Forum Member

Default North Carolina Volunteer Depts??

Hey, I'm a 18 year old college student. I'm currently a Fire 2/EMT-B and am getting a fire science degree from a college in Maryland. After I finish getting my degree I am looking to move to North Carolina and hopefully get hired. I'm just wondering if anyone knows some good volunteer fire departments in North Carolina that have "live-in" programs and if possible run a decent amount of fire? Also does anyone know if NC accepts MD Fire and National Registry EMT?
    Thanks.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by RobinsonG View Post
    Hey, I'm a 18 year old college student. I'm currently a Fire 2/EMT-B and am getting a fire science degree from a college in Maryland. After I finish getting my degree I am looking to move to North Carolina and hopefully get hired. I'm just wondering if anyone knows some good volunteer fire departments in North Carolina that have "live-in" programs and if possible run a decent amount of fire? Also does anyone know if NC accepts MD Fire and National Registry EMT?
    Thanks.
    Yes NC does except. MD cert for FF I, II and National Reg also but you will have to take/challenge the NC paramedic test. No live in programs here in the Western end of the state that know of, but there could one of two in the Charlotte area.
    Stay Safe
    Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
    - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
    -WINSTON CHURCHILL

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Thumbs up Huh??...........

Why would anyone want to leave Maryland?......... Just kidding, of course. BUT, get your MFRI Certs upgraded to National Pro Board before you go, .later on that could be important to you. Good Luck......
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hwoods View Post
    Why would anyone want to leave Maryland?......... Just kidding, of course. BUT, get your MFRI Certs upgraded to National Pro Board before you go, .later on that could be important to you. Good Luck......

haha Maryland is a great state.... but I wouldn't want to get hired here. It's more I just want to move away then I don't like Maryland Fire or anything. Although we don't really run a great deal of fire over here in Montgomery. I'm actually thinking about living at a station in PG for a year after I get my AA before I move away. Maybe Bladensburg or Branchville.... any recommendations??

Thread Information