Stoked for the next round.

MembersZone Subscriber

Anyone know what the passing score was for the test?

70%?
    Last edited by FirefighterPEP; 02-15-2014 at 08:59 AM.
    The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.

Forum Member

I heard 72 from a pretty good source. Also, I know a guy who got a 71 and an FW.

Forum Member

Hey can anybody who's taking the FFST before on this thread give me a little update to how they run it? i read in the first couple of posts that the dummy search failed a good amount of people and how that went? Anything will be greatly appreciated

Forum Member

Excited to take the ffst, good luck to everyone
    Last edited by FirefighterDJC; 02-18-2014 at 10:48 PM.

Forum Member

Good luck to those who passed. If you didn't pass this time around, don't give up, it has taken many people multiple attempts to pass the entry exam and become a member of the OFD.

The passing score was 72, from what I understand they took the top 126.

Good luck on the FFST. Remember your scores will average, so if you do well on the practical, you can really bring your written score to the top.

Forum Member

Orlando makes it fair by not factoring veteran preference until after testing.. vet/medic scored 71 =/ maybe next time guys.. wish you all good luck

Forum Member

The words of encouragement are much appreciated. I'm hopeful, as I'm sure everyone is, to score high, but Ill be happy if I complete the course after reading how difficult it can be.
    Last edited by FirefighterDJC; 02-21-2014 at 09:49 AM.

Forum Member

Anyone take the FFST yet? Mine's tomorrow. Just surprised by how quiet this thread has been. Good luck to all of you!

Forum Member

Not yet, mine's on the 10th. Anxiously waiting. Wish I'd have picked an earlier date now, anticipation killing me. Best of luck again to everyone.

Forum Member

I hear ya, brother! But think of it this way, you'll have a much shorter wait between test and score...and IMO that's the excruciating one!
    FirefighterDJC likes this.

Forum Member

That was challenging! Didn't realize how much cardio was involved.

After browsing the forum, last test they had scores out in 6 days. So hopefully we'll hear something by Monday.
    Last edited by FirefighterDJC; 03-11-2014 at 04:44 PM.

Forum Member

Anyone have a clue as to how many people they're taking first?

Forum Member

I've heard all sorts of rumors, from 10 to 40!

I'd say that it's most likely to be around 10 initially, followed by steady movement after that. I feel like you'll be in good shape if you are in the top 20, to get called up pretty quickly. Of course, where you're ranked doesn't always mean everything. They always reserve the right to pull from anywhere on the list that they like. And I'm sure they do. Politics get involved at some level

All this is merely speculation! Perhaps Layinonair can give some more specific info...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by joe_carlos59 View Post

I'd say that it's most likely to be around 10 initially, followed by steady movement after that. I feel like you'll be in good shape if you are in the top 20, to get called up pretty quickly. Of course, where you're ranked doesn't always mean everything. They always reserve the right to pull from anywhere on the list that they like. And I'm sure they do. Politics get involved at some level

All this is merely speculation! Perhaps Layinonair can give some more specific info...
    I'm not sure who said 10 to 40. But there won't be any large group coming on anytime soon. It'll be 1 for 1 and usually within 30 days of each person leaving the dept.

I would say those first 30 or so would get a call for the poly/interview so they have a group that are already good to go if need be.

I'll let you know if I hear anything, but just hang tight for scores and whatnot I'm sure they are coming soon.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by joe_carlos59 View Post

Where you finish doesn't mean they are going to hire in that order. I know first hand. I finished extremely high last time around and I believe 42 hires later I'm taking the test again. Last time they interviewed almost everyone on the list. I had good buddies get hired and both placed lower then I did, BUT politics play a lot. I've even heard they pulled some from the 100's in the second group hired.

I wish everyone luck and try not to get to excited until your wearing the uniform, there is still a lot to go through. I'm in the same spot everyone else is in again....waiting, trying not to get exicted.lol

Forum Member

You've got a lot of will power brother. Hopefully this time it pays off! I wonder what they were looking for in the 42 that they picked up.

Forum Member

lol thanks DJC. Not sure if it's will power or love being stressed for another year and a half. But I have learned and now realize when your done with the interview, your done. There is nothing else you can do. And if you really want to work for OFD, stay ready for the next test. There is no two year guarantee like people say, the last practical was in July/August of 2012. There is nothing worse then getting the email saying there is a new test and the list your on will end when the new one is made.

Forum Member

FF1029, where was your position on the list? Ya, you gotta think, there are a lot of applicants that have ties to the department already, and that's the kind of thing that helps you get picked up early. It's all about who you know! Well, maybe not ALL about, but at this point it doesn't hurt to be someone's cousin or brother in law or something...haha. Or go to church with the chief, or whatever tie in you could have. Brotherhood's the name of the game right? Plus I'm sure they have cultural and gender ratios to fill as well.

Forum Member

11th, I hear you with it matters who you know lol.. Most of the hires from what I was told was vets, gender/cultural, and legacy hires. Two guys I worked with got picked up. One from the first hire and one from the next to last group. One is a vet and the other plays on OFD's hockey team(the guy that got thrown out of the guns and hoses game a couple weeks ago if you went) lol

Forum Member

Check your emails folks!

Thread Information