Fire crews close Provo Center St. after gas leak
Fire fighters closed down a section of Center Street in Provo on Wednesday morning after a gas leak at a new restaurant.
Fire department battalion chief Tom Augustus said that crews received a call reporting the smell of natural gas around 8 a.m. After investigating, he said they discovered a pilot light had gone out but gas continued to flow at the new Station 22 restaurant, just west of University Ave.
Augustus said fire crews evacuated the entire Provo Town Square building and closed Center Street between University Ave. and 100 West. The sidewalk on University Ave. between Center Street and 100 North also was closed.
Augustus said there were no injuries or property damage related to the incident. By 9:30 a.m. crews were ventilating the building and preparing to reopen Center Street.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Provo FD respond to Gas leak
02-17-2011, 01:42 AM #1
Provo FD respond to Gas leakFront line since 1983 and still going strong
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily ReportReplies: 0Last Post: 11-24-2005, 08:04 AM
By cozmosis in forum Firefighters ForumReplies: 10Last Post: 06-08-2005, 05:27 PM
By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily ReportReplies: 0Last Post: 11-16-2003, 06:35 PM
By tanker5117 in forum Fire WireReplies: 1Last Post: 10-13-2003, 02:16 PM
By newtonb in forum Firefighters ForumReplies: 13Last Post: 02-28-2001, 04:35 PM