Forum Member

Conditional offers went out today. One of my buddies got one so it looks like they hired laterals from all over the state. I just hope they pick up some of us off the new recruit list before it expires... Congrats to all those who got offers though! LVFR is by far where I eventually want to end up.
    Last edited by shmanky808; 08-05-2011 at 02:42 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by shmanky808 View Post
    Conditional offers went out today. One of my buddies got one so it looks like they hired laterals from all over the state. I just hope they pick up some of us off the new recruit list before it expires... Congrats to all those who got offers though! LVFR is by far where I eventually want to end up.
    So far 14 NLVFD guys plus some from Reno FD and 1 from Boulder City Fire have received conditional offers. I don't know if they have called every one already or not.

Forum Member

Does anyone know if they will start a recruitment for 2012/2013?

http://www.lasvegasnevada.gov/Publications/25255.htm

Forum Member

heard some possibly good news, that is NOT set in stone. Just keeping hope alive, and stay prepared in case an opportunity opens.

Forum Member

I talked to my buddy who is in the lateral academy and he said that he has heard different things. Some have told him, they want to hire more off the lateral or new recruit list and others have told him they're not going to hire anymore for a while...

MembersZone Subscriber

I talked to my buddy who is in the lateral academy and he said that he has heard different things. Some have told him, they want to hire more off the lateral or new recruit list and others have told him they're not going to hire anymore for a while...
    Crossing my fingers! Let's all hope for the best, as I assume you all are in group 1 like myself. In the mean time continue testing. Their are a lot of other great departments out there. Don't want to miss out on an opportunity elsewhere. LVF&R would be awesome to work for though.

shmanky808, your referring to the lateral academy that just graduated right?

tactics, thanks for keeping us updated. It's very appreciative.

Forum Member

That's the one!

Forum Member

Default Anything New For LVF&R?

As time is closing in on the 24-month mark since I tested with LVF&R (January, 2010), have been wondering for months what is next? I'm aware of the lateral hires in October 2011, but nothing has been said in this forum regarding those of us in Group 1 who tested two years ago. I understand most test lists are good for only 24 months, but thought I read something about LVF&R extending the period to 30 months....

If I have to re-test, so be it. Just curious if any of you have heard anything regarding LVF&R hiring in 2012....I can only imagine they are in need of more FF's.

Thanks in advance for any new info. Happy and Safe Holidays to All!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Here is some info that I came across in regards to the the firefighter trainee list. From the looks of it, the list could possibly be extended to December of this year. According to HR, I was told that the extension to June has been approved. Let's keep the faith!

http://www5.lasvegasnevada.gov/sirep...2123120684.PDF

Forum Member

I wonder if the NLV guys will be going back now. Sucks to leave due to layoff's only to have the department rehire quickly.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bwoody2016 View Post
    I wonder if the NLV guys will be going back now. Sucks to leave due to layoff's only to have the department rehire quickly.
    I wouldn't. Would you? Your job is constantly up in the air and they'd been given pink slips at least twice from what I hear. LVF&R is right where I would stay if I was them.

Forum Member

Two years later and I finally got the call for an interview. Tested in January of 2010 and was in Group 1. I would have loved to work for this department having that I grew up in Vegas but was in fact hired by another big city department back in December. I guess you could call it bad timing or good fortune whichever way you look at it. LVFR is great department! Just a little jealous of all those that plan on making the interview. Good look to those of you that get the call!

MembersZone Subscriber

I spoke to HR this past Tuesday and was informed that I should be getting a call by next week. It's good to hear that the process is finally moving forward. Hey shmanky808, were you living in Nevada at the time of the written exam? Only reason I ask is because I was informed that only those in group 1 who live in Nevada will be getting a call.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nnfra200302 View Post
    Hey shmanky808, were you living in Nevada at the time of the written exam? Only reason I ask is because I was informed that only those in group 1 who live in Nevada will be getting a call.
    Yeah, I was living in Reno at the time of the written.

MembersZone Subscriber

Yeah, I was living in Reno at the time of the written.
    What a small world, I lived in Reno at the time of the written exam also, and still do. By the way, congrats on getting the job.

Forum Member

...wow...this is pretty shocking! So, would it be safe to assume that all of us in Group 1 will be getting a call to interview?! Although I haven't given up on LVF&R, the fact that it has been sooooo long since we've had any kind of forward progess towards hiring has been a bit disillusioning. Congrats to all that get a call and/or make on!! (Frankly, LVF&R is my #1 choice here in Vegas)

Forum Member

Got the call on Thurs, Im so excited for this preocess I have a real good feeling about this Test, hopefully we all get on...

Forum Member

Just got my call this morning. 130 people are getting called. LVF&R to hire between 10-16 FF's. Las Vegas does not have the ability to run the CPAT, but will be reimbursing those who move forward for the cost of their CPAT card, not the cost of the trip to acquire it. Was literally just told this information minutes ago. Good luck to all of us!!

MembersZone Subscriber

I also got my call this morning. My interview is March 20th at 8:30am. To the others who received a call, when is your interview? Good luck to you all.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nnfra200302 View Post
    I also got my call this morning. My interview is March 20th at 8:30am. To the others who received a call, when is your interview? Good luck to you all.
    Some people have already interviewed.

Forum Member

Guys-

We've been hiring, but its been lateral hires as many of you already know. They've been debating what to do with the hiring process they'd started. I haven't posted on this because everything seemed to change on a regular basis. We will absolutely be hiring, but how many and exactly when is still a bit up in the air...Our chief wanted to pick up firefighters who were facing imminent layoff or who had been laid off in Nevada first. We've done this, so i'm hoping things get completed with this "new hire" process...We'll see, and i'll comment on anything that is concrete per the Chief and OK to say in a public forum. (We've got strict rules about what we can share in the "media"...which includes public forums...)

Best of Luck AND Preparation,

Paul
    PaulC
    FF/EMTP
    City of Las Vegas Fire & Rescue
    gethiredbyfire.com & The Fire Jobs App

Forum Member

To any of you who have interviewed: How did it go? Any further insight into what is happening? Any information about when you will find out?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Thank You 4 Your Time View Post
    To any of you who have interviewed: How did it go? Any further insight into what is happening? Any information about when you will find out?
    My interview is this coming Tuesday at 8:30am. Haven't heard from others though. When is your interview?

Forum Member

My interview is Tuesday as well, 1:00pm. I'll be back here to give my impression of the interview. Good
    luck to all of you! Hopefully we'll get to shake hands at our first day at the Academy.

Forum Member

My interview yesterday went well, no major surprises. Fingers and toes are now firmly crossed. Was told by HR rep those who interviewed will hear from someone this coming Monday or Tuesday. Good luck to all of you,...we all know how long the wait has been.

Thread Information