Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber ffmedcbk1's Avatar

Default Hurst O-rings and Hurst oils as tool lube

(i tried searching here and on the hurst site to no avail)

2 questions:

1.) we have the single couplers on the newer hurst tools and have been chewing up the o-rings. we have a small stash of them. other than "buy more o-rings" is there a solution for them not to get chewed up and broken so often?

2.)we were told by the rep that the only authorized lube, even for the exterior of the tools, is the the blue hurst brand phosphate ester that is used in the pumps? anyone heard of that? is this the only tool company that claims this or is the smoke being blown forcefully "somewhere"?

tried to call hurst but ever extention i tried on the phone tree didn't work today.
    Originally Posted by madden01
    "and everyone is encouraged to use Plain, Spelled Out English. I thought this was covered in NIMS training."

Not hurst specific but hyd in general. O rings SHOULDN'T get "chewed up". If they are in a hi wear area(like couplers)they USUALLY have a nylon protector ring to help align and protect the O ting. Don't know if this is true on Hurst as we don't use Hurst tools. O rings can(and are) made of different materials for different oils/fluids. Obviously,if you are using a phosphate ester fluid,the O ring needs to be compatible. Not ALL O rings are. The BEST source of information is Hurst. If you can't reach them by phone, try a E-mail.There's a LOT of folks on here using Hurst so I'm SURE someone will come on with an answer. T.C.

the o rings are directly from hurst. they do not have any protective layering that i can tell.
    "and everyone is encouraged to use Plain, Spelled Out English. I thought this was covered in NIMS training."

Forum Member

Please keep us updated on the outcome/answers you get from Hurst. My department is looking to upgrade to the newer style, and I would like to put some questions like this to the rep before a deal is made.

finally got throught to hurst themselves. they state the only lube is the blue hydro fluids.... nothing else.

Thread Information