Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast
    Forum Member

Has anyone from the Trainee group gone through the interview yet?

Forum Member

I felt good for the first time ever in an interview. Now its wait and see to find out if they agree.

Forum Member

Good luck to everyone who has already had an interview and to those coming up this month. March can't come fast enough!

Forum Member

Default March?

March, is that when there making calls? rumors or hiring soon? when? how many?

Forum Member

My impression post-interview was that somewhere in March they will have worked out ranking and also have a rough idea of future budget/hiring. I think it's all tentative, so hold back on the angry phone calls if April rolls around and you haven't heard anything yet. Good luck to everyone else out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Caput58 View Post
    My impression post-interview was that somewhere in March they will have worked out ranking and also have a rough idea of future budget/hiring. I think it's all tentative, so hold back on the angry phone calls if April rolls around and you haven't heard anything yet. Good luck to everyone else out there.
    The city doesn't work very quickly when getting test results out, doesn't matter if it is hiring or promotional it takes them awhile. We are in the middle of figuring out our budget and the mayor is asking for an aprox 4% reduction package. Not to be the bearer of bad news but if that does happen there is a possibility of station closures, which realistically could mean layoffs. Last I heard was that best case scenario we aren't hiring for at least 6 months. not sure when that time starts or if it started from the last group hired. Our training process takes almost a year so they factor that in with the lenght of stoppage. Retirements in the summer will be a large determining factor in what happens later. Good luck, just don't expect a call that we will be hiring next month. It will resume just not exactlly sure when.

Forum Member

Does anyone know how the written/orals will be weighted? I heard that the written score will only be used as a tie breaker and that, otherwise, interviews scores alone will determine final ranking. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Forum Member

I heard that the recruit class ranking is weighted by both interview and test scores. The trainee group is only ranked based on their interview score.

Forum Member

That was originally my understanding also, the person who told me otherwise was pretty confident though and he is a FF/EMT candidate. Just trying to find out if there is any validity to it.

Forum Member

Anybody know if we're going to find out our final ranking in our letters? Or will it just be you passed now wait and see?

Quote Originally Posted by Vadim View Post
    I heard that the recruit class ranking is weighted by both interview and test scores. The trainee group is only ranked based on their interview score.
    So the trainee group is actually going to be ranked? And it's based on the interview? Everything else was pass / fail, I believe.

Forum Member

March is coming up fast!

Forum Member

Just got an email today saying they are in a hiring freeze till the next fiscal yr (July)

Forum Member

Got the same email.... I was hoping they would at least give us our ranking.

Forum Member

I too was hoping to get a ranking. Oh well, I guess we get to wait a few more months to find anything out. I did see the city needs to close a 17 million gap, so not sure exactly how bad that is.

Forum Member

That's pretty weak that they can't at least give us a ranking. I understand the situation but what's the harm in letting us know how our interviews went. These processes are driving me crazy!

Forum Member

One way to look at it is, if you got an email, you passed the interview?

Forum Member

^ whether or not that's true, that's how I'm looking at it! There is a budget gap, but I did hear some rumors while I was there that they are expecting a lot of retirements. I don't know how true that is though.

Forum Member

When did you guys get emails? Anyone from the trainee list get an email yet? Did the email specify whether you passed or not?

Forum Member

brogun, Currently, about 90 sworn employees are eligible for retirement. These are sworn employees who are at least 50 years old with a minimum 25 years of PF&R service or sworn employees at least 55 years old with any amount of PF&R service. This is straight from their requested budget. I'm hoping that the cuts are less severe than they're saying now and a lot retire opening up room for us

Thread Information