Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Forum Member

Thumbs up City of Las Vegas Fire & Rescue Hiring.

Hey Guys,

I was just told that our new Chief is going to a justification committee in the next week for 18 new hire positions. It seems likely that he'll be able to get them on, but I won't have any other details until its approved and the powers that be figure out where to go with bringing new hires on. Specifically, I don't know if they're going to continue with the process they'd already started or not for those of you who'd begun.

I'll keep you updated as more comes out.

PaulC
    PaulC
    FF/EMTP
    City of Las Vegas Fire & Rescue
    gethiredbyfire.com & The Fire Jobs App

Forum Member

That's great! Thanks Paul.

I tested with LVF&R in January of 2010, and scored a 95. I have been told that since I tested, but did not have an opportunity to continue through the hiring process due to the process being postponed, I would be 'automatically' included once the hiring process resumes. Has anyone heard of that? As far as costs go, it would make sense to pick up where they left off, instead of starting from square one again.

Thanks again for the information.

Forum Member

I'm in the exact same boat as you are, in group A and waiting to hear more. Although its been a year since the test I do think that they will resume where they left off from the last testing process and not go through with another one.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thats great news! I also tested in January 2010 and scored a 94. The eligible list was certified on June 2nd, 2010 according to the the civil service meeting that was held on June 2nd, 2010. It makes absolutely no sense to start the hiring process all over again when the city is already in financial difficulty. The list is normally good for two years, which would take it to June 2012, give or take. Thanks for keeping us updated PaulC.

Forum Member

Confirmed it on Friday from the Chief directly. He's going for approval on 18 new hires. North Las Vegas is getting ready to lose some guys...Total bummer, but we're ready to grow some again. Let's hope there is more to come!

PaulC.
    PaulC
    FF/EMTP

Forum Member

This is great news! I scored a 94 on the written last January and hopefully look forward to continuing on in the process. Thank you for the update Paul!

Crossing my fingers for the firefighters of NLVFD! Anything that can be done to keep those guys on.

Forum Member

I wouldn't be surprised if North-Town does lose some if city would just open a lateral transfer hiring and do a shortened academy to pick up those guys.
    Last edited by sprtan; 02-14-2011 at 12:25 PM.

Forum Member

Any word on when or how many north LV FD may lose? I'm assuming LVFR will pick those guys up?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by AW87 View Post
    Any word on when or how many north LV FD may lose? I'm assuming LVFR will pick those guys up?
    I seriously doubt it. Someone correct me if am wrong, but I believe those guys would have had to have gone through the hiring process like everyone else that started back in January 2010. Thats unfortunate that those guys may lose their jobs, but unless LVF&R does a lateral recruitment, thats just the way the chips fall.

Forum Member

Hi Guys,

Actually, I believe the Chief would very much like to absorb the guys from NLVFD if they get laid off, but there are laws that govern the hiring process that may (or may not) preclude him from doing just that. I'll post whatever comes out going forward.

Best,

Paul
    PaulC
    FF/EMTP

Forum Member

I don't mean to steal this thread but Henderson Fire Department just opened up their apps today for FF and are only accepting 500!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by AW87 View Post
    last I heard, NLVFD was going to lose 30-35...

Forum Member

Redx-

No worries! Henderson is an awesome department! Guys, if you've got the chance, APPLY NOW! You'd do very well to get on Henderson Fire.

Paul
    PaulC
    FF/EMTP

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool

Paul, I have a question for ya about (1) of your Guys..... Check your P.Ms.
    Last edited by mikeyboy; 02-17-2011 at 11:39 PM.

Forum Member

Don't know what this means for those of us that are currently in the process but the "postponed CPAT" notice that was posted on the city website a few weeks after the written in 2009 was just removed. Hopefully CPAT notices will be going out soon.
    Last edited by NV-Fire775; 03-02-2011 at 05:25 PM. Reason: typo

Forum Member

Yesterday I heard that LVFR is going to let their "list" expire, and restart the entire testing process. Anyone else heard this?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by redxjsrule View Post
    Yesterday I heard that LVFR is going to let their "list" expire, and restart the entire testing process. Anyone else heard this?
    Who did you hear this from?

MembersZone Subscriber

Just spoke to the HR Analyst in charge of this recruitment. She said, "You can rest assure that they will NOT restart the entire testing process." She also said, notices will be sent out in 1-2 months to the candidates in group 1 informing them to go and get a CPAT card. According to her, the city will not conduct their own CPAT testing.

Forum Member

Did she give you anymore info about when the interviews may be? or a timeline on hiring? or any numbers on how many spots they are going to fill?

Forum Member

I heard it from a Henderson Fireman but I am sure it's just a rumor he heard.

Thread Information