Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Funny Picture

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Sven, I'm not going to say anything more, because you and I both know what goes on.

Company XYZ wants Brand P, but is required by their municipality to go to bid.

So Brand P sales person gives XYZ them the wording for their spec to ensure that it is exclusive to Brand P, thereby causing other bidders to have to take exceptions, getting the bid thrown out, the end result being that Brand P gets awarded the Bid by XYZ. There is no gun involved.

But no, that would never happen, especially in Bucks and Montgomery Counties.
    I would say more often than not it is the dept. that prefers brand X and asks for help from brand X to ensure the dept gets what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by don120 View Post
    I would say more often than not it is the dept. that prefers brand X and asks for help from brand X to ensure the dept gets what they want.
    In Montgomery and Bucks Counties, they dont HAVE to ask for help!
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by mtg55 View Post
    Pirsch still makes fire trucks?!
    No, but it only took Pierce 50 years to figure out something Pirsch knew all those years ago. That Aluminum makes for good aerial ladders. ha ha

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by donethat View Post
    No, but it only took Pierce 50 years to figure out something Pirsch knew all those years ago. That Aluminum makes for good aerial ladders. ha ha
    Both have good qualities for building an aerial, the one serious downfall of steel is the corrosion inside the extrusions from condensation. It's the hidden enemy of steel ladders that has directly resulted in steel aerial failures. Granted its on older apparatus, but when its your ***** 100 ft in the air, things like that matter.

I do find it funny that they offer aluminum now, being that I sat across the table from pierce reps who said with confidence that aluminum aerials kill firefighters. Mfg's can point out all the "cons" of the competitor compared to their product, but don't be ridiculous and make ***** up.
    It takes a little intelligence to enjoy humor,satire & wit, but none to be offended by it.

It take more than a new Leather Helmet to make you a good officer

Forum Member

Smile

I can not recall ever driving across and Aluminum bridge before, however there is always a first time.

Forum Member

Rooftoptrucky, are actually saying "I do find it funny that they offer aluminum now, being that I sat across the table from pierce reps who said with confidence that aluminum aerials kill firefighters. Mfg's can point out all the "cons" of the competitor compared to their product, but don't be ridiculous and make ***** up."
    The Pierce rep for the Monroeville, PA area is a good friend of mine and I find it very hard to believe that he would make such a statement. I suggest that you follow the last line that you posted.
    Last edited by Engine153; 03-02-2011 at 10:28 AM.

Forum Member

I cannot recall ever flying in a steel airplane, and I don't think there will be a first time.

Forum Member

Yea I do see what you mean, However the Daily Maintenance is very expensive to keep them rivet popers up in the sky.

Thread Information