Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Chief1FF View Post
    I have run in to this problem before! It is a driver training issue. V-Mux require all there nodes to power up a one time with the same amount of voltage to each node. If you have a driver who jumps in the cab turns on the battery, then starts the truck with out waiting a couple of seconds you can have problems!

Chief1ff
    Mark
    I guess our drivers are better trained than others.

As for what you actually posted for procedure, I won't disagree with it. I assist the 3 shifts that get a new rig, and that is one thing I teach them. Follows with starting the rig. Power up, wait for Vista, power ignition, then wait for the full sweep of the instrument cluster before starting. Any deviation could cause an issue.

FM1
    I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF
    "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FIREMECH1 View Post
    I guess our drivers are better trained than others.

As for what you actually posted for procedure, I won't disagree with it. I assist the 3 shifts that get a new rig, and that is one thing I teach them. Follows with starting the rig. Power up, wait for Vista, power ignition, then wait for the full sweep of the instrument cluster before starting. Any deviation could cause an issue.

FM1
    FireMech,

Your procedure is correct! I run into this problem a lot especially with larger departments. Guys get into a hurry and just start the truck with out waiting. I wish more departments would follow your procedure and listen to there mechanics like your department seems to!

Chief1ff
    Mark

Thanks, but trust me, not all of our drivers are there yet. Especially the reserve or new transfer drivers from older rigs. But, they are learning as I find them.

Until I started working with the FD rigs, there was very little input or control the maintenance shop could give them for operating the rigs. It took me 2-3 years to get the respect of the FD, to where I can now change or make SOP/SOG's, with their blessing.

Yes, I'm putting a feather in my cap. If I didn't love my job, have respect for those that are putting themselves in harms way, I would be doing a disservice to all the firefighters on the job.

FM1

ps: Sorry for tooting my own horn. But the firefighters are second Brothers, to my Marine Brothers.
    I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF
    "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Thread Information