Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Orlando Fire Dept. Testing 2011

Forum Member

Default Orlando Fire Dept. Testing 2011

Since the last Orlando thread was locked because people could not stay on topic. I made this one so we can continue to post info. about the ongoing testing process.

Forum Member

I took the agility yesterday(monday). I believe i did well and one of the LT's approached me after and talked with me saying he heard I did well on the test. I'm assuming that means I passed, now im just hoping I did well enough to move on. How did everyone else do, and what did you think about it?

MembersZone Subscriber

[QUOTE=FireFuss;1246524]I'm only going to say one thing, then I won't post in this topic any more since I'm no longer in the hiring process.

In the email to test that I got, it said you must bring the original copies of your fire/ems certs, a drivers license, and "this email" with the number assigned to you for the social written on it. If it had the dates for the PAT i missed that. And I deleted it already so I can't recheck, thats what I remember it having on it. Also, no one was given the specific date they would take the PAT until after they passed the written. I was only in Florida because my wife was interviewing down there. I had to fly back due to work since I couldn't get the time off. Up here you have to have paperwork in for MXTs at least 3 days in advance. I was on a flight back home on the 1st, and went back to work on the 2nd, and when I found out the PAT schedule I was AT work and working the day I was scheduled. blah blah blah...

I didn't feel like going here but ask the former Fire chief of Orlando if I tested there. He's my cousin by the way.

And good luck to everyone still going in the process. And I mean EVERYONE, I don't hold grudges against typed words. Orlando is THE place to work in central Florida.

If my family does end up down there, I'd be glad to share my story with you face to face.

Again, good luck ALL![/QU

Firefuss, no need to explain, we in central Florida know EXACTLY who u are. Orlando would be lucky to have a guy like u on the line. I saw a guy at chipotle here in o town the other day wearin a philly firefighters shirt and I thought it might of been you, didn't ask though. ...

In other news, I passed the agility today. I saw like 3 people fail, including one from my dept, just while I was there! To everyone that passes, I would think we would be sittin pretty nice right now...good luck!

Forum Member

Default question?

I tested on monday, if you failed they stopped you and sent you back to the class right? I felt like I did something wrong though I dont know what but they just sent me on to the next stage so it would have just been points off? Anyone know?

Forum Member

Does anyone know how big of an eligibility list OFD wants to make?
    Last edited by FloridaFireEMT; 02-09-2011 at 08:53 PM.

Forum Member

As of today, the testing for the FFST is done. Now the wait begins for the elgibilty list.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaFireEMT View Post
    Does anyone know how big of an eligibility list OFD wants to make?
    Unfortunately we don't know much more than you do right now. If the numbers stand true about how many people failed and gave up, I'd say most of you that finished have a pretty good shot of being in a decent place on the list. But I'm sure you'll know some numbers soon here.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by layinonair View Post
    If the numbers stand true about how many people failed and gave up
    Do you have any idea of a number of people that failed and gave up during the FFST? I know the dummy search and rescue failed a ton of people.

OFD just doing one hiring this year?
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BLSboy View Post
    Hey dude. More than likely this will be the only test this year. Ofd traditionally seems to test every 2 years but they keep the list and pull from it as needed it seems. You might here BS rumors of them giving another test because "not enough people passed the process". That's a rumor like every time they test it seems but never happens......

Forum Member

VESmedic check your PMs

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaFireEMT View Post
    VESmedic check your PMs
    Replied....

Quote Originally Posted by BLSboy View Post
    One test, Multiple hirings since we have to maintain the SAFER grant requirements for staffing.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default numbers

if anyone has numbers on how many are being hired or how many are still in the process please still post.

Quote Originally Posted by eric33014 View Post
    if anyone has numbers on how many are being hired or how many are still in the process please still post.
    Every person that leaves the dept, one will be hired. There isn't a "set" number of how many will be hired off this list or the extent of how long it will be kept.

Emails should have gone out today for those who passed and are on the application.. Count the email addresses and that will tell you how many passed.

MembersZone Subscriber

email doesn't show who all they were sent to. how many open spots do they have now? and do you know about how many expected retirees? thanks for your time.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by eric33014 View Post
    email doesn't show who all they were sent to. how many open spots do they have now? and do you know about how many expected retirees? thanks for your time.
    Eric, I received an e-mail this morning also, they must have cc'd the sent e-mails to keep the addresses secure. And I don't believe there is any open spots currently. layinonair has already mentioned the SAFER Grant, which means when a member leaves the dept for whatever reason they have 15 days to fill their spot. Thats why they're making this eligibility list. It's gonna be hard to find accurate numbers in this process i think. We can only speculate.

Quote Originally Posted by Gio85 View Post
    Eric, I received an e-mail this morning also, they must have cc'd the sent e-mails to keep the addresses secure. And I don't believe there is any open spots currently. layinonair has already mentioned the SAFER Grant, which means when a member leaves the dept for whatever reason they have 15 days to fill their spot. Thats why they're making this eligibility list. It's gonna be hard to find accurate numbers in this process i think. We can only speculate.
    When I went through the process you could see who it was sent to, the last list was 129 or so (since I was able to count them). I haven't found out the amount of people on the eligibility list since I am on K-Day right now. But like you said, it will all be speculation, I'll try to keep you posted as much as I can. We just hired the last 3 off the last list. And now everyone else will come from this one, which I know there are a few guys teetering on the edge of leaving/medical out.

MembersZone Subscriber

thanks for the info fellas

MembersZone Subscriber

Default status

i checked my status with the city and said eligible to be hired.(eligibility list). any of you know how to find our where on that list and howmany people made the list?

Thread Information