Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Hello to everyone from San Fernando, CA.

Hello everyone, my name is Edgar N. I am 21 years old. I'm not on a department, but that is my goal for the near future. I live in San Fernando, CA. and Los Angeles City Fire Dept. is my home dept. I'm currently enrolled in a community college near me, attending some Fire Technology classes as well as my EMT-1 class. I also just started in the Cadet program for L.A. City. I've been reading through this forum, their seems to be some very knowledgeable people. I hope to gain some knowledge from as many as possible, to better my chances for employment. Thanks for reading!

Forum Member

Hellow Edgar

Forum Member

What's up? Is anyone here from Southern California? For some reason I feel like I'm the only one, haha.

Forum Member

Hi Edgar,
    Welcome to the site. You are correct, there are lots of people with great insight.
    I got my start as a single function Paramedic for LA City Fire Department at old 66's. It was a great introduction to the fire service. At the time you were either a firefighter or a paramedic. I wanted to do both so I moved on. I have lots of great memories from there!
    The cadet program is AWESOME. Keep your head down and your mouth shut. Follow the LA City motto, "If it moves salute it, if it doesn't clean it". I believe there is a program where they may send deserving cadets through paramedic school. If so, take advantage of it.
    Pay attention to the forums, get your education, get yourself through a basic fire academy and keep your background CLEAN!
    Paul Lepore
    Division Chief
    Aspiringfirefighters.com
    AspiringFireOfficers.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool So Cali...

Ah, no you're not alone.....

Welcome to the Forums..... Heed Chief Lepore's advise and you'll go far.....
    Last edited by mikeyboy; 02-17-2011 at 11:26 PM.
    "Be LOUD, Be PROUD..... It just might save your can someday when goin' through an intersection!!!!!"

Life on the Truck (Quint) is good.....

Eat til you're sleepy..... Sleep til you're hungry..... And repeat.....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by paulLepore View Post
    Hi Edgar,
    Welcome to the site. You are correct, there are lots of people with great insight.
    I got my start as a single function Paramedic for LA City Fire Department at old 66's. It was a great introduction to the fire service. At the time you were either a firefighter or a paramedic. I wanted to do both so I moved on. I have lots of great memories from there!
    The cadet program is AWESOME. Keep your head down and your mouth shut. Follow the LA City motto, "If it moves salute it, if it doesn't clean it". I believe there is a program where they may send deserving cadets through paramedic school. If so, take advantage of it.
    Pay attention to the forums, get your education, get yourself through a basic fire academy and keep your background CLEAN!
    I haven't heard anything about the paramedic school, but I'm deffinetly putting everything into it every time I'm there. Thank you for the advice, I appreciate it! What department are you in?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyboy View Post
    Ah, no you're not alone.....

Welcome to the Forums..... Heed Chief Lepore's advise and you'll go far.....
    Thank you! That's good to know. You in a department?

Thread Information