MembersZone Subscriber

Default Has anyone ever taken the Central Florida Fire Academy New Hires Skills Test?

Ive read the description on the website regarding the written portion of the test but I'm wondering if its evenly divided between Fire and EMS. Does the written split it up 50/50 Fire/EMS or does it focus on one more than the other? I talked to a secretary there and she said just refer to the description on the website.

Thanks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HatchetHarry View Post
    Ive read the description on the website regarding the written portion of the test but I'm wondering if its evenly divided between Fire and EMS. Does the written split it up 50/50 Fire/EMS or does it focus on one more than the other? I talked to a secretary there and she said just refer to the description on the website.

Thanks
    I took it a couple years ago. I think it was all fire related questions. Pretty tough. Kind of like the fire school final. Lots of NFPA numbers and other stuff you forget quickly. Most of the people I tested with got under 80%. The medical part was a trauma patient assessment with airway management appropriate for your certification level. Two nights ago I tossed the CFFA test detail sheets they handed out at the beginning of the day.
    ...at this time.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by utilitycow View Post
    I took it a couple years ago. I think it was all fire related questions. Pretty tough. Kind of like the fire school final. Lots of NFPA numbers and other stuff you forget quickly. Most of the people I tested with got under 80%. The medical part was a trauma patient assessment with airway management appropriate for your certification level. Two nights ago I tossed the CFFA test detail sheets they handed out at the beginning of the day.
    I appreciate the info. I didn't use the Essentials IFSTA test in class and have failed a couple tests based on it lately and its not happening again. I'm working my way through the entire text right now and studying every practice exam and workbook I can get my hands on.

Thread Information